The politically incorrect thread

Whirlysplat

Superhero
Reaction score
"Political Correctness" is constantly changing, based on how much the "politically correct" people think they can get away with. The way things are going, the following "politically correct" policies will be introduced in the near future:

Making motor vehicles illegal unless you can demonstrate to a public servant that you have a "need" for a vehicle, since vehicles produce "greenhouse gases", and we are obligated by an international treaty to reduce "greenhouse gases".

Making pedophilia legal, since it is already legal for homosexuals to adopt children, which violates the right of children to be brought up as normal people, and since many of the political activists who promote "Political Correctness" are pedophiles.

I say let's stop all this polical correctness and give more people guns so we can deal with this future horde of pedophiles.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I think political correctness is often a bunch of nonsense made up by self righteous buffoons who are far too easily offended for their own good. There are some cases in which I agree with it, but for the most part, it's nonsense.

Just my two cents here...

In my opinion, political correctness is ultimately the result of one thing: the absence of absolute truth. Now, before you all start quoting "Episode III", you should know that's one line I have a notable problem with. Not only is it nonsense in terms of Lucas' story (one side fighting the other, both totally convinced they're right), it also implies that all truth is relative...or, as we've popularly come to put it, "That may be true for you, but that's not true for me." So many people get belief and truth confused, and I think that's what lies at the heart of political correctness: mankind trying to stretch and/or abolish all boundaries, one at a time. I sometimes wonder, "Did it ever occur to folks that some rules weren't made to be broken?"

"Political Correctness" is constantly changing, based on how much the "politically correct" people think they can get away with. The way things are going, the following "politically correct" policies will be introduced in the near future:

Making motor vehicles illegal unless you can demonstrate to a public servant that you have a "need" for a vehicle, since vehicles produce "greenhouse gases", and we are obligated by an international treaty to reduce "greenhouse gases".

Making pedophilia legal, since it is already legal for homosexuals to adopt children, which violates the right of children to be brought up as normal people, and since many of the political activists who promote "Political Correctness" are pedophiles.

I say let's stop all this polical correctness and give more people guns so we can deal with this future horde of pedophiles.

WTF?

Good job stopping political correctness and replacing it with bigotry and ignorance. Just because you're not being politically correct doesn't mean you get to be a total *****ebag either.

I hate it when people assume that absence political correctness must mean the presence of being a jerk.

I'm all about avoiding overt and unnecessary political correctness but you don't have to be mean to that.

WTF are you talking about?
Admitedly I'm not well versed in political correctness, yet I'm highly doubting that the doogooders who are being a pain in the ass about it are pedophiles.

Anyways being p.c. is a bunch of ********, there is a lot of duplicity ingrained in it. Like employers who work inherently racist protocols in their business, but in a bureaucratic way... But would obviously never so crass as to use the N word.

I think when people start suing because they feel someone else made them fat or feel bad...PCness is out of hand

Hahaha, do you even know what political correctness is?

they changed the color of Lego people from yellow to white because "there is no such thing as yellow people" or they're just in denial of their existence hence possibly racist.. :wow:

they changed the color of Lego people from yellow to white because "there is no such thing as yellow people" or they're just in denial of their existence hence possibly racist.. :wow:

have they seriously done that?

lego people are yellow damnit!!:cmad: i don;t want a pink han solo or whatnot...my older lego is yellow so i want it to be the same as it was:cmad:

aslo you're missing an "s" from indiana jones in your sig...

What?
This is a joke right?

have they seriously done that?

lego people are yellow damnit!!:cmad: i don;t want a pink han solo or whatnot...my older lego is yellow so i want it to be the same as it was:cmad:

With movie based Legos like Batman, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and Spider-Man 2 (they didn't get a license for 3) had flesh tone.

Lego's original lines still use yellow people.

angry_homer_simpson.jpg

With movie based Legos like Batman, Harry Potter, and Spider-Man 2 (they didn't get a license for 3) had flesh tone.

Lego's original lines still use yellow people.

but all my old star wars legos are yellow...they don't match:csad:

If Caucasians are white
And Africans are black
And Latinos and Chicanos are brown
Aren't Asians yellow?

Actually Asians are not yellow....it's kind of a tan skin tone

If Caucasians are white
And Africans are black
And Latinos and Chicanos are brown
Aren't Asians yellow?
I always found it hilarious that white people on The Simpsons are yellow, but Asians are always colored white.

What really bugs me is when Political Correctness crosses over into things like standup comedy. It irks me that people like Don Rickesl, Redd Foxx, The Rat Pack, etc. would not be socialy accpetable today simply ecause of their humor, whcih in reality was all in good natured fun and if anything was meant to to point out the rediculousnous of stereptyping and racism. The same with Blazing Saddles and how it couldn't bemade today. I also get irritated when people ***** about male comedians making fun of women but women comedians can still get a free pass when they bash men.

The Chairman said:
I also get irritated when people ***** about male comedians making fun of women but women comedians can still get a free pass when they bash men.
I personally don't believe that any person should intentionally "bash" another, especially just for the sake of comedy. Over the years, I've grown rather "fed up" with the majority of comedians, especially those who swear every other word. I believe people can be just as funny without cussing, but it does (admittedly) take more work.

Foul language may get a quick or "cheap" laugh from audiences, but that's all it'll be. I think the best way to make people laugh is to point out the humor in everyday situations, rather than "cussing up a storm" or being deliberately controversial in your material. If you want to make people laugh for a living, that's one thing...but if you just want atention, there's lots of ways to do it without irritating or angering half your audience.

Oh, go listen to Brian Regan. I'll take both irritating language AND observational humor.

*pops in Chris Rock CD*

This post is total horse ****.

No one is advocating making motor vehicles illegal. Most people recognize that most people need their vehicle; what experts want are cars which are more fuel efficient and run on alternative energies, not oil. And it is less about carbon emissions [which are a huge problem, make no mistake about it] and more about our dependency on oil, which is a non-renewable resource which is dwindling in supply.

Children brought up in homosexual relationships turn out just as normal as any child brought up in a heterosexual relationship. NO ONE believes that pedophilia should be legal, and the fact that you have drawn a connection between gay adoption rights and child molestation makes me sick.

Moreover, saying that people who advocate political correctness are pedophiles proves how much of a child you are. Even if you aren't being serious, you have crossed a line.

Last edited:
I personally don't believe that any person should intentionally "bash" another, especially just for the sake of comedy. Over the years, I've grown rather "fed up" with the majority of comedians, especially those who swear every other word. I believe people can be just as funny without cussing, but it does (admittedly) take more work.

Foul language may get a quick or "cheap" laugh from audiences, but that's all it'll be. I think the best way to make people laugh is to point out the humor in everyday situations, rather than "cussing up a storm" or being deliberately controversial in your material. If you want to make people laugh for a living, that's one thing...but if you just want atention, there's lots of ways to do it without irritating or angering half your audience.

Perhaps bashing isn't right the word. I'm just saying if women were to do observational humor aboout men's stereotypical flaws, it would be socially acceptable, but if men were to do the same to women, they'd be labelled misogynist. I hate double standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"