The Penguin Casting Thread

It can work. Not every bad guy needs to have a commanding presence and be able to make Oscar winning monologues. Sometimes horrible people are just horrible.

Well what's rather strange is after making major life changes my number one pick has changed.

Always thought Timothy Spall was perfect for Penguin, I mean just look at him.

But I have just seen how much weight he's lost and he looks completely different.

My second and third (as I can't really pick between them ) picks would be Toby Jones always thought he's got a good look for The Penguin. Here he is as Hitchcock which isn't too far from how Penguin would look.

Third pick would be Jared Harris, liked him every since Sherlock Holmes 2 and who just doesn't seem to be in a lot of things.

Stephen Graham right now, Bob Hoskins in my fantasy casting team!

Conleth Hill
Iwan Rheon
Jack Black
Michael Emerson
Simon Russell Beale
Toby Jones

I'm pretty interested in what kind of general look they'll give him. The "sportswear mobster", like Rhino in TASM2 and Captain Boomerang in SS; or a conscious, script-based effort to keep him old-fashioned and vintage, top hat and monocle included.

I'm pretty interested in what kind of general look they'll give him. The "sportswear mobster", like Rhino in TASM2 and Captain Boomerang in SS; or a conscious, script-based effort to keep him old-fashioned and vintage, top hat and monocle included.

I hope they keep it top hat and monocle. At the very least keep the monocle. Some may be against this but I do hope they give the actor a bit of prosthetics for their nose. A slight one, nothing too extreme or ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind if it were an homage to his monocle look with an jewelry loupe. Maybe a mix between the Brick and the Jew from Snatch.

There is only one man for the role

Eddie Marsan.

Short in height, correct facial features without the need for prosthetics but most importantly acting range.

I wouldn't mind if it were an homage to his monocle look with an jewelry loupe. Maybe a mix between the Brick and the Jew from Snatch.

That's Brick Top and Doug the Head, good sir. Get it right! :cwink:

So the rumored casting call described the character as short, overweight, and with a large pointed nose.

Fan-cast accordingly.

8f0M.gif

Imagine Pacino going back to his Dick Tracy roots and choosing Penguin for a last great hurrah. Weirder things have happened. He's done Adam Sandler movies.

Relieved to hear they want fat Penguin. The nose will presumably be a prosthetic, though. Jack Black is still my top choice. Add more nose to his look as R.L Stine and that's what I'd like to see as Oswald.

black-goosebumps.png

6eiJ.gif

Imagine Pacino going back to his Dick Tracy roots and choosing Penguin for a last great hurrah. Weirder things have happened. He's done Adam Sandler movies.
He's outside the age range for Penguin. If anything he'll be Falcone.

Hes the one who posted that Twitter video campaigning for penguin. It was super weird though lol.

Penguin need not to be overly fat. Gotham showed me a skinny Penguin can work as well as a fat version.

Yeah that's true. But if the casting call is to be believed they want short and heavy set.

A short and fat Penguin, with a slight limp or funny walking would be great for me!

Can’t stand Josh Gad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"