The Penguin Casting Thread

You say that, but with Homecoming casting relatively younger folks for Peter and company compared to past efforts, I'd be curious to see Gad as Jameson. I mean not really, but he's already got the ranting and raving part.

It's more of a preference thing. I am really not keen on having a Penguin that is younger than Batman. It doesn't help that Gad looks almost ten years younger than he actually is.

Most likely they will slather some make-up on him like they did with Danny DeVito. Having a pie face works in his favor because unlike Gotham, Penguin is usually depicted as having a round face.
I'm sure they can make him look old and hideous enough for a movie, where they have the budget and time for it.

Kind of hard to take complaints about Gad's acting ability seriously. He's famous because he can act. He's got very solid range, excellent timing, and has proved himself in a number of different kinds of roles. He made the transition from Broadway to film fairly rapidly in part because of his talent.

Exactly how hard is it going to be to "act the part" of Oswald Cobblepot?

Few people were prepared to give Gal Gadot a chance as Wonder Woman. And they were massively, massively wrong.

Kind of hard to take complaints about Gad's acting ability seriously. He's famous because he can act. He's got very solid range, excellent timing, and has proved himself in a number of different kinds of roles. He made the transition from Broadway to film fairly rapidly in part because of his talent.

Exactly how hard is it going to be to "act the part" of Oswald Cobblepot?
Because he is a very annoying nerd who overacts and thinks he's funny, but he's not.

Because he is a very annoying nerd who overacts and thinks he's funny, but he's not.

An unironic post? Et tu?
giphy.gif

Did this Josh Gad kill a bunch of puppies or something? :O

I'm down with Gad after seeing some of his acting on YouTube. I don't get the hate

Paul Giamatti as Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin

Safe choice: Toby Jones
Left-field choice: Wayne Knight

Correct choice: Steve Carell

As far as I'm concerned there are four compelling candidates for this part. In no particular order: Toby Jones, Paul Giamatti, Steve Carrell and Timothy Spall.

Out of those four fine actors, I'd personally give the edge to Steve Carrell. Unlike Jones and Giamatti, he has not yet played a comic-book character and he arguably has the highest profile and most star charisma out of them all (and although the classic Penguin may be a creepy and peculiar-looking criminal, as a powerful mob boss, club owner and even celebrity among the Gotham elite, he should possess as certain degree of charisma). Plus, Carrell demonstrated his dramatic chops with Foxcatcher where he played a creepy aristocrat, somewhat akin to The Penguin.

But any of those four guys would be great. Although it's a shame that Philip Seymour Hoffman, the best Penguin that never was, is no longer alive.

I still like Steve Carrell and Jonah Hill for this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"