The Purge

It gets old seeing the realism complaints. This is fiction. It's an escape from reality.

That being said this movie could've been a hell of a lot better.

Yeah, I'm not very big on the movie, interesting concept but sub par movie.

The "this could/would never happen" stuff got old real fast though. It's just a "what if?" movie.

I don't see the reasoning behind specifically setting it less than ten years from now though. IF something like this were to happen, it would take many, many years to brainwash a society into embracing something like this as the norm.

Just came back from it and it was enjoyable for what it was. The trailer pretty much showed what I was getting into before seeing the movie and it delivered in the entertaining aspect of it.

Movie was okay. The premise was better than the execution. It's a weird idea that you would like to see explored, but it can never be explored enough when it's confined to a house. It just turns into a standard home invasion movie that is grossly predictable at every turn.

Also
the dad spends half the movie roaming around this mansion looking for his daughter. Call her damn cell phone rather than wandering aimlessly through the house. For the love of god!

Half of this movie was just character roaming around the house looking for each other :funny:

How bloody big can that house be? lol

I kind of hated the son and daughter in this movie.

The preppy Patrick Bateman wannabe played by the Australian Home & Away guy was funny.

I swear some of the footage at the beginning of this movie was from the England riots.

Half of this movie was just character roaming around the house looking for each other :funny:

How bloody big can that house be? lol

I kind of hated the son and daughter in this movie.

The preppy Patrick Bateman wannabe played by the Australian Home & Away guy was funny.

I swear some of the footage at the beginning of this movie was from the England riots.

That is my number one complaint about this movie. Despite the entire movie taking place in the house and the security of the house being a major focus, there is no effort ever put into establishing the geography of the place. That should have been one of their top priorities. To set the stage for the events to follow.

I can't take this movie serious. But me, being me, I wish a mata effa would come ringing my door bell talking about they gonna kill me in a certain amount of time if I don't give them what they want. I got all these guns, shotguns, pistols, and SMGs. They threatening me wearing some damn prom outfits and gardening tools? NIIIGGGAAA Pleeaassssseee! I'll blast every last one of those fools, ain't a bunch a Beverly Hills geeks going be coming in my hood threatening me and my home. Aint gon be no negotiating either, we get straight to it. As soon they ring the door bell, we come out blasting. Get this weak ish out of here. Real talk homie.

why dont you sit the next few plays out. Alright guy?

I can't take this movie serious. But me, being me, I wish a mata effa would come ringing my door bell talking about they gonna kill me in a certain amount of time if I don't give them what they want. I got all these guns, shotguns, pistols, and SMGs. They threatening me wearing some damn prom outfits and gardening tools? NIIIGGGAAA Pleeaassssseee! I'll blast every last one of those fools, ain't a bunch a Beverly Hills geeks going be coming in my hood threatening me and my home. Aint gon be no negotiating either, we get straight to it. As soon they ring the door bell, we come out blasting. Get this weak ish out of here. Real talk homie.

LMAO!!! Post of the year

Drugs are bad, mkay?

WORD Son!

Then when you're done, say this...

veut7l.jpg

I'm serious man, the premise of the movie has a brother like "hold up tho"

Universal Sets June 2014 Release For ‘The Purge’ Sequel

Universal will release The Purge 2 on Friday, June 20, 2014. It will face off against the Warner Bros’ musical Jersey Boys and Sony/Screen Gems comedy Think Like A Man Too. Writer/director/producer James Monaco will return to produce the thriller’s next chapter, along with Blumhouse Productions’ Jason Blum, Sébastien K. Lemercier and Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. The sequel was first made public in early June when it was awarded part of the California’s $100 million Film/TV tax credit this year, just before the original Purge came out on June 7.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/universal-sets-june-2014-release-for-the-purge-sequel/

The real question is why did the parents give the child the access code to the doors ? I mean.... seriously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"