• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Predator Vs. The Terminator

Well the terminator was blowen in half by a pipe bomb and Predators plasma canon is about 10,000x more powerful then a pipe bomb. That and the terminator was defeated by 2 humans, 1 of which was just a scared woman (hey thats what sarah connor was in the first movie) and a soldier who was good but he wasn't the best soldier in the world. So I think one of the greatest hunters in the universe could take him.

livrule said:
Would a T-1000 generate any heat ??

If not then it would easily defeat the Pred ... simply due to its heat based vision.

As for the T-800 I think the Pred would win that one due to its superior speed and fire power.

I'm guessing you've never played the AvP computer games. Preds don't give off heat signatures, they can only be detected in the normal spectrum, ultraviolet spectrum, or by pheromones.

Asr said:
I'm guessing you've never played the AvP computer games. Preds don't give off heat signatures, they can only be detected in the normal spectrum, ultraviolet spectrum, or by pheromones.

Ummmmmmmm, ok.

I was actually wondering if a T-1000 generates heat.

Because it if does not then surely the Pred would have problems dealing with the liquid-metal man?

Danger Mouse said:
In combat, the Predators employ a more stealth-like strategy which, in my opinion, gives them the upper hand. And they're more agile than the T-800s. Given those circumstances, the Predators would win.

But if you're talking hand-to-hand combat, the T-800s are machines. Strong machines with inhuman strength, undepleting stamina and a helluva tough endoskeleton with the insane ability to absorb blows. Predators, while having great strength and agility, are still flesh and blood. The Terminators would win.

This is the kind of a thing I like to imagine a person saying in real life.

It depends. If you're talking about a T-800, then one shot from the good ol' plasma caster and it's game over. A win for the predator.

If it's a T-1000, I'd be more inclined to give it to the terminator, because the only way I see the Predator taking out the T-1000 is with the suicide bomb, and I wouldn't count that as a win for either.

livrule said:
Would a T-1000 generate any heat ??

If not then it would easily defeat the Pred ... simply due to its heat based vision.

As for the T-800 I think the Pred would win that one due to its superior speed and fire power.
livrule said:
Ummmmmmmm, ok.

I was actually wondering if a T-1000 generates heat.

Because it if does not then surely the Pred would have problems dealing with the liquid-metal man?
Do Predators really see in heat-vision or is that a function of the helmets? With helmets off, do they see in normal spectrum like humans do?

Danger Mouse said:
Do Predators really see in heat-vision or is that a function of the helmets? With helmets off, do they see in normal spectrum like humans do?

"Predator" established that without the mask, a Pred sees in infrared.

All other vision modes are a function of the helmet (including the "thermal" one that's featured throughout P1 and P2), as seen in Predator 2, and the AvP computer games.

Dutch would beat them both

Im more interested in which was the better movie in you guys opinion.

I'd say Predator is just as good if not better than the Terminator.
But T2 is better than the both of them.

As a franchise I'd say the Terminator franchise is superior, based on Predator 2 (Decent movie) and AVP (Another decent one, should have been R)

Asr said:
"Predator" established that without the mask, a Pred sees in infrared.
Really? When was that? The only time he took off his helmet was at the end of the movie during the hand-to-hand fight. And, during that time, we never got to see his point of view, if I recall correctly.

Danger Mouse said:
Really? When was that? The only time he took off his helmet was at the end of the movie during the hand-to-hand fight. And, during that time, we never got to see his point of view, if I recall correctly.
No I think we did.

U.S War Machine said:
Predator 2 is rated R though

But AVP isn't.
And because of that we didn't get the "ugly mother****er" line

To answer livrule's question, though, I don't think a Predator's thermal vision would put him at a disadvantage if a T-1000 does not generate any heat.

In the movie Aliens, it was established that the aliens are not visible using thermal vision, as a squad of human marines using infra-red scopes was taken completely by surprise when they attacked. Yet, in AvP, the Predators were able to detect the aliens. It appeared that the Predators had multiple vision modes, and the two they used primarily are the thermal vision for tracking humans and an "alien vision" to detect the cold-blooded aliens.

Applying the same technology, I think the visual spectrums in the helmets may be adjusted to see the T-1000s.

Stringer said:
Dutch would beat them both

Im more interested in which was the better movie in you guys opinion.
Terminator is a very cool movie but it just doesnt compare to the awesomeness that is Predator. The concept is just as strong as Terminator but the execution is much better. The way the Predator is portrayed is note perfect.

blind_fury said:
Terminator is a very cool movie but it just doesnt compare to the awesomeness that is Predator. :up:
I am in agreement whole-heartedly. :up:

Going back to the original question, I was going to come in here and say that if a human could beat the Terminator, then a Predator should have no problem. However, I remembered the last Pred (AVP doesn't count :o ) got taken out by Danny Glover :-/. I'd still my money on the Predator though.

Terminator is twice the movie that Predator, or Terminator 2 is.

Terminator > T2 > Predator > Predator 2

Don't get me starte on AVP or T3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"