The Penguin Casting Thread

Once again, there's no way i can ever take that seriously. He will always be George to me.
terrible logic considering the last live action Penguin we got. Danny Devito had a huge reputation as a comedic actor and then he did BR and blew everyone away. And now he's on it's always sunny.

I don't see why you couldn't just use DeVito again. It's not he looks any different after all.

Timothy Spall, Alfred Molina, Ray Winstone, Stephen Graham, or Brendan Gleeson.

This dude. His illness, bless him, would work in the context of Penguin. Just give him a few years.
Atticus%20Shaffer-BBE-003383.jpg

terrible logic considering the last live action Penguin we got. Danny Devito had a huge reputation as a comedic actor and then he did BR and blew everyone away. And now he's on it's always sunny.
Blew everyone away? Everyone knew he was a great actor and was famous for playing a scumbag before he ever played Penguin. There wasn't much difference between Penguin in Returns and other roles of his, only it was more grotesque in appearance. He brought a ton of dark comedy and perverted scenes into the mix just like he's done in the past.

I think DeVito's Penguin and Leder's Joker have a lot more similarities than most people would care to admit.

With the dark humor sure. But that's about it. Even with the dark humor, Pengy was way too perverted lol.

"Just the ***** I've been looking for!" :)
Thst was great for the kids!

Eddie Marsan or David Suchet
Suchet is my number one choice, but that's a fantasy because he's getting older and thinning down. When the Nolan movies were running, it would have been perfect. Just like Bob Hoskins would have been perfect in the 90s if they were taking it a little more seriously or closer to the comics at least.

Hoffman would have destroyed this role in the best way possible but only if he was still alive because his age that he was moving towards would have been right for the role. In a Affleck movie? Damn son! It's really too bad.

"Just the ***** I've been looking for!" :)
Thst was great for the kids!
My god haha, it really was intense. "Id like to...fill her void!!" *Penguin stares at womans ass*. And constantly hitting on Catwoman "YUH LOUSY MINX!" hilarious line after he's rejected.

Suchet is my number one choice, but that's a fantasy because he's getting older and thinning down. When the Nolan movies were running, it would have been perfect. Just like Bob Hoskins would have been perfect in the 90s if they were taking it a little more seriously or closer to the comics at least.

I honestly cant remember the last time I saw him in anything (probably Foolproof) so I don't actually know what he currently looks like. I figured age shouldn't be too much of a factor with Penguin.

I have an idea that's going to blow your minds... but you need to think outside the box. Think about this actor in terms of his talent and his vast array of character work, and imagine the possibilities:

r

mike-myers-directorial-debut.jpg

mike-myers.jpg

Shot_1_8111.jpg

Timothy Spall for Arkham City Penguin

Jonah Hill for classic Penguin

Jason Alexander should be the ventriloquist and that is it :D

Kevin Spacey as Penguin would be awesome

tumblr_nhdcx52DBc1r997xso6_540.png

Put a monocle and top hat on that.

I'd love to see Zod's old Boardwalk pal.

diS5ER3.jpg

Stephen Graham deserves a big role. He's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"