The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Lampard, Lucien Favre (Celtic), Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard all added to the rumour list for next Newcastle manager. They would all be a step up from Bruce anyway lol.

Gerrard would be my pick out of that lot, as you say, anything is a step up from Bruce who is a decent Championship level boss to be fair but if you want to get to the next level at least you need a level or two above him. Not overly convinced by Lampard although a lot of who he bought has come good at Chelsea but needed a proper manager to make it work. I like Rodgers but Newcastle in the end will want to end even higher than him but as we said earlier it may take time to work to that level.

Newcastle could end up with a better manager than us by the end of the season though. :funny::funny::dry:

Gerrard would be my pick out of that lot, as you say, anything is a step up from Bruce who is a decent Championship level boss to be fair but if you want to get to the next level at least you need a level or two above him. Not overly convinced by Lampard although a lot of who he bought has come good at Chelsea but needed a proper manager to make it work. I like Rodgers but Newcastle in the end will want to end even higher than him but as we said earlier it may take time to work to that level.

Newcastle could end up with a better manager than us by the end of the season though. :funny::funny::dry:
I'd take most of them right now - can't really expect a top boss right off. They would be more than welcome transitional managers and might also learn more effectively on the job than someone like Ole.

Haha, I doubt many (if any) PL clubs would be pursuing Ole once he is moved on, even the ones at the bottom of the league.

Hungary get the first goal against England through a pen. 1-0 to them.

Stones gets an equaliser getting on the end of a free kick. 1-1!

1-1 final score and not a great performance at home.

Good job Ole rested him for the international break, so clearly struggling with fitness. :whatever:

1-1 final score and not a great performance at home.

England should be fine still with San Marino and Albania left but it seemed like a tired performance from reports, again not the end of the world but under Southgate its not fast progressive football at the best of times.

It took Man city a while to get to Pep. Under their owners, they had Hughes, Mancini & Pellegrini.
I would expect Newcastle to do something similar & work their way up to a high profile manager.

Transfer Centre (Sky Sports)

TOON CONSIDERING LUIS CAMPOS FOR SPORTING DIRECTOR ROLE

Luis Campos - the man who turned Monaco and Lille into title winners in Paris Saint-Germain-dominated France - is one of several names under consideration to become Newcastle’s new sporting director.

Only two teams other than Paris Saint-Germain have won the French League title in the past nine years - and the common factor between them is Campos.

While taking Monaco and Lille to the top in France, Campos also made huge profits on player sales - more than £500m in only four years.

The good thing is at least these owners appear to be taking the project seriously and not trying to cut corners, just aiming for the best around available to improve the team and get them set up for the long term, Im sure the Newcastle fans can be a little more patient given how the past years have gone, at least they know they are headed in the right direction now and they might start to be taken seriously again as a real threat if they start to get in some proper players and the coaching is of a higher class, be interesting to see how quickly things move now, will they have Bruce out by the new year and then spend big in January already or wait to the summer when they will have more time to settle new people in.

The good thing is at least these owners appear to be taking the project seriously and not trying to cut corners, just aiming for the best around available to improve the team and get them set up for the long term, Im sure the Newcastle fans can be a little more patient given how the past years have gone, at least they know they are headed in the right direction now and they might start to be taken seriously again as a real threat if they start to get in some proper players and the coaching is of a higher class, be interesting to see how quickly things move now, will they have Bruce out by the new year and then spend big in January already or wait to the summer when they will have more time to settle new people in.
Most fans I know are just happy Ashley is out and will be happy if we have a team that has a good go every week. Never been about winning things, not heard any fans ever moan about that. We used to go away crazy-happy after losing 4-3 as long as our team is giving it everything and playing attacking football. Staveley and the Reuben brothers seems more sensible than many other club leaders.

Most fans I know are just happy Ashley is out and will be happy if we have a team that has a good go every week. Never been about winning things, not heard any fans ever moan about that. We used to go away crazy-happy after losing 4-3 as long as our team is giving it everything and playing attacking football. Staveley and the Reuben brothers seems more sensible than many other club leaders.

Yeah the first step is to go from where you are up to the likes of Everton/Leicester and perhaps get into Europe, a position where relegation isnt really on the cards instead of fighting for your life each season. Trophies will be nice bonus if they come along but the big picture is stabilize in the Prem and just move up the table, the big things will come in time if the foundations are solid and recruitment is on a high level. You should have the finances now to do that and willingness more importantly to spend big on the right things.

Yeah the first step is to go from where you are up to the likes of Everton/Leicester and perhaps get into Europe, a position where relegation isnt really on the cards instead of fighting for your life each season. Trophies will be nice bonus if they come along but the big picture is stabilize in the Prem and just move up the table, the big things will come in time if the foundations are solid and recruitment is on a high level. You should have the finances now to do that and willingness more importantly to spend big on the right things.
Yeah, and we are a long way behind them for now. Even finishing in the top half of the table will feel amazing after all these years. For now the key is to try and avoid relegation this season and start working on the foundations of the club that Ashley has let rot for 14 years.

Newcastle's first signing perhaps. :cwink:
Ha, would obviously take him no questions asked, but maybe he’s thinking of Madrid or Barca (surely not) if open to overseas. Newcastle will take a good while to get decent so it might not be worth it for players at the top of their game to have to tread water during that time.

Leicester away after an international break with both first choice center backs out injured, all the calssic hallmarks of more dropped points for United today. :nrv:

Leicester away after an international break with both first choice center backs out injured, all the calssic hallmarks of more dropped points for United today. :nrv:
The only thing really going for us is that away we're actually better than we are at home. With that said I think it will be tough today as well. Maybe a draw?

The only thing really going for us is that away we're actually better than we are at home. With that said I think it will be tough today as well. Maybe a draw?

Currently 1-1 at HT so quite possible at the moment. We started ok, not great, but after taking the lead another mess up at the back has caused Leicester to come back and get on top of us. Maguire is playing but clearly not fit as he has been all over the place. Hopefully improvement in the second half...

MU had a good start against Leicester. Then Greenwood scored a great goal which was answered with a stunning goal from Tielemans and Leicester leveled the playing field.

Every time I hear Maguire’s name I hear it with Keane’s rant voice “Maguuuire”

1_Screen-Shot-2020-06-20-at-143123.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back