The "Playset" thread

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
I need playsets dammit.....Needs em bad. So this here thread is where we can talk about various Playsets that are out there and what they go with (Though I imagine it will be mostly ML centric)

Current Playets that are out there.

The Spider-man Alleyway Playset

h2_tb70056.jpg

The TNMT Van

Well I can't find a pic but yu all know what it is...with a little work it's a killer PunisherVan. There is also this one

front.jpg

X-men Lady Liberty

liberty_playset.jpg

The Buffy Libary (That's how I say it)

BTVSLibrary.jpg

The Matrix Chateau

matrix1_chateau.jpg

Muppets

300px-Swinetrekplayset.jpg

kitchena.jpg

electricmeyhem.jpg

lab.jpg

backstage_000.jpg

Now I don't know about y'all, but the Muppet ones...while Awesome as hell and detailed to the Nizines but they (as well as the Libary) are a little less then Dynamic.

What else is there out there for me to buy?

There haven't been many great playsets since the 80's. Most retailers don't want to use up the space for huge boxes. But I do miss a good playset. For instance, the pee wee playhouse playset:
5.jpg

The Ninja Turtles Playset:
sewer.jpg

And GI Joe was a friggin god of playsets or oversized vehicles to rock out to:

rollingopenfront.jpg

flagg_box.jpg

(Look in the lower right corner of this picture, you can see how big the aircraft carrier is compared to the kids)

hq_front.jpg

Oh yeah...The 80s Playets were da Bomb....

I't just a shame they are too small for today....I once dug out the old Sewer playset but it didn't fit....I bet I could rig up the top of it though......hmmmm

Luckily GI Joe stuff still fits GI Joes (not the lameass sigma six crap).

Damn, if I could take a time machine to any time period and relive it, I'd go back to 83 or 84 and go from there. What a time to be a kid. Sure, some of the toys were crap, but they were still better.

And alot more fun to just let your imagination run wild.

:(

Kid accross the Street from me way back when had an AT-AT....and then last year when they put one out again I found it realy hard not to get one....even if it was $80 or so....It was just 80s nostalgia...but I really wanted that AT-At

hq_front.jpg

I want this in a 1:12 scale man...Reallly bad. This thing just screams Secret Wars Villain Stronghold

Looks like us old ash kids are just gonna have to suck it up and make our own playsets.

I think McFarlane should do something Huge....He seems to be the only maker that knows about the Adult fans with the real money

It's not too hard to build something like that...I just wish we were all in the same area to work on it together. Alone, I suck at this stuff.

Geeze rough, weren't you going to be build a giant frickin city playset in your basement?? WTF happened to that?

I'm going to actually finish the basement first.

Then maybe someday I might do something.

I was actually thinking of doing something with a trainset, but I was thinking...how cool would it be if I has a 1:12 scale train set.......Though that would be absolutely Huge.

Why not do something like Waiting does with his Marvellegends.net display?

i'd do a city.. but if i did one it would be pretty small... and flat.. displays that are huge like a train play set.. i think would be tooo spread out from character to character.. and harder to view then one you can look at from one angle.. but thats just me?

in a dream world.. i'd have a few X-men scenes (astonishing vs ord and danger in the mansion, subbasemen, or ruins of Genosha, Jim lee in city/sentinel rubble vs brotherhood, X-factor vs giant apocalypse, cable and dead pool.. ummm somewhere)

some sort of city battles with spidey, a wearhouse for bullseye, kinpin, dd, elektra etc... and something with the entire avengers...

o and i'd do something with ff as well... and i'd prob add ghostrider figs to my marvel monsters and mystics and misc display if i had room

Why not do something like Waiting does with his Marvellegends.net display?

i like that, but he doesnt do alot of action based scenes.. just kind the "stand the and look pretty" i especially hate his villains.. and how there just standing and looming over top, love his iron man armory though

i like that, but he doesnt do alot of action based scenes.. just kind the "stand the and look pretty" i especially hate his villains.. and how there just standing and looming over top, love his iron man armory though

Well, I'm sure he's conserving space for the sake of getting everyone in. The display alone makes up for a lack of dynamic posing, which he doesn't even need to use. It's really just displaying the characters and the product, not really a specific scene.

To each their own. I try to do a little of both with my limited space and patience.

I plan on doing a city or battle ravaged section but for my Showdown figures and the Sentinels. Unless all the stuff I find is more inline for 6" figs which then I'll have no choice. :(

That's why a Whole City is imperitive.

There are like 150 different characters MLized......X-men vis the Sentinels in one part of the city the avengers taking on the Masters of Evil in the park, the F4 vs Doom in a McDonalds. Spidey swinging High in battle with the Goblin.......

Anyway the sad thing is the easy way to go about this is Dollhouses....and well.....Dollhouses just aren't all that cool looking....But maybe after a dollhouse kit or two I will learn more ho to do stuff....

But I need to do my basement first....But once I do I have an area planned for the large city scene.

I had some cool Ninja Turtle playsets back in the day. The figures were extremely tiny, and each there were different scene sets that you could buy, such as a pizza parlor, a street, the Turtle lair, and I think the other one I had was a lair for the foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"