The Pale Blue Eye: Christian Bale to Star in Director Scott Cooper’s Adaptation

This could be interesting. Cinematography looks great.

Yeah, this looks pretty good. It's weird how Netflix seems to be dumping it, especially after their presumed awards-contenders fell flat. (But then again, we really shouldn't be surprised by their incompetence at this point.)

I’m sure this will be infinitely better, but every trailer I see, I flashback to…

I like the look of this, very intriguing setting for a detective thriller.

Out today. Reviews are so-so. Christian Bale may be one of the greatest actors of our generation but his last few movies sure don’t support that.

I started this today and I have about an hour left, but I'm gonna be honest, as big of a fan as I am of Christian Bale, and how gorgeously shot this film is, it's just too slow. I don't know if I'll finish it at this point. I'm at the point with movies where if I'm bored and I don't want to finish, it's really really hard for me to keep going with it.

Last edited:
I’m the same way. I can appreciate a slower movie that tries to build an atmosphere. But it can’t be just that. It one of the reasons I’ve never been able to finish a Terrence Malick film.

I’m the same way. I can appreciate a slower movie that tries to build an atmosphere. But it can’t be just that. It one of the reasons I’ve never been able to finish a Terrence Malick film.
yeah it's hard to push through something you can't really get into. It just ends up being forgettable and a waste of 2 hours or so.

I started this today and I have about an hour left, but I'm gonna be honest, as big of a fan as I am of Christian Bale, and how gorgeously shot this film is, it's just too slow. I don't know if I'll finish it at this point. I'm at the point with movies where if I'm bored and I don't want to finish, it's really really hard for me to keep going with it.

The movie itself is 6/10 for sure, but you should give it a try and let it tell you the solution of the case. Its worth it. Bale is an awesome actor but with Thor 4, Amsterdam and now this 2022 was really bad year for him. 3 stinkers in a row.

I enjoyed this for what it was, but its definitely on the slow burn side. It's no From Hell but Christian Bale gave a solid performance and Harry Melling was pretty great in this too.

I also really loved the way it was shot and the atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"