The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FF come back, I think the best bet would be a Netflix series. Zarex is right, best case scenario a "successful" FF reboot, even by Marvel would be in the TIH to Ant-man territory.

Yes a pristine FF could have theoretically made Guardians money or better, but there is a stench that Fox has put on this franchise that will take time and concerted effort to remove. As James Gunn says, it's not about the FF at this point, it's about Marvel's cosmic properties tied to the FF.

Again, this FF reboot's total box office won't even equal the opening weekend of either of the Story films. That's how bad this is.

I think they'd be better off as supporting characters in other MCU movies. Now that Feige and the films don't answer to Marvel Entertainment, there is likely going to be more separation between the films and movies. And given the FF and their related characters have an otherworldly presence, they'd fit better in the more cosmic films sphere, than the more grounded tv sphere. A netflix show would also fail to realize all of the elements that come with the property. Galactus in GOTG, Doom in Avengers, Johnny in an Inhumans or Spiderman movie, all these things can serve to help the MCU without the need of a FF movie, atleast until their reputation can be built back up. It will take alot of time and effort for the franchise to reach new heights, but Marvel has the means to.

Last edited:
I think they'd be better off as supporting characters in other MCU movies. Now that Feige and the films don't answer to Marvel Entertainment, there is likely going to be more separation between the films and movies. And given the FF and their related characters have an otherworldly presence, they'd fit better in the more cosmic films sphere, than the more grounded tv sphere. A netflix show would also fail to realize all of the elements that come with the property. Galactus in GOTG, Doom in Avengers, Johnny in an Inhumans or Spiderman movie, all these things can serve to help the MCU without the need of a FF movie, atleast until their reputation can be built back up. It will take alot of time and effort for the franchise to reach new heights, but Marvel has the means to.

A while back I proposed the idea of a 60s era CGI FF series set within the MCU continuity. Similarly to how Lucasfilm is handling Star Wars: Rebels. Start with a mystery - What happened to the world's first superhero team? And show their adventures in the 1960s, rubbing elbows with Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Peggy Carter and Howard Stark.

The FF villains are timeless and can be used immediately in the modern MCU - including elderly tyrant Victor Von Doom, kept alive through mysticism and the advanced technology in his armor.

After a few years, have the team time jump into modern times for a live action film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"