The Psylocke/Elizabeth Braddock Thread

Reaction score
I want to see her in Marvel Studios' X-Men right away as a X-Woman.

Last edited:
Yeah I definitely think Betsy would work best when introduced as a supporting character or co-lead in Captain Britain first.

Last edited:
Olivia Munn had a good look for Psylocke (certainly better than that X3 attempt!). I had wanted Gemma Chan but she’s already appeared in 2 different roles now.

Olivia Munn had a good look for Psylocke (certainly better than that X3 attempt!). I had wanted Gemma Chan but she’s already appeared in 2 different roles now.
I think Sonoya Mizuno would be a great choice. She has a great look, is both English and Japanese, is a very physical actor with a background in dance, and is currently on the rise (most recently in House of the Dragon) but not yet a total household name.
Sonoya-Mizuno-42.jpg

Gemma Chan would've been perfect visually, but after seeing her performance as Sersi I'm okay with someone else

Do we think they go the House of X route and have Betsy and Psylocke as separate characters?
That would avoid them having to find a British Asian actress (cuz god forbid someone non-British puts on an English accent, lol)

That would avoid them having to find a British Asian actress (cuz god forbid someone non-British puts on an English accent, lol)
Why'd they have to avoid that? Why not just cast a British Asian actress like Sonoya Mizuno?

Opening up the casting pool isn't a bad thing
Why stick with a British actress when you could cast from anywhere
Mizuno could be good, or she could be a poor fit. Maybe an American actress can do the role better

Opening up the casting pool isn't a bad thing
Why stick with a British actress when you could cast from anywhere
Mizuno could be good, or she could be a poor fit. Maybe an American actress can do the role better
I'm fine with having both Betsy and Kwannon and having Kwannon be fully Japanese with an actress of whatever nationality, but I think I'd prefer if Betsy is English (and integrated in Captain Britain stuff) as well as the original Psylocke before Kwannon.

Well yeah, Betsy should be a brit, and should be Psylocke before Kwannon takes the name. But the body swapping stuff is mostly what I'm sure the MCU would like to avoid

Well yeah, Betsy should be a brit, and should be Psylocke before Kwannon takes the name. But the body swapping stuff is mostly what I'm sure the MCU would like to avoid
Oh agreed. I just think that it wouldn't be that hard to have an Asian or half-Asian Betsy and also have Kwannon without any bodyswapping. Given how Betsy had a Japanese body and relied on some Japanese cultural signifiers for the longest time I think it'd be good to have Betsy not just be a white woman. Let the Braddocks be half siblings or something.

I think Sonoya Mizuno would be a great choice. She has a great look, is both English and Japanese, is a very physical actor with a background in dance, and is currently on the rise (most recently in House of the Dragon) but not yet a total household name.
Sonoya-Mizuno-42.jpg
Yeah she could be great. I love that she’s both English and Japanese. Makes it a nice match, even if that isn’t essential. I don’t think we necessarily need household names for the X-Men. Would be good getting a few that are known but there’s a lot of great up and coming talent that could play these roles for many years and not be too expensive at the outset. I want whoever is picked to be open to multiple different projects across shows and films and for a very long time, and the top levels of Hollywood are much less flexible on that.

Olivia Munn was wasted as Psylocke. Oh well.

I definitely don't want to see Betsy as Captain Britain. She works best as a X-Woman and as the iconic Psylocke.

Oh agreed. I just think that it wouldn't be that hard to have an Asian or half-Asian Betsy and also have Kwannon without any bodyswapping. Given how Betsy had a Japanese body and relied on some Japanese cultural signifiers for the longest time I think it'd be good to have Betsy not just be a white woman. Let the Braddocks be half siblings or something.
Yeah, I would like Betsy to be half Asian, half British and for Kwannon to be fully Asian, and no body swapping whatsoever. Also being half siblings also could be cool. :up:

I definitely don't want to see Betsy as Captain Britain. She works best as a X-Woman and as the iconic Psylocke.
I’m disappointed for Olivia that she got wasted on Apocalypse and didn’t instead get the call for the MCU and a more long term gig.

I didn't mean for her to be Captain Britain. I just think it makes sense to introduce her in Captain Britain, because that's where it makes the most sense to show her origins and since she'll have to be in Captain Britain anyway it makes more sense to have her go from her home life to joining the X-Men than from being an X-Men member to going back home. Plus any X-Men that can be introduced in a setting where they don't instantly have to share the screen with a team of 5+ other X-Men should get that opportunity imo, gives them a chance to get their own focus before being thrown in an Avengers-type teamup. I'd expect a Captain Britain project would also introduce Otherworld and lay the foundation for eXcalibur.

2165776-CB_and_Betsy.jpg
2034957-035.jpg
2034028-186.jpg
0558b36ed43d9982c2b062611795f81c.jpg
3131935-xforce03506.jpg
7621564-bb81.jpg

I don't want her to debut as a Captain Britain supporting character either.

DEfinitively want Psylocke as X-woman member!!
a badass Psylocke skilled in martial arts and weapons!

DEfinitively want Psylocke as X-woman member!!
a badass Psylocke skilled in martial arts and weapons!
And throw in the psychic knife and maybe some low level TK. :cwink:

I want her in from the first film if possible after being wasted by Fox.

She really was because she's a great actress. She could have brought more to the role given a chance.

She really was because she's a great actress. She could have brought more to the role given a chance.

Apply this to any single actor/actress that played a X-Men on the franchise.

Apply this to any single actor/actress that played a X-Men on the franchise.
I don't know. I thought Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen were near perfect myself.

I don't know. I thought Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen were near perfect myself.
People also typically like Mystique, but of those 4, only Wolverine I think they are counting as an X-Men team member.

Patrick and Ian didnt play X-Men members. :yay:
and the original post was about being "wasted" in the franchise.

I definitely wouldn't mind a British-Asian actor. But if that's not what they choose to go with, then this might be the perfect superhero role for Lily James. I know she gets suggested for a lot of parts, but this would fit her really well. I mean, she starred in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Is there a better preparation for the role of Psylocke than playing a Kung Fu fighting Elizabeth Bennet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"