The Penguin Casting Thread

Timothy Spall of the Harry Potter series, now he would be my pick for Penguin

The Penguin I could see Stanley Tucci or still think David Suchet could be him too.

Eddie Marsan, or Toby Jones.

I'd love to see Zod's old Boardwalk pal.

diS5ER3.jpg

Stephen Graham deserves a big role. He's great.

That sounds like a plan!:up:

Superior manipping skills, there.

At least he doesn't look like one of Jimmy Savile's mates, remember? :p

I don't know why Tom Cruise and Elijah Wood are in this poll. They don't have the right look at all.
Edward Furlong does! But the other hand, they are better actors than him and this time talent could be more important than looks

Hard for me to picture any actor in that role, without some good makeup/prosthetics.

I would imagine Penguin to be a bit older than Batman.

I was just looking through photos and a vid of Penguin from the Arkham series (never played the game, but I like their take on him.)

Sorry Idk how to post photos, but the Arkham Penguin's facial features reminded me a little of actor Paul Ben-Victor (age 50).

He's been in a ton of movies, very recognizable face, I know him mainly as Spiros, the guy under The Greek in the second season of The Wire.

But I'd like to see them take a well known, completely unexpected actor, and through his portrayal, mannerisms, voice, costume, and makeup/prosthetics (maybe a fat suit, depending, or the actor gains a lot of weight) and completely transform them, like Carrel in Foxcatcher or Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder.

Would love to see a good Penguin, not as the main bad guy, but in an important secondary role like Two Face in TDK. Be cool to see a lot of the Gotham Rogues Gallery in that capacity throughout the DCEU movies.

That sounds like a plan!:up:

Yeah, great suggestion, and a big possibility, due to his close connection to Shannon. He has the expressive eyes and sinister cackle to fit The Penguin, and is a good height, IMO, at 5'5", just give him a really pronounced "beak" (I feel that The Penguin needs to have that long pointy nose) and maybe pad him out a bit with some extra weight). He was definitely great as Capone.

robin williams being on the poll still is kinda awkward... and sad. :csad:

I do think Williams should be added to the Ben Affleck's batman film he always wanted to be in one and They could just use prerecorded audio as Batman walks down the halls of Arkham Asylum... just a thought?

Paul Giamatti in Shoot Em Up is what i picture Penguin being

I gotcha covered on Jonah Hill as Penguin... I really liked this idea until Jesse Eisenberg was announced as Lex. I'm thrilled with Eisenberg, but I don't think we can tap into that generation of actors/interpretations for more than his role...

jonahumbrella.jpg

jonahcobblepot.jpg

Paul Giamatti in Shoot Em Up is what i picture Penguin being

Very interesting suggestion, I like it. With some makeup/prosthetics, he could really pull it off. I'm hoping whoever they choose, it turns into one of those Ledger type performances that blows everybody away.

Giamatti also needs a pick me up after ASM2 and saying all the crazy stuff in San Andreas. So, I like the choice. :up:

Giamatti would go too far over the top

he could, you know, like not.....if the director says don't. There's always that.... lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"