The Question is RIDICULOUS!!!

So, the characters from the Vertigo Universe are fictional characters in the DC Universe?

Just like in OUR universe?

Isn't that a little weird?

Now I picture Batman and Superman coming out of a screening of "V for Vendetta", and discussing Hugo Weaving's acting and the WAchowski Brother's writing.

Yeah that's not technically correct.

Vertigo isn't a shared universe like the DCU, it is just the more mature books and mainly non-superhero books that DC publishes. Some of the Vertigo books (eg. Animal Man, Swamp Thing) take place in the DCU but are sold on Vertigo because DC do not want to incorage children to buy the more adult books and they also want to point out to adults that this might be more challenging to read that your average Superman book.

So maybe Watchmen was released in the DCU but Vertigo books are not fictional characters in the DCU as some of them are in the DCU.

Well, some Vertigo are in DCU continuity, and some aren't. Sandman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Hellblazer, Lucifer, and Books of Magic are. Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and a few others aren't.

Watchmen wasn't Vertigo, but it wasn't in the DCU continuity.

Yeah. But, it sort of marked the begining of Vertigo type books. Many people consider it the first Virtigo book.

But it was never put under the Vertigo label. It's always been just DC. Now, Swamp Thing, that may have been the first Vertigo book.

Dr. Mid-Nite said:
Sorry if I pissed anyone off or started anything. :(

I think he's a cool character, but just has a lame name is all.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"