The Photography Thread - Part 1

okoDgX3.jpg

Dt68EBI.jpg

Wow great job everyone! Kane those kebabs look really good!

what are the rules in this thread about posting other peoples photos?

I've got a couple of myself taken by my father that I think are really good. is it okay to post them?

Thanks! The top two were taken from a factory roof. :D

So I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade my camera. I have a Canon EOS Rebel t3, which I got in 2013. It's only 12.2MP, and I'm considering a Canon Rebel t6i, which is 24MP. My question is, is it worth it?

My current camera works perfectly fine and gets the job done, but I've been a little dissatisfied with the overall quality and clarify of it for quite some time. However, as an alternative, I'm wondering if I should just settle for a new lens for a fraction of the cost.

I don't think Awesome comes close there Vartha.... wow.

Was stuck in a meeting last night looking at a glorious sunset, completely unable to walk over to the window and get a shot before it vanished :(

I can see what you mean by that image.... it's posed, lit & everything really bloody well, but the subject is quite tough to take in... plus I'm not a big fan of clowns either LOL

I can see what you mean by that image.... it's posed, lit & everything really bloody well, but the subject is quite tough to take in... plus I'm not a big fan of clowns either LOL

Lol yeah I'm still unsure about posting it and did take it down of my Instagram and tumblr at first because of the the comments were scary

Well here in the Northeast of the US, there have been a lot of reports in the past week of people dressing as clowns and attacking people, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

SJW's ruin all the fun. The same people talking about joker and harley as relationship goals when that's some **** the real joker would do :oldrazz:

So I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade my camera. I have a Canon EOS Rebel t3, which I got in 2013. It's only 12.2MP, and I'm considering a Canon Rebel t6i, which is 24MP. My question is, is it worth it?

My current camera works perfectly fine and gets the job done, but I've been a little dissatisfied with the overall quality and clarify of it for quite some time. However, as an alternative, I'm wondering if I should just settle for a new lens for a fraction of the cost.

It depends what you want to do. For regular photography and some video the T3i is good enough. MP's don't really matter to me. I'd be happy with a 8mp as long as it shot in good ISO and had plenty of focus points. If you are going to upgrade to another crop sensor like the T6, it will do everything the T3i could do but also autofocus on video and I believe (I might be mistaken) it has a touch screen. If you're willing to pay more for that, by all means go ahead.

I'm eventually going to make the conversion to Full Frame and have been avidly waiting for the 5D Mark IV, but the reviews are a little disappointing.

It depends what you want to do. For regular photography and some video the T3i is good enough. MP's don't really matter to me. I'd be happy with a 8mp as long as it shot in good ISO and had plenty of focus points. If you are going to upgrade to another crop sensor like the T6, it will do everything the T3i could do but also autofocus on video and I believe (I might be mistaken) it has a touch screen. If you're willing to pay more for that, by all means go ahead.

I'm eventually going to make the conversion to Full Frame and have been avidly waiting for the 5D Mark IV, but the reviews are a little disappointing.
Yeah, I opted to get a new 24mm f/2.8 lens instead for just $150, and I've been much more satisfied with that than I think I would've been with a new camera. I don't really do video, and since my current t3 is still in great condition, it really was hard for me to justify getting a new camera altogether. Maybe in a few months to a year, I might consider upgrading. With New York Comic Con approaching, it will be a great opportunity for me to assess what upgrades I should make next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"