The Plot

Juggernaut33

Civilian
Reaction score
Using David Benioff's draft and what I have seen in trailer, I tried to figure out the actual plot of the film. Some elements are vague but let me know what you tought about it...

Sorry if the whole thing isn't that well written. English not being my first language.

The story begins during the Vietnam war. Logan and Victor Creed are sentenced to death for decapitating a superior officer. Of course, the firing squad doesn’t do a thing since they are mutants that can heal automatically. William Stryker becomes aware of them and visit them in their cell. He proposes them to become part of his ‘special’ team, the Team X. Logan and Creed agree and join the group composed of Wade Wilson, Kayla Silverfox, David North and John Wraith. Their first mission doesn’t go well. A lot of innocent people are killed. They are stopped by a group of young mutants (the young X-Men if you will). The press is starting to investigate the event. Logan has moral issues with what happened. Stryker has to break the team.

15 years later, Creed escapes from prison, steals the list of all the mutants in the US and starts to kill them. Logan has moved on. He lives a decent life with Kayla Silverfox. At one point Kayla tells Logan the story of the moon and the Wolverine. How the Wolverine was tricked by someone because he wanted the moon to love him even more. The Wolverine goes on earth to pick up a special fower of his lover. Once on earth, he can’t go back with the moon and doesn’t remember anything. The moon is since calling for him but he can’t hear her. The next day Stryker and North visit Logan and ask him to join their group again in order to stop Creed. Logan doesn’t give a **** until of course, Creed finds Kayla and kills her. Logan puts up a bar fight with Creed. His bone claws aren’t strong enough and Creed beats the crap out of Logan. Leaving him for dead. William Stryker offers Logan to be part of a special experiment that will make him stronger and will allow him to get revenge on Creed. Wolverine becomes part of the Weapon X program. His bones are covered with adamantium. After the operation is completed, Logan goes beserk (as he often does), kills the medical staff and runs away. He finds a shelter with the Hustons’ farm. Unfortunatly, David North and his team find Logan. They kill the Hutsons. Logan escapes on a motorcycle that belonged to the Hustons. A big chase starts between Wolverine and David North. Their vehicules crashes. Logan kills North and says to Stryker (over the phone) that he won’t work for him anymore and will go after Creed. Weapon X is out of control. Creed continuse to kill more people. Logan reconnects with John Wraith who has become a boxe manager. His champion is Frederick J. Dukes aka the Blob. Logan and Wraith talk about Creed and where he can be found. Kestrel talks about one of Creed’s acomplice named Remy LeBeau (who is a thief and where he can find him. Meanwhile, Stryker starts to work on the Weapon XI program and his forced to kill his superior for that.

Logan finds Gambit and wants to question him. LeBeau puts up a huge fight with him. In the end, Remy tells him that Creed didn’t escape, the gouvernement released him. Somebody is lying to Logan. At the same time, Creed kills John Wraith. Logan gets back to Canada where his operation took place and waits for one of the surgeon at her house. She explains to him that he was the tenth weapon. She then helps Logan to sneak inside the base where the Weapon + program is taking place. Wolverine finds out that his former partners have all become part of the experiment. Wade Wilson has become Deadpool. Logan discovers that Stryker has been cloning the Team X (that would explain why in the trailer, we can see the young Logan frozen) and plans to use those clones as weapons. Stryker is also keeping some of the mutants that Creed has « killed » (he actually abducted them) for his experiment. Wolverine is caught and sentenced to death. He finds out that Kayla is actually alive, she was working for Stryker all along. One of her power is to make people do what she wants them to. In this case, she convinced Logan that he loved her so that he would stay with her and Stryker would be able to keep an eye on Logan. Wolverine escapes with the help of Kayla who has a last second change of heart. Wolverine fights Creed and cut his head off. He then frees all the mutants that Stryker has been holding captive. When he attempts to destroy all the clones. Stryker introduce the Weapon XI and Deadpool who fight Wolverine. Logan manages to kill Weapon XI and destroy the clone by making the whole room fall apart. Deadpool manage to escape and it is unknown wether some of the clones have been completly destroyed or not (especially Victor Creed’s clone ;-))

Wolverine and Kayla escape from the base. Kayla wants to say to Logan that she loves him but Stryker shows up and puts an adamantium bullets in Kayla’s stomach and then puts one in Logan’s head. Kayla uses her power to make Stryker puts the gun in his mouth but she thinks that enough people have been killed and she spares Stryker. Before drying she finds a piece of paper and write something with her own blood. She puts it Logan’s pocket and disappear into the lake. When Wolverine wakes up, he doesn’t remember anything. He finds the paper where is written « you are my Wolverine ».
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Very very very sad times.... seems Gambit is only in it for less than 1 minute!

Very very very sad times.... seems Gambit is only in it for less than 1 minute!

Well, I can't find any more room for him. If we get a good interaction between him and Wolverine AND a great fight sequence, it could be satisfying. Keep in mind that Kitsch is under contract for 3 films so I'm sure you will see more Gambit in an X-Men: First Class film. He is just introduced in "Origins".

The ending seems to be close to the script, since the Comic Con trailer shows
a brief glimpse of Logan holding Kayla by the lake. It's such a depressing scene. I hope Kayla doesn't kill herself though. Maybe she can breathe underwater =/

I think you made a good possible summary of the film. We'll see how close it is :up:

Their first mission doesn’t go well. A lot of innocent people are killed. They are stopped by a group of young mutants (the young X-Men if you will).

I'm guessing this is when Scott and Emma make an appearance.

I repeat, this is not the official plot of the film. I tried to put it together based on Benioff's script and the trailer but this is NOT the official plot by any means. I wrote that in my first post.

It sounds good, but I want DeadPool and Gambit to have big parts.

Update

I'm currently rewriting the story to make it feel closer to what we've seen and what we've learned.

I've find a way to make Gambit's part bigger as well as Deadpool's part. That will involve Gambit being part of the Weapon + program and being also part of a group of mercenaries that Stryker hires to find Weapon X and bring him back home. Let's say that Gambit ends up being pretty heroic, so to speak.

I'll be posting my second "draft" soon.

Update

I'm currently rewriting the story to make it feel closer to what we've seen and what we've learned.

I've find a way to make Gambit's part bigger as well as Deadpool's part. That will involve Gambit being part of the Weapon + program and being also part of a group of mercenaries that Stryker hires to find Weapon X and bring him back home. Let's say that Gambit ends up being pretty heroic, so to speak.

I'll be posting my second "draft" soon.

Ah, can't wait. While I'd love to see Gambit get the kind of screen time you're referencing here... I feel your first hypothesis will be more dead on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"