The only reasonable plot.

TheWrathOfGod

Civilian
Reaction score
Hal is essentially George W. Bush, his father is someone he can't measure up to.
Hal's DUI gets him kicked out of the Air Force.
Hal wanders off the Air Force base and into the desert, he finds Abin Sur (Jesus)- Hal is given the ring as Sur dies.

MIDDLE part, Sinestro decides humanity must be conquered and kills all the lanterns within range of Earth, Hal is the last of the guardians sentinels, he must master his ring and stop Sinestro.
Yesterday Hal Jordan was an Air Force washout with a DUI, but now he is THE GREEN LANNTERN!!!

Last edited:
please..I understand the analogy but don't put Bush and Jordan together in a sentence again.

please..I understand the analogy but don't put Bush and Jordan together in a sentence again.

There should be little to no difference between Hal Jordan and George W Bush. Hal Jordan needs to be a flawed individual before he can wield the power of the ring. This is the only relevant/reasonable plot in my opinion.

georgewbush.jpg

haljordan.jpg

3755400x600.jpg

Last edited:
This guys trolling is getting a little sour for my taste.

What is this thread? Is this a joke? It's not very funny.

I'm just picturing Hal choking on a yellow pretzel...

It's obvious that WrathofGod is not serious, so there you go. After his comment about Hal should be wearing military fatigue instead of his Green Lantern costume throughout the movie, you can tell it's a joke.

I am serious, Hal doesn't wear fatigues as his costume, his GL suit burns through the fatigues in the final battle.
I included the cover of Emerald Dawn to illustrate my point.

Last edited:
This is no ploy or act to gain attention. This is simply an interesting paradox I noticed when examining the Green Lantern in a thematic setting. Cinematically I think that this plot would prove highly reverent and entertaining given the “realistic” tone most films strive for. It’s ignorant to dismiss my post as a “trolling” exercise if you don’t fully grasp the concept. I’ll be more than willing to clarify any misunderstanding of my proposed story.

This is no ploy or act to gain attention. This is simply an interesting paradox I noticed when examining the Green Lantern in a thematic setting. Cinematically I think that this plot would prove highly reverent and entertaining given the “realistic” tone most films strive for. It’s ignorant to dismiss my post as a “trolling” exercise if you don’t fully grasp the concept. I’ll be more than willing to clarify any misunderstanding of my proposed story.

You claim that Hal Jordan must be like George W. Bush based on the fact that they're flawed and have father issues? That applies to a hell of a lot of people.

Then you go on about how Sinestro wants to kill everyone on Earth, which if you've ever read anything with Sinestro in it, you would no is completely out of character. Why would he randomly just want to kill all humans?

Besides, if that's the only "reasonable plot" why have they already written a draft of the script in which that's not the plot? Sinestro isn't even a villain yet.

And as for your idea of him not wearing his costume until the end, that's also not going to happen. Why would it? The costume is a uniform, he'll wear it as soon as he puts on the ring, which is where the costume comes from. That's how it goes in the script that's been written. That's how it goes in the comics. that's how it goes in most comic book movies. Spider-Man didn't wait until the end of the movie to wear his costume. Neither did... anyone.

Jeez, I sure hope you're just trolling.

The diffence is that Hal Jordan actually served in combat. You suggesting a correlation does strike a nerve in some and I would suggest you leave politics out of here and discuss them over in the Politics board.

Although I see the comparison you made, and I don't think this is a troll at all, as to me Super heroes can be very political and philosophical to talk about.

You have to realize Bush and Hal are very different, one dresses up and is based with a green power ring to fend for Justice on a basic level, stop people from dying, and giving them all an equal chance to live. Bush is more about bettering peoples lives.....hence why super heroes never really get involved into politics, they just go about and protect others from physical, and sometimes mental harm so they can go about living there lives in a normal society.

Not kill everyone on earth, but conquer it.
In the movie Sinestro's ideas for protecting Kroguar are applied for Earth.

Sinestro should come off as a moral and ideologically nobel, but his methods are simply unacceptable.

Last edited:
Close this thread. It's not funny, and this guy is a troll.

George bush with a power ring. I'd tremble in fear

Why are you guys calling him a troll?

i think it's because if you really read into his comments, there's something off about them nor does he add anything to discussions. He also made a comment how Hal Jordan shouldn't wear the Green Lantern suit until the end of the movie; instead, he should wear a military fatiques with a glowing eyes.

Maybe it's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"