The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm in".

(touches sign above seahawks---I mean Marvel logo above exit)

:woot:

:up:

:jd: :db: :wowe: :chd: :pcg: :applaud :bow:

I'm more confident than I've ever been in the past 5 years that it's going to really happen.

Might take some time while they hash things out, and it might not be announced for a while, but there's no way in hell Fox is going to make another Fantastic Four film in the next 7 years. Put a fork in them.

I mean, literally, stab them with a fork. The bastards deserve it.:dry:

Michael-Cera-Is-Excited-Things-Are-Finally-Happening-On-Arrested-Development.gif

The critical collapse of this movie has fanned the flames of hope in my soul.

This thread should never have died anyway in the first place, especially since the original one won thread of the year. Maybe it was seen as obsolete eventually, but now it's not so far fetched once again.

Every shred of common sense says this should happen, but I still wouldn't put it past Fox to be belligerent and just sit on the rights again. Just look at their history.

Yes. Yes!

The F4 rights to hop about the freedom train back to Marvel. Galactus and Surfer for Infinity War!

:wowe::ff::up:

Its Back baby!!!!!!

I am sure the support numbers will grow. :cwink:

Every shred of common sense says this should happen, but I still wouldn't put it past Fox to be belligerent and just sit on the rights again. Just look at their history.

As much as I'm afraid to be optimistic, I think Fox will wash their hands of this soon. Right now there's a lot of finger pointing and "how could have this happened?" going on in Fox HQ and the reason it happened was there were a few pig-headed, arrogant idiots who insisted on pushing ahead.

If any of those pig-headed, arrogant idiots poke their head up right now, that head might roll. So those people are laying low right now which means the decisions are being made by the more reasonable people.

If Marvel offers a dollar (and I think they will so they can have this wrapped up) I think Fox will take it and wash their hands of the whole thing.

I don't see Fox making a great FF film. There are reports that they didn't even want to make this film and don't care about the FF and the only reason why they even made this monstrosity was so they could sell it back at a later date. Marvel should pay up to get the rights back like they did with Ghost Rider.

I have no animosity toward Fox. They have made some of my favourite comic book movies. I hope they make a deal with Marvel that will give them more access to X-Men rights (tv/merch etc) in exchange for the Fantastic Four. That would be a win for me on all fronts. The first family can go home where they would fit better, and Fox can continue to develop the X-Men universe that they have been most successful with.

I don't see Fox making a great FF film. There are reports that they didn't even want to make this film and don't care about the FF and the only reason why they even made this monstrosity was so they could sell it back at a later date. Marvel should pay up to get the rights back like they did with Ghost Rider.

Let's keep in mind also that we seem to have strong evidence (the comments about the X-Men TV rights) that Marvel and Fox are negotiating right now. Unless one side is very unreasonable they should be able to make something happen.

I hope this thread will have the same happy ending as the one in the Spider-Man forum where we were able to witness the return of ol Webhead back to the Marvel family, where he belongs. I want FF to become a part of MCU in the near future.

This forum has felt like something was missing without this thread. I'm glad it's back and I hope it will be here to stay.

And I hope this forum will stay as well with new related movies coming out under Marvel Studios. I would like to see a Doom movie, which wouldn't have to be released as a big summer tentpole but a smaller film to fit in between the other big Marvel releases for Phase 3.

I have no animosity toward Fox. They have made some of my favourite comic book movies. I hope they make a deal with Marvel that will give them more access to X-Men rights (tv/merch etc) in exchange for the Fantastic Four. That would be a win for me on all fronts. The first family can go home where they would fit better, and Fox can continue to develop the X-Men universe that they have been most successful with.
It's the internet "fans" that caused this. There was so much negativity from announcement, then the vision of a younger cast down the ultimates route etc that Fox execs like any business owners made the decision to cut their losses.

This. I really enjoyed the last two X-Men films, and with reports out there saying Fox is talking to Marvel about the X-Men tv series, my guess is they trade the rights for Fantastic 4. F4 would work great in the MCU.

It's the internet "fans" that caused this. There was so much negativity from announcement, then the vision of a younger cast down the ultimates route etc that Fox execs like any business owners made the decision to cut their losses.
Wow. I hope you're not serious.

Marvel should not give up the X-Men merch rights. Ever. I don't want Marvel to no longer be able to make comic-based merch based on the X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"