The Political Lounge: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Lounginess

Status
Not open for further replies.
No....pure laziness....

They also use to ask "is this for a grade".....my answer: "It is now...."

Oh I see, this ******* from Kentucky just wants to "Help his constituents get off drugs". Cocaine, heroin etc. I'd agree with. I don't think there is anything wrong with people using marijuana. It's no different from enjoying a beer, I think people should have every right to. You want to talk about government tyranny, Hype libertarians, the government telling people they can't smoke marijuana is that. If you don't support legalization, I'll frankly find any of your other arguments about "personal liberty" exceedingly difficult to take seriously.

I'm doubtful you take any of their arguments seriously anyway...just a feeling I get...lol

I don't deify anyone, you can't be an Objectivist without canonizing Rand.

I could be considered a Neo-objectivist, but I think I've come to prefer to identify myself simply as a Taoist.

Then cannonize her already. Her bones probably would fit in a 32 pounder. Loader and fire away! ;)

Oh I see, this ******* from Kentucky just wants to "Help his constituents get off drugs". Cocaine, heroin etc. I'd agree with. I don't think there is anything wrong with people using marijuana. It's no different from enjoying a beer, I think people should have every right to. You want to talk about government tyranny, Hype libertarians, the government telling people they can't smoke marijuana is that. If you don't support legalization, I'll frankly find any of your other arguments about "personal liberty" exceedingly difficult to take seriously.

I agree about marijuana, but the law, as it stands now has it as a controlled substance. And in the case of state assistance, the state should be able to set conditions to receive that money.

I'm doubtful you take any of their arguments seriously anyway...just a feeling I get...lol

You're right, that was a bit disingenuous of me. :cwink::p

Then cannonize her already. Her bones probably would fit in a 32 pounder. Loader and fire away! ;)

If it were almost any other "human being" I wouldn't ever be this mean but in the case of Rand all I have to say is: thank God for lung cancer.

Can you explain your statement? I believe she was a real living breathing human. Why would you want to thank God for Lung Cancer and her obvious suffering? That is pretty disgusting.

Can you explain your statement? I believe she was a real living breathing human. Why would you want to thank God for Lung Cancer and her obvious suffering? That is pretty disgusting.

She was a Social Darwinist that wished hardship and suffering upon the working poor because they "deserved it". Good riddance to bad garbage IMO.

edit: Hey, using her own type of reasoning...she made her choices by choosing to be a heavy smoker. Personal responsibility. :up: :D

If you think that was her reasoning, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. She didn't wish suffering on anyone, but wanted all to realize their potential as a human being.

If you think that was her reasoning, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. She didn't wish suffering on anyone, but wanted all to realize their potential as a human being.

Not everyone can be in the parade. Some people have to sit on the curb and clap. And you accuse ME of being unrealistic and having Utopian visions? It's not possible for everyone to be successful. You're always going to have poor people.

"The world needs ditch diggers, too, son."

Poverty is a state of mind and a choice. One can be impoverished, make millions and be in poverty again in a minute. Choice is all we have. No one is destined to be poor just and no one is destined to be rich. There is no such thing as Wealth Classes, it is completely fluid.

Not everyone can be in the parade. Some people have to sit on the curb and clap. And you accuse ME of being unrealistic and having Utopian visions? It's not possible for everyone to be successful. You're always going to have poor people.

"The world needs ditch diggers, too, son."

That I agree with you on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"