The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because of the X-Men's subject matter (which is honestly heavy handed and the movies a bit pretentious as a result, but w/e). You'll get that when Marvel makes the Inhumans. Will be interesting to see what all you Fox and X-Men fans have to say after that movie.

I love the Inhumans and can't wait to see them on screen.

But I disagree with the X-Men movies being heavy handed or pretentious.

They don't just give the "feeling" of something fresh they're completely different stuff.

I don't think they are completely fresh, because they have Nick Fury or other characters popping up in them. But they have the advantage of seeming fresher because the titles are different.

You have no way of knowing they wanted Silver Surfer or Galactus or that they wanted to put them in Guardians of the Galaxy other than a baseless rumor that Fox themselves denied.

I believe that rumour was likely to be true.

Marvel is hardly running out of creative steam when they have 5-6 new, unique IPs in the pipeline just right now that still barely scratch the surface of the Marvel universe. What we've seen up until now is barely the tip of the iceberg. Guardians is different from anything that has been done before in a Hollywood blockbuster, and we're just a year away from that.

Your short sightedness on this subject is very apparent.

And your connection to Marvel is very apparent.

I'm not at all short-sighted but I do feel Marvel is clinging to Downey Jr and Avengers a little. I'm not sure how Guardians will do. It might do well, it might not.

They barely ever move. There's no point in arguing the difference a point every 6 months or more makes.

They do move. In the space of a few weeks, when I was compiling some data, X-Men: First Class was initially ahead of X2, then below it, and now they're at the same score. The numbers do move all the time. Not hugely, but nonetheless they do move.

I felt X2 and First Class were better movies than all MS films possibly with exception of Iron Man. I loved the Avengers but it's just a great popcorn flick and I personally prefer movies that are great film making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"