Falcon and Winter Soldier The Power Broker is...?

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Deck Rickard, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Asharad Registered

That's pretty spoilery if like me you aren't a Marvel expert.

2. DGMC Registered

3. Arrow1987 Registered

Sharon Carter

4. djsunyc Registered

ok - changing my prediction.

there is no individual named the power broker. it's a fake entity that's run by some group.

5. Dr. Evil Registered

The theory that

It's the CIA and that Sharon is still working for them and her role is a cover.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  6. steamed hams Registered

7. Schlosser85 Registered

There’s a lot of speculation they might change The Power Broker to be Thaddeus Ross. And of course there’s some suspicion of Sharon.

8. Dr. Evil Registered

John Campea on his Episode 3 spoiler review said that he doubted Ross is Power Broker because he's a true blue American, proud of the Red, White and Blue and that it would not fit his M.O.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  9. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Yeah, I think if it was Ross he would have shown up here by now. Also, aside from TIH (which no one really remembers or cares much about) Ross hasn’t been portrayed as a villain. Even in Civil War, his actions (depending on what side you’re on) could be seen as justifiable. I don’t think they’re going to go the “bad guy” route with him. Though maybe that could change with Black Widow.

10. Dr. Evil Registered

That leads me to believe that if he does become Red Hulk and he had to choose between aligning with the Avengers and not when it comes to another Alien attack, he would choose the Avengers if it meant preserving his legacy as a decorated US General and War hero. If he's Red Hulk, he's not going to throw his legacy away by going against the Avengers in the case of another alien attack. He has way too much pride to sit on the sidelines of another alien attack, especially if he becomes Red Hulk. If he becomes Red Hulk, he will align himself with the Avengers in case of another alien attack.

Yes, William Hurt is 71, but if Michael Douglas at 76 can wear a superhero suit entering the Quantum Realm, Hurt as Red Hulk is not impossible.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  11. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

True but if he becomes Red Hulk, will the Hulk have a mustache? That would look so silly lol.

12. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Honestly with only 2 episodes left, I don't see the Power Broker being a character like Ross, the Mandarin, or whoever. It's gonna be someone that has already appeared on this show. And while I don't want it to be Sharon, she seems the most likely at this point.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  13. Dr. Evil Registered

The more I think about it, the more I see the Power Broker being some sort of CIA cover.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  14. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

And that could very well be it as well and I'd be fine with that. Though it would be weird to think that if the Power Broker is just a cover for the CIA, would that mean that they are in charge/control Madripoor?

15. Dr. Evil Registered

I think so. I do have a theory on this one. Sharon was on the run and that is true, but I think she made a deal with the CIA that if she works with them in Madripoor, she would be pardoned of all charges and that her being a shady art dealer was just a cover and that Sam and Bucky almost ruined her cover.

Venom 1988 and Deck Rickard like this.
  16. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

That is a pretty solid theory. And in the comics, the PB is actually the name of the organization and not just one guy, right? So it would sorta fit.

Sharon’s involvement would also explain why she stayed outside while the rest of the group went in and talked to Nagel.

Kev4000 and Venom 1988 like this.
  17. Dr. Evil Registered

Her actions in today's episode just added to my theory.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  18. ComicChick I Work Too Much

I was thinking it was the guy who introduced Walker as the new Cap.
    Didn’t he tell Sam that he was doing the right thing by donating the shield in episode 1? I might have to back and rewatch that scene

19. Albright No more…Krasinski

Mephisto or “an actor with whom Anthony Mackie always wanted to work with”
    Maybe he’ll be that aerospace engineer...

20. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

So if the mystery actor in episode 5 is the Power Broker, then it’s definitely someone we haven’t seen before and is a “well-known actor.” Also, it’s a character who is grounded and apparently doesn’t have powers.

So then, it could be anyone who hasn’t been in a Marvel movie really. But... this may be a bit of misdirection here. The mystery actor might not be the PB. It’s possible that whoever this cameo turns out to be, it’s someone entirely different.

If it is this secret actor, I worry that the big PB reveal will bank on this actor’s stardom. If that’s the case, it would probably be a bit of a letdown for me because revealing your mystery villain to be someone that hasn’t even been seen yet feels kinda cheap, and if you’re relying on everyone to be “wowed” because “Ooooh, look at this big name actor,” that’s even cheaper. That said, we’ll see how it all works out.

21. djsunyc Registered

spellman said it will make you cry so i don't think it's the powerbroker.

22. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Are you sure? I just re-read the piece and I took it to mean that the episode will make you cry - not necessarily the appearance by this mystery actor.

djsunyc likes this.
  23. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Ross was *absolutely* portrayed as a villain in Civil War. Not only was he the front man for an attempt to unethically conscript the Avengers, but he sent subordinate minions with illegal "kill on sight" orders to what any reasonable person *would* have known to be their own deaths. He also practically showed glee at the opportunity to lock up superheroes. Dude was a villain, if anything even more villainous than in TIH.

24. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Maybe the Power Broker is Power Man. He rules his organisation with an iron fist.

25. LoganPool Fear is Not My Guide

Here's a crazy theory for ya... what if Sam's sister, Sarah, is the Power Broker? The boat fiasco could be a front. I mean, she conveniently called Sam and gave his cover away, just as Selby was about to give them Nagel's location. Then, in this most recent episode, Kari miraculously gets her phone number. The Power Broker already wanted her dead. What if she just unknowingly threatened the Power Broker directly?

I know it's crazy. I give it less than a 1% chance of happening. But what a twist it would be.