The Photography Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]303902[/split]

2. Man-Thing Registered

I thought it would be a neato idea, for us to have a thread just for photography... Anyway, I just took these about an hour ago, he's been living on my front door for about a week now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really have no idea what the ins and outs of photography are, I just try to take pictures of things I like.

BTW, the door frames paint was scraped off last weekend, and will be repainted tomorrow.:)

3. thalidomide The Enemy

LEE nice shots, you should do panning shots next.

evil are you a professional photographer?

I've been busy at work, I haven't had a chance to do some photography lately so I'll just post some of my old photos :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

lol that debatable. i work in a camera store where i run the instore studio and i'm hired as the odyssey arena's in house photographer hence why i get a lot of big name gigs

but if you speak to people like nipa( Northern Ireland Photographic Association) or the Royal Photographic Society i'm actually considered a beginner below a novice, because i have never been given any credentials from either of them. and they are the major governing bodies in the uk

5. LOBO3315a Artificial Intelligence

Well I don't know if he's a photographer, but I like his pictures! :)

6. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Pretty sky this past week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 Midnyte_Sun, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  7. thalidomide The Enemy

Hey Midnyte the last pic looks pretty great. I wish we have those kind of roads here in my country.

8. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. Thanks Thalidomide, love the Bokeh!

9. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Wow, nice fall colors on that moth lol.

10. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

New thread already!

My gf's uncle wanted his paintings taken, so I played around in his house with different backgrounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Alistair Eh? Custom Title?

Nice work guys! Man, I'm so behind on this...I guess that's what I get for getting salaried. Hahaha. I am now trying to get a few different people to shoot with, but we shall see if they pan out or not.

12. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Alistair congrats again on your promotion, and I hope to see some of your shots here soon :)

13. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

14. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

15. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Those are some damn nice shots.

16. JaD Thriller Night

It's nice to see this thread bumped :up:. On Saturday made a quick trip to this area my friend told me I would really enjoy in SF. It felt nice to get some shots after not having done any in a while. It was a great escape for the day. :woot:

These were some of my favorites :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. thalidomide The Enemy

the_ultimate_evil: Those are great shots!

JaD: I love the beach! Awesome shots btw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

TUE,

Great shots man. Did you take all those shots handheld or did you use a tripod or lighting for any of them?

JAD,

Superb coastline shots. I envy that kind of scenery.

Thalidomide,

As always, awesome compositions. Did you use any filters for that middle shot?

19. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

20. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

all handheld

21. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Love your play with lights, thalidomide.

22. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Got my first gig on Sunday, it's free, but I need the experience. Never taken pictures of groups of people, so I must do some study. Any tips anyone?

23. thalidomide The Enemy

Midnyte_Sun: My slr has a feature where you can edit pics right away. :) BTW that eagle shot is so stunning, I hope we have those here in my country.

Lunar_Wolf: thanks again :) it's great to have a photowalk with a bunch people who are also interested in photography because you can exchange ideas. My advise to you is just to enjoy the trip. :) Hope to see those pics soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

I'm the person with the least experience in this, but I've shot a few weddings for friends as favors, and the wide angle lens allows you to incorporate lots of people in one shot. Also bring a lens for portrait shots if you are doing any of a few people at a time or taking group photos.

If the event is not well lit or will be outside, make sure you have a good flash (more the better), maybe even using an umbrella stand, softbox, etc if you have one.

25. JaD Thriller Night

Thanks thal & Midnyte for the compliments, I love your nighttime shot as well, I remember nighttime photography being a nightmare (pun intended? Ha) the first time I tried it (even though some shots came out nice). I’d also love to get some shots of birds like that Midnyte. I like the bird with the Mohawk :hehe:

I’ve still got a lot to learn and would love to take classes someday. I’m also looking to finally upgrade my lens to a 55-250mm pretty soon for some more up close & personal shots of nature and all that jazz.

I don’t remember posting these here but these were from last year when I was taking classes in SF. Just hanging around the Embarcadero and Financial District on my lunch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, Lunar, cool that you got a gig. I’ve been asked to do photos of parties and such. I’ve done a graduation and birthday party. I still get nervous if people ask me but I think it’s much more stressful before in thinking about all that could go wrong. When you’re there you’ve got a lot of time to test out your settings and what kind of light you have to work with, etc. I’m sure you’ll do fine. I’d honestly be terrified in doing a wedding or something but that’s something to take an online tutorial or class for, I mean I don't have any experience with extra flashes or tripods yet anyways so I'd say I'm not qualified for the hardcore stuff :funny: Have fun with it!

As a sidenote; Keep an eye on any kids that might be there. Heh, I happen to love kids in general but with photography it’s even more special. Sometimes I get sidetracked from the task at hand but they can always bring out some great shots. A few shots from that grad party I mentioned,

[​IMG]