The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see your IM3 and raise you an Elektra and FF1. :cwink:

...and X-Men: Last Stand, Daredevil, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Fantastic Four: ROTS.

But hey... 4 (arguably) out of 10 ain't bad, right? :whatever:

I loved IM3..... oh well.

Could've been worse. Just as Viper and Silver Samurai.

Mandarin was far worse than Viper and Silver Samurai.

A classic baddie who turns out to be an actor who made the toilet smell? Pfft.
Iron Man 3 sucks.:doh:

I'll take Viper's skin-shedding and a mecha SS any day. :hrt:

I'll give up my "handlers" at Disney/Marvel if you tell me to whom at FOX you report.

Haha! My identity is quite public. If you can't follow a few links (with even a picture of me for all to see), then you aren't very good at investigating things :cwink:

Oh and just editing this to clarify: I don't report to anyone at Fox, nor anyone at any film company anywhere for that matter. I'd love to work for a movie company though, I have to admit!

Last edited:
****-Cloud Galactus and Dr. Doom, too. :dry:

In fairness, they were planning to show the full Galactus being in the SS spin-off. Studios were far more nervous about the more 'way out' stuff back then, (and they still were at the time of making the Thor movie). It's only now that studios are more confident and special effects are cheaper and better.

Dr Doom was far from perfect but at least had the right look, and he was in his castle in FF2, so they were getting there bit by bit.

It's officially September. These next 29 days should say a lot.

I'm not reading all that garbage of fanboyish rationalisation. I didn't like it and that's that! :word:

VMiF2.gif

In fairness, they were planning to show the full Galactus being in the SS spin-off. Studios were far more nervous about the more 'way out' stuff back then, (and they still were at the time of making the Thor movie). It's only now that studios are more confident and special effects are cheaper and better.

Dr Doom was far from perfect but at least had the right look, and he was in his castle in FF2, so they were getting there bit by bit.

Excuses are meaningless. Only results matter. And the result for the FF was a horrible depiction of Marvel's greatest cosmic character, who was reduced to a dirty-looking cloud with all the menace of dryer lint. That was a helluva a lot more insulting to both the source material and its fans than the Mandarin in IM3. (And no, I'm not getting into that because I'm not interested in any more whining about it.)

Wolverine was voted best CBM of the summer on here, IM3 wasn't even a 2nd.

Excuses are meaningless. Only results matter. And the result for the FF was a horrible depiction of Marvel's greatest cosmic character, who was reduced to a dirty-looking cloud with all the menace of dryer lint. That was a helluva a lot more insulting to both the source material and its fans than the Mandarin in IM3. (And no, I'm not getting into that because I'm not interested in any more whining about it.)

It wasn't a depiction, it was an effect created by the character, whose form is seen briefly in the heart of the cloud. As an introduction, it would be fine if we had then had the full form shown clearly in the SS spin-off. But I agree it was disappointing that it was all we ever got to see.

Marvel wouldn't make another F4 movie if they had them back. As evidenced by the deal they tried to do for Daredevil, they only want Galactus and the Silver Surfer so they can add them to the Guardians franchise. That's fair enough, but Fox decided it really wasn't worth hanging on to Daredevil after all.

Wolverine was voted best CBM of the summer on here, IM3 wasn't even a 2nd.

Big deal what happened "on here". IM3 got more favorable reviews and made vastly more money. That's what counts in the real world, not some random poll on website #br549. I liked both but there's no question which was the more successful film.

Big deal what happened "on here". IM3 got more favorable reviews and made vastly more money. That's what counts in the real world, not some random poll on website #br549. I liked both but there's no question which was the more successful film.

Box Office success means nothing really in terms of quality though, but you are right in that it was more financially successful. Critics are a select few, other than perhaps the famed one like the late Robert Ebert what makes their opinion more important than the GA or Fans?

Every person who says "just give the rights back to Marvel!" Needs to watch IM3 :o

*rewatches IM3*

Yep, definitely a good reason to give the rights back to Marvel. With the rights in their hands, its entirely possible we may get a Fantastic Four movie as awesome as IM3.

*wonders how long it will take the insane Mandarin hate to finally fade away*

Mandarin was far worse than Viper and Silver Samurai.

A classic baddie who turns out to be an actor who made the toilet smell? Pfft.
Iron Man 3 sucks.:doh:

I'll take Viper's skin-shedding and a mecha SS any day. :hrt:

Sorry, but as "bad" as you try to pain Marvel's interpretation of the Mandarin was, it's still nowhere near as bad as the kind of logic that would've probably interpreted him as a literal orange. :oldrazz:

Box Office success means nothing really in terms of quality though, but you are right in that it was more financially successful. Critics are a select few, other than perhaps the famed one like the late Robert Ebert what makes their opinion more important than the GA or Fans?

Except IM3 also had the higher audience score and Cinemascore.

people who hate the Mandarin twist are often completely unfamiliar with the character... or only know him buy his old stereotypical appearance. Rather than his modern day take, which is very much Killian.

*rewatches IM3*

Yep, definitely a good reason to give the rights back to Marvel. With the rights in their hands, its entirely possible we may get a Fantastic Four movie as awesome as IM3.

*wonders how long it will take the insane Mandarin hate to finally fade away*

Though Pearce was fine in the role, I really think Marvel should have cast an Asian actor as "Killian". An eastern, dragon-tattooed, fire-breather would have been a more satisfying onscreen depiction of Iron Man's greatest foe.

The Wolverine bored me towards the end and the beginning was so promising....
Iron Man 3 didn't put me to sleep at least, even though i didn't like the end.
I want the F4 back at Marvel because they fit better there and i have more faith in Marvel at the moment. I am not some Marvel Fanboy, these are the only ones i want to return.

I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever get how IM3 is any good. It should be tossed in the bin with the bad ones like SM3 or something. There is many similaritys between the two films.

Sorry, but as "bad" as you try to pain Marvel's interpretation of the Mandarin was, it's still nowhere near as bad as the kind of logic that would've probably interpreted him as a literal orange. :oldrazz:

Except IM3 also had the higher audience score and Cinemascore.

Did IM3 really have a better Audience RT? Both have been out for a few months. It takes around a yearish for the score to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"