The Phil Hester Appreciation Thread

sinewave

Avenger
Reaction score
Feel free post your favorite Phil Hester art here.

I'll get us started:

GreenArrowArchersQuestTP.jpg

HesterBatman.jpg

Nightwing109.jpg

4397_400x600.jpg

4345_400x600.jpg

Phil is an incredible artist, but anyone who hasn't is doing themselves a great disservice if you've not checked out any of the comics he's written. Deep Sleeper, The Coffin, and the Atheist are some of the coolest alternative comics I've read in the past few years

I want to kill him and drink his blood so I may absorb his incredible multi-talents.

Hester is the s#!t!!! i hope he comes back to GA some day soon!

he had 40 issues on the title, he said what he wanted to say, that's a long run. He may come back some day, but not any time soon

Yeah, I really miss Phil on GA. I'm not impressed with the artists they've used since he left that title. I'd love to see him on the Flash, JSA or Teen Titans, also. I haven't read any of his work, but I might have to seek some out based on Elijya's recommendations.

I know he is doing a Marvel title after his Nightwing run (which ends on 115 - I think). Which title exactly escapes me, but hopefully it will be cool.

yenaled said:
I know he is doing a Marvel title after his Nightwing run (which ends on 115 - I think). Which title exactly escapes me, but hopefully it will be cool.

Really? Hmmm... I hope he didn't sign an exclusive contract with Marvel. If so, I'll dearly miss him.

sinewave said:
Yeah, I really miss Phil on GA. I'm not impressed with the artists they've used since he left that title. I'd love to see him on the Flash, JSA or Teen Titans, also. I haven't read any of his work, but I might have to seek some out based on Elijya's recommendations.
they're not typical superhero fair. Deep Sleeper is kind of like the matrix, except with dreams, and it's actually good

The Atheist is about a special agent who is the world's ultimate skeptic, and can disprove anything. Pretty interesting

here're the ORT write-ups
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6568142&postcount=345
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6568144&postcount=346

Heres another creation of Hester from Image, Fire Breather
futurefirebreathercopy.jpg

13338_ful.jpg

sinewave said:
Really? Hmmm... I hope he didn't sign an exclusive contract with Marvel. If so, I'll dearly miss him.

I wouldn't think he would sign an exclusive. He's always been big on doing Independant work so I think he is just moving between companies.

He's doing covers for the next arc of Marvel Team-Up, that's all I know for sure

phil was at my favorite local comic shop (*plug* krypton comics :) ) today for free comic book day (along with sarah douglas from superman 2) and i got him to sketch an awesome pic of green arrow and black canary face-to-face. he's a really great guy! i just wanted to brag about that because it's my first piece of original artwork from one of my favorite artists. :)

now he's the artist for marvel's "The Irredeemable Ant-Man" written by Robert Kirkman

Spectre722 said:
now he's the artist for marvel's "The Irredeemable Ant-Man" written by Robert Kirkman

awesome!!!! is that seriously the title? if so, it's hillarious.

sinewave said:
phil was at my favorite local comic shop (*plug* krypton comics :) ) today for free comic book day (along with sarah douglas from superman 2) and i got him to sketch an awesome pic of green arrow and black canary face-to-face. he's a really great guy! i just wanted to brag about that because it's my first piece of original artwork from one of my favorite artists. :)
aww, lucky bastard.

Have you picked up any of his writing I recommended to you?

Elijya said:
aww, lucky bastard.

Have you picked up any of his writing I recommended to you?

no, i haven't. every time i find my self at the comic shop i can never remember any of the graphic novels i want to pick up. i really need to make a list.

no, but i'll add them to my list. i completely forgot about them. :(

Elijya WILL stay angry with you for over a year, dammit! READ THEM!

I'm working on it! I spend enough money on new comics, so I'll have to buy the trades (if they have them) when I can afford them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"