Your Scene Sucks

^I think that one was trying to be Amy Winehouse, only more normal looking.

There are quite a few stereotypes missing from that site. I'm not sure if they're really "scenesters" (more like nerds), but they would be funny to see just the same....

1. Fat, bald Wiccan guy in utili-kilt

2. Chunky bearded Kevin Smith clone in hoodie

3. Renaissance-fest theater major goth girl in velvet

4. Chubby, anime-loving girl in bad cosplay with animal ears

The Wentz fan scared me the most.

I don't really fall into any of those categories tho but on Halloween I will go as the sex-crazed scene kid

They need one for the rockabilly/psychobilly scene. A la the Horrorpops, Nekromantix and Tiger Army.

Into: zombies, pinups and coffin basses.

Includes: greased hair, creeper shoes, western or bowling shirt and 'old school' tattoos.

Only "scenes" of white people? Where are the thugged out, baggy pants having, ghetto dwelling, pot smoke reeking, bad attitude having black gangsta wanna bes? Let's make this an equal opportunity personality bash fest! :woot:

Only "scenes" of white people? Where are the thugged out, baggy pants having, ghetto dwelling, pot smoke reeking, bad attitude having black gangsta wanna bes? Let's make this an equal opportunity personality bash fest! :woot:

They need Hip Hop Hipsters
6jo7pxg.jpg

^That's only one scene, and you either have black people that dress like that, or black people that dress casual. There's no big random scene for us. There are a handful that do the hipster thing, so it would be kind of a moot point.

Well, it could be argued that alot of those "scenes", goth, emo, etc, are actually the same thing, but with variations on clothing.

Funny and amusing but still way off and using heavy stereotypes. I know a few people that could fit into one or two of those groups and those joke cartoon pics for most are heavily exagerated. A couple aren't too off the mark though.

scene.jpg

he's the last of a dying breed. the prehistoric emo only emerges from the depths of his studio apartment when his favorite bands reunite for one last show- and even then, he shows no sign of enthusiasm whatsoever.

once an avid fan of the underground emo scene, he now cringes at the sight of today's batch of kids. he avoids mainstream media altogether, would rather listen to npr than podcasts and has no idea why anyone would panic at a disco. his favorite thrift stores are now raided by trend-hopping teens, making him resort to wearing the same vintage tees he has had for years.

he cries when he listens to pinkerton and spends days at a time organizing his vinyl collection. he refuses to join the kids on the current social networking sites as he finds them repulsive, yet seems to forget about the long since abandoned makeoutclub account he made years ago.

his casual-yet-somewhat dorky look has become the mainstream, and he is no longer identified as the emo king he once was. tear.

----

Make Prehistoric Emo a few shades darker and I think you may have me down pat. :o

yeah, this one's probably closest to my style, minus the glasses, bowl-cut, cuffs and sweater vest.

yeah, this one's probably closest to my style, minus the glasses, bowl-cut, cuffs and sweater vest.

well when you take away that stuff it leaves basically jeans and a t-shirt, which nearly everyone wears :woot:

well when you take away that stuff it leaves basically jeans and a t-shirt, which nearly everyone wears :woot:

I was thinking this as well lol:oldrazz:

But what a coincidence, I'm wearing chuck tailors and cuffed jeans right now.

The t-shirt and jeans is the staple of every kid. I only wear that if I'm around the house, I've gotten to the age where I prefer to wear an actual shirt when I go out though...unless it's sports related or I'm at a gym.

The t-shirt and jeans is the staple of every kid. I only wear that if I'm around the house, I've gotten to the age where I prefer to wear an actual shirt when I go out though...unless it's sports related or I'm at a gym.

Yeah but your american, you probabley wear a shirt with a t shirt underneath :oldrazz:

Do you guys still wear chinos. I remember I couldn't turn on a American TV show without some kid wearing chino's about 5 years ago.

Do you guys still wear chinos. I remember I couldn't turn on a American TV show without some kid wearing chino's about 5 years ago.

not me, but yeah, a lot of people wear them at work for "business casual" attire.

scene.jpg

here is “a message to you rudy”- give it up! although most of his favorite bands have ditched their brass sections for screaming and tight pants, the ska kid holds true to his checkered past.

there are still two-tone armies skanking the night away, though, to the tune of washed-up bands all across the united states. gone are the days when ska bands lived the high life in big-name clubs. nowadays, the ska kids flock to sweaty vfw halls and teen centers.

the rude boy was never good at any sports, so instead he opted to join the marching band which, incidentally, led to the formation of his own group. the band enjoyed their biggest success at a recent high school battle of the bands, where they showcased their originality by covering the reel big fish cover of a-ha’s “take on me”.

the majority of ska kid’s funds go towards the repair of his vespa, which he totalled after spilling his pez while speeding. someday the ska kid might be able to afford the fred perry and ben sherman gear he so covets, but for now the hawaiian shirts from goodwill will have to do.

this kid seems to have missed the memo about ska being dead; one can only assume he forgot to “pick it up!”

^ LOL! These guys are everwhere when ever I go to a ska concert, last one was ReeL Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto in NYC, and the only time I didnt see some dude wearing a fedora was when my eyes were closed...

Funny and amusing but still way off and using heavy stereotypes. I know a few people that could fit into one or two of those groups and those joke cartoon pics for most are heavily exagerated. A couple aren't too off the mark though.

Sounds like one of those hit a little too close to home...

Pretty much any woman under the age of 30 who has the body for it is wearing skinny jeans right now, so that doesn't really need to be pointed out.

I ran by the mall today after work...lo and behold as I walked past Hot Topic I could rattle off every cliche I saw on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"