The Reports of the DCAU's Death May Be Greatly Exaggerated...

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by TheGrayGhost, Apr 17, 2006.

1. TheGrayGhost Registered

From Toonzone:

So, Bruce Timm is working on Braniac Attacks? Huh. I thought he didn't have any connection with the project. It might just be good.

Anyway, looks like I am wrong about JLU having a shot at continuing. But you know what? I'll reserve some hope up until Destroyer airs. Anyway, it's good to see that things are looking better than originally thought.

I know Batman is the best treated in the DCAU, but I am still waiting to see a Batman DTV that shows him in his prime with some difficult, psychological situations. We've had only glimpses of such a scenario, but they were not totally fleshed out. It would also be nice to see Nightwing again.

EDIT: Bruce Timm is not involved in any capacity in Braniac Attacks. I don't think this is a good thing. The same situation will likely play out like it did with Mystery of the Batwoman (while "ok," didn't match up to to ROTJ or MOTP in any way)

2. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

This is good news, even if it's not definitive. I had hoped for some DTVs to push a couple of storyarcs. I hope this pans out.

3. TheGrayGhost Registered

Hmm. Here is what Bruce Timm had to say about the interview (he posts at Toonzone under the alias "b.t.")

4. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

I like how that sounds. That man's work is gold with me.

5. TheGrayGhost Registered

Me too. I just hope its something that concerns DCAU (Timmverse) continuity.

By the way, I have another thread on this forum that I desperately would like posters to share thoughts in. I thought I had everything figured about the DCAU Batman, but I may be wrong.:( But I doubt it. :)

6. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

Link?

edit: I found it.
    http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227480

7. TheGrayGhost Registered

8. Dread TMNT 1984-2009

More Timm-style DTV's are a welcome news. While CN/WB may not want to continue doing seasons of JLU, there is still an audience for that sort of thing and an occasional DTV could easily see profits, so it is not uncommon to hear of this.

Granted, the WB has squandered properties before (such as the lackluster way X-MEN: EVOLTION has been released before this year), so who knows.

9. King Ruler Registered

I will literally piss myself if one of the DTV's is what I hope/think it is.

10. TheGrayGhost Registered

It's possible that it isn't DC related at all.

But I am actually a little more concerned about Braniac Attacks at this point. If Bruce Timm is not involved, do you guys think it will be cruddy?

11. King Ruler Registered

Unless I read wrong, I'm pretty sure it's been stated that Timm ain't done with DC characters yet, so I'm guessing that it'll be DC related....

which could mean that he has finally answered my threats---erm, pleads, I mean. Could this mean I will finally get to see a YJ DTV? Could it be?

(Doubt it)

12. Dread TMNT 1984-2009

Brainiac and Luthor have been re-cast from the actors who have voiced both for a half dozen years off and on; that alone could cause some effects on the story. It likely won't fit into the DCUA continuity and is likely to cash in on SUPERMAN RETURNS. I'll still watch it, though, even if I am getting tired of Brainiac (who even showed up in STATIC SHOCK for chrissakes).

13. TheGrayGhost Registered

Wow. I had no idea. What about Dana Delany as Lois Lane?

14. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

I've heard (or rather, seen) reports about Dana being back, as well as Tim Daly, who hasn't done Supes since the end of S:TAS (save the performance in that woeful Shadow of Apokalips game).

I've heard nothing about Clancy Brown (Lex) or Corey Burton (Brainiac), but I'd be ticked most about Brown not being back.

15. deathshead2 Registered

The bad guy VA aren't back.:down Lex's voice is now done by the guy who voices grodd in JLU.

16. jaydawg Registered

Are you kidding me? Clancy Brown owns Lex Luthor. What crap. I knew BA was gonna suck and this is confirmation. Its freakin MOTBW all over again.

17. TheGrayGhost Registered

If you're referring to the controversy surrounding The Peguin and his voice change, I don't think that is quite as bad as this; Clancy Brown is more definitive and does an excellent as job Lex Luthor. It's a big shame. Losing Corey Burton as Brainiac is also a very sad thing. It's like betrayal.

18. TheGrayGhost Registered

Does anyone happen to know if the Bat-embargo would affect future DCAU DTV's?

19. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

I hope not.
    The Bat-Embargo already partly crippled JLU.

A Bat-Embargo will kill any future Batman DTV's.
    Unless they are The Batman DTV's.

:(

20. David Ford, RPD Registered

I'm not very worried about the VA re-casting, but very worried about the script. The Brainiac Attacks screenplay is written by Duane Capizzi, who most recently has written for...wait for it...the Batman. Ugh.

21. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

This just gets worse and worse.

22. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

23. kooguy911 Registered

ahg the DCAU is ending this year....

dammit! NOOO!!!!

24. Kid Flash! The Fastest Kid Alive

I hope not....

25. Kid Flash! The Fastest Kid Alive

But it will.
    DTV's will hopefully continue though