The Pixies appreciation thread!

The Amazing Lee

Don't call me chicken!
Reaction score
Ok, so they aren't punk which is what I normally listen to but their music really captivates me and so far I own 3 of their albums.

Bossonova
Trompe Le Monde
and their greatest hits CD.

Anyone like this extraordinary band...if I had to define them as a genre it would be a mix between Grunge/Indie/Punk/Experimental.

:):D

bigpix.jpg

pixies-waveOfMutialtion.jpg

pixies.jpg

I love the pixies.

I loved them more in 1989!!!!!!

I keed, they're awesome, and I had a crush on Kim deal before she became a fatty boom-a-latty.

Where Is My Mind is in my top 10 favorite songs.

The Amazing Lee said:
Ok, so they aren't punk which is what I normally listen to but their music really captivates me and so far I own 3 of their albums.

Bossonova
Trompe Le Monde
and their greatest hits CD.

Anyone like this extraordinary band...if I had to define them as a genre it would be a mix between Grunge/Indie/Punk/Experimental.

:):D

You really should get Surfer Rosa and Dollittle, they are both stronger albums than Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde IMO.

And yes they are harder to define in terms of genre, They were more predecessors to grunge more than grunge itself, especially due to the large influence they had on Kurt Cobain and Nirvana. Cobain has stated that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was his failed attempt to write a Pixies song.

They are working on a new album at the moment that I believe is due out this year. They had one new song called "Bam Thwok" come out that was originally for the Shrek 2 soundtrack but was cut from the final track list. You can still get it on iTunes or a p2p though.

You should also check out the Pixies Sell Out DVD, it's a compilation of performances from their 2004 reunion concert series. It's really good.

Pixies are great. Their music is a genre all to its own.

Their music is relaxing but ina strange mystical way.

Black Francis owns you all muther****ers....

The Pixes play some of the best bass lines you'll ever hear.

There's no better song to end Fight Club than "where is my mind".

Equint77 said:

I thought it really tied th scene together with Marla and Jack holding hands, watching the world collapse around them

I have all the Pixies albums. They are awesome.

you know DMB.. your avatar makes me look at Britney totally different.. :(

As opposed to her pimple faced, cigarette smoking, hillbilly lifestyle she's been sporting the last few years. :(

Equint77 said:
you know DMB.. your avatar makes me look at Britney totally different.. :(

As opposed to her pimple faced, cigarette smoking, hillbilly lifestyle she's been sporting the last few years. :(

I've got another one of her smoking while wearing a trucker hat where she looks totally white trash. I love white trash girls. I grew up in rural Kentucky and have fond memories of good looking, stupid, redneck girls and the things I was able to convinve them to do.

DBM said:
I've got another one of her smoking while wearing a trucker hat where she looks totally white trash. I love white trash girls. I grew up in rural Kentucky and have fond memories of good looking, stupid, redneck girls and the things I was able to convinve them to do.

you should go back and wear a shirt that says "gettin lucky in Kentucky". :up: :up:

The Pixies is one of the few bands with integrity that have kept their integrity even after the spilt and subsequent reformation

they rule my world

I thought this thread was about pixie sticks.

I hate that *****.

they showed Legend last week and I spit on my TV everytime that c**t showed up onscreen.

Equint77 said:
I hate that *****.

they showed Legend last week and I spit on my TV everytime that c**t showed up onscreen.

YEAH, OONA IS ONE CREEPY LITTLE ****. :O

Equint77 said:

I got so psyk'd when I heard that song at the end of that movie in the theatre!

Equint77 said:
she looks like her p***y stinks. :(

SHE'S SO TINY, I WOULDN'T KNOW. :confused:

HEHE....THAT REMINDS ME OF THAT JOKE: "HAVE YOU EVER SMELLED MOTH BALLS?"....... :D

PLAS said:
The Pixies is one of the few bands with integrity that have kept their integrity even after the spilt and subsequent reformation

I agree. They're also one of the most innovative bands in years and they've influenced A LOT of bands with their sound.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"