Transformers The Reviews Thread

I am just saying the Stat is kinda Funny... strange.

Was it 6-0 (or 8-0?) and now... 36-21?

The early reviews were almost ALL good, now it's mostly poor... :huh:

Once again, I Was wrong, I went with the stat, and predicted it would end up over 70%, at least. :(

I've read nothing in this thread. But from other sources and people i've know who've seen this movie, Fan Boys seem to think it's an abomination and causal fans think it's the best movie of the summer. I think i'll go with the latter since Fan Boys don't know dick.

As a fanboy I must state; This movie made my life. I can't remember having more fun and when one waits 20 years for this movie then it's just plain stupid to go all bananas over flames, lips and chickenlegs. Seriously, I can't understand why some fanboys would ruin it for themselves with nitpicking.

This movie is not for nitpickers. Leave Dr. Phil do the over-analyzing and just sit back and enjoy the ride without *****ing over flames and Bay-hate.

I love SpielBay for giving me this movie. I waited most of my life for it. This movie resurected my childhood :trans:

Premiere Magazine's review (positive)
Transformers

PREMIERE.COM'S REVIEW (posted 7/2/07)
*** Stars

It's been a summer of fast-food movies, but get ready, because the ultimate Happy Meal has finally arrived. That's not a comment on its all-enveloping marketing strategy, just that, like a Happy Meal, Transformers is chock full of things of dubious quality that inexplicably taste good. Mashing a military action film, an alien invasion movie, and a disaster epic into a meaty patty and grilling it up with loads of cheese, Transformers initially goes down easy, but gets less appealing as the digestive process progresses.

Food metaphors aside, Transformers is every bit the big, dumb, giant-robot action flick you expect it to be, so anyone who feels the need to criticize it for not being more needs to take a gander at the opening credits. You see, "Hasbro," the toy company that brought Transformer toys over to the U.S. from Japan, is listed as a producing partner.

This is a big toy movie directed by the one man who knows how to play with big toys (little toys like character, dialogue, emotion, and pacing, however, still elude him). And for the first hour and a half, it's pretty damn entertaining.

The story basically involves an intergalactic quest for a powerful, life-giving cube that brings two warring alien factions — the noble Autobots and the evil Decepticons — to Earth. Able to disguise themselves as anything machine-like (usually vehicles), these invaders track down the person who holds the key to the cube's whereabouts: the great-grandson of an artic explorer (still with me?) who first made contact with their race. Although this storyline sounds like a convoluted mess ('cause, well, it is), Bay at least layers the film with enough gags — some of them really effective, like a sly Kill Bill reference and the use of the toy's commercial tagline "more than meets the eye" as a fumbled come-on attempt, and other gags not so much — to make it clear that you're not meant to take any of this too seriously. LaBeouf's sarcastic Sam Witwicky — an average kid with a strange tie to the alien invaders — is charismatic and generally likeable, and his scenes with his parents (Kevin Dunn and Julie White) are probably more entertaining than they have any right to be. I mean, these are supposed to be filler scenes between action, but Dunn, White, and LaBeouf have an easy chemistry that almost makes you want to see more of them together.

Almost.

The real draw here is the special effects, and they are as good as advertised, though a tad lopsided. The Autobots are given distinct looks and even personality — most notably their leader, Optimus Prime, who benefits from having original cartoon-series voice-actor Peter Cullen working his vocal circuits. But the Decepticons, which range from giant hulking tanks to tiny, gremlin-like imps, all look, act, and sound the same. By the time the giant showdown occurs — you know, the one you're dying to see since the first minute of the film — the editing overtakes the special effects and renders both sides indistinguishable masses of clanking metal. Even during the slo-mo bot shots, most people would be hard-pressed to tell if they should be booing or cheering for the robot onscreen. And because no one seems to have punished Bay for committing the same sin in Bad Boys 2, Transformers is a good 45 minutes longer than it needs to be. Since the storyline is hokey and the characters basically 2-D (the only one who seems to be in on the joke is John Turturro, who dives into his role with both feet as a comic-book villain), the "cube showdown" could come a lot earlier on. Bay could have cut one or two of the "Autobots driving through the desert" sequences that strive for iconic status, but end up looking like the slickest car commercial you've ever seen.

But calling a summer movie out for being a big, dumb commercial (especially this year) is ridiculous — Transformers succeeds because of the truth in the film's advertising. It's a Godzilla movie with better effects.

So grab some popcorn and make a pit stop, then sit back and enjoy it. You signed up for a movie about giant robots.

— Eric Alt

As a fanboy I must state; This movie made my life. I can't remember having more fun and when one waits 20 years for this movie then it's just plain stupid to go all bananas over flames, lips and chickenlegs. Seriously, I can't understand why some fanboys would ruin it for themselves with nitpicking.

This movie is not for nitpickers. Leave Dr. Phil do the over-analyzing and just sit back and enjoy the ride without *****ing over flames and Bay-hate.

I love SpielBay for giving me this movie. I waited most of my life for it. This movie resurected my childhood :trans:

As far as the lips argument went...that was incredibly laughable. Optimus' lips looked basically like the others lips that were shown in the show. It's just in the show they never had Optimus remove his face plate. Which wasn't his actual mouth it was a face plate over his mouth...common sense. Just to make sure, im not ranting or complaining about you Dotten.

Empire Magazine's review (positive)
Transformers

Empire Review
4 stars out of 5

As possibly Cinema’s greatest exponent, Orson Welles would sigh when quizzed about his final film. Within its morally charged story, he was the voice of Unicron the chaos-bringer, most massive and deadly of the Transformers, a role he described without irony as “a big toy who attacked a lot of smaller toys”.

Unicron does not make an appearance amongst the coterie of frenetic robots in Michael Bay’s live-action rendition of the cult Japanese toy-line, but the description serves. It’s a film about big toys attacking a lot of small toys, and some equally as big, and some much bigger (Transformers are equal-opportunity), and a lot of humans (if you’re a Decepticon) and buildings (mostly downtown LA), not to forgo a fairly determined assault on our senses.

It is not, you should understand, a film for those who seek the solace of art. It is, however, the most straight-up, brain-on-standby, CG-buffed explosion of out-and-out fun the summer has yet delivered. Another of cinema’s great exponents, Alfred Hitchcock, would often despair of certain cinemagoers’ predilection for plot logic. He would ignore the cry of these ‘Plausibles’ and fiddle his books with rollicking suspense. Michael Bay, too, is no friend of the Plausibles, but his trick is to deafen them with ‘Bayhem’ (def: blowing **** up at sunset). Even amongst the geek-lore of sci-fi he remains more concerned with laying waste to LA than a redoubtable internal logic.

It shouldn’t startle you to hear that the plot is ludicrous: a box (varying in size from a city block to a handbag — nothing in the movie is capable of sitting still) with the power to reconfigure machines into Transformers (at one witty point a drinks dispenser sprouts mechanoid legs and a cannon that fires cans at people) has ended up on Earth. As, currently, have these opposing gangs of super-robots. First stop is a dumb kid whose great-grandfather’s glasses have
the imprint of a map of the box’s location... Oh, forget it. Listen, good robots fight bad ones and we get in the way. The end.

When you’ve got a film about sentient robots from outer space (originally Cybertron, but they fragged their home planet in some internecine techno-squabble) who can inhabit the guise of a canary-yellow Camaro or jet fighter or boombox (Gremlin-like midget-bot Frenzy is an in-joke reference to a misconceived toy that swizzled into a cassette tape), judging your tone can be tricky. Transformers was hardly going to embrace the giddy naturalism of the French New Wave, but Bay bravely pushes his film from the stern hegemony of cool into goofy, and it fits. Like its animated predecessor, the film is still a cartoon where a gang of 20-foot robots can spill about a garden lawn like Buster Keaton. The film is winningly willing to admit to its own silliness. For the first third, until the Autobots assemble like the A-Team in metallic drag under the governorship of stiff-rigged head-bot Optimus Prime (voiced with a headmaster’s growl by Peter Cullen), it plays more like a teen comedy than a brash actioner. A good one, too, as the human leads are every bit as charming as the boulder-sized hood ornaments.

Bay has done himself a real favour casting LaBeouf as the excitable loser about to discover his first car has a big surprise under the hood. He shares the pop-neurotic jabber of a young Woody Allen with Tom Hanks’ steady charisma, a straightforward-looking guy who still shines like a movie star. A smart, natural comedian, he levels the bluntness of this toy story with an ironic bluster. Quite apart from his car growing legs, he’s been fidgety enough about the legs of classmate Mikaela (Megan Fox). Drunkenly lapped up by Bay’s lascivious camera, she still comes with a steel core (it’s not just the cars who’ve got hidden centres): Mikaela’s a whizz with engines, not that boys can get beyond her windshield. In fact, all the girls of the movie come moulded to a geek ideal: stunning and boyishly practical. In one of the overextended subplots we get Australian beauty Rachael Taylor as an NSA computer dweeb cracking the Decepticons’ code.

The cast is at its best young: the older actors, notably Jon Voight and John Turturro as governmental stooges as slow on the uptake as many a parent might be, hammily herk and jerk as if undergoing their own internal shake-up. The film is least sure when mustering global peril, testing the waters of inference with an attack on an American military base in . The first suspects are the Iranians, and along the way there’s a few spry digs at the Bush administration, but any politicising is swiftly reduced to a potty super-Secret Service known as Sector Seven who’ve got Megatron in a deep freeze inside the Hoover Dam, and the film gets on with its juvenile doctrine of daft punk.

But who’s turning up to Transformers looking for the fuss of subtext? Hell, the dialogue — much of it as ramrod-stiff as Prime’s instep — just slows things down. We’ve signed up for the robot carnage so loudly boasted of in the sensational trailer, and ILM have got it going on. Perhaps they’re the right generation: a huddle of techies reliving the shape-shifting gimmicks of childhood. And these droids are so much more than Metal Mickey on stilts: they ratchet, gyrate and warp at electric speeds to the satisfying rhythmic clank of metal hefted on metal. In short, the transforming is awesome.

Whether it’s Optimus Prime gracefully unpacking his flame-decaled truck chassis into a warrior-robot as polished as the knights in Excalibur, or Starscream flitting into and out of a Lockheed Raptor like a steel-clad fairy, or the splendid Megatron, all barbs and violent blooms like a psychopathic rose bush, the dynamics are intricately detailed, conjuring images of a million sprockets whirring in unison. All their U-turns and spins, skid-stops and take-offs are choreographed into a stunning ballet of impossible motion.

As the ’bots show up for a big showdow in humanville, soldiers spilling about like ants, a nonsense/genius tribute to old monster-movies, it’s all about the Sturm und Drang of pure action. It’s a dream-clatter of robot-on-robot war to drive Craig Charles to drugs. On old Orson’s level — “big toys attacking smaller toys” — it truly delivers.

It’s a shame, then, that Michael Bay can’t help being Michael Bay. The one-dimensionality is a given, even part of his appeal — although the lugubrious keep-up-at-the-back lumps of Optimus Exposition are plain dull — but why must every other scene come coated in shafts of radiant sunlight like a shampoo ad? He seems to have no patience with the propulsion of narrative. Still, it’s his best film — a big, brash, dumb, childish, funny, imperfect but ridiculously exciting action-comedy. Set aside the Plausible, and you’ll be caught like a bunny in the headlights.

Verdict
The script may have rubbery legs, but the action is rock-hard. The surprise is the lightness of touch: treat as a comedy for best results.

Reviewer: Ian Nathan

Empire Magazine's review (positive)

— but why must every other scene come coated in shafts of radiant sunlight like a shampoo ad?

wow...
ppl actually view artful beautiful (consistent)direction of photography as flaw?

guess this film really would have been better served with FF2's lighting

CNN's review (negative)
Review: Dim 'Transformers' thuds with action

Story Highlights
  • Effects, explosions excellent in "Transformers"
  • Human side missing from Michael Bay movie
  • Reviewer: Overlong work is "Herbie Goes to War"
By Tom Charity

Special to CNN

(CNN) -- The most expensive toy commercial ever made, "Transformers," Michael Bay's live-action film about the surprisingly durable Hasbro product line, is long, loud and altogether less than meets the eye.

A blockbuster for 8-year-olds -- and, I guess, those older boys who never grew up -- "Transformers" will buzz its youthful demographic (the effects are incredible) but leave the rest of us wondering if Hollywood could possibly aim lower.

For the uninitiated, the Transformers are sentient machines from outer space. To pass undetected on Earth they assume the form of everyday consumer objects -- mostly, here, American trucks and cars -- but in their true configuration they are colossal robot warriors with the firepower to match.

The Autobots are the good guys, led by sanctimonious Optimus Prime. Then there are the evil Decepticons, led by Megatron, whose role is basically to blow stuff up.

Despite their name, the Decepticons show themselves first, with a devastating (and oh-so-topical) strike on a U.S. military base in Qatar. It's not the massacre of the troops that troubles the Pentagon so much as a stealth hack attack on their computer network. Could the Iranians have developed such cyber smarts? And where's "Die Hard's" John McClane when you need him?

Meanwhile, back in the U.S.A., high school geek Sam Witwicky (rising star Shia LaBeouf) is the befuddled new owner of a beaten-up yellow Camaro with a matchmaking streak. Like a certain VW love bug, the car starts and stalls at will, and likes to select golden oldies as romantic cues. It's only when Sam sees it slip away one night and transform into an Autobot named Bumblebee that he realizes this must be more than a quirky optional extra.

A filmmaker who has profitably plundered his own arrested adolescence in movies like "Bad Boys," "The Rock" and "Armageddon," director Michael Bay got his fingers burned two years ago with the relatively sophisticated sci-fi flop "The Island." It's obvious he's not going to be caught overestimating his audience twice.

Even so, Bay is the wrong man for the job, something producer Steven Spielberg should have known. Bay's penchant for designer machismo and piledriver action (not to mention wholesale product placement) doesn't sit well with the Transformers' appropriately juvenile comedy and a sub-Spielbergian suburban teen romance. Innocence and wonder -- the type of human traits fundamental to Spielberg's vision of childhood -- are not in Bay's tool kit.

Megan Fox, for example, who plays Sam's high school crush Mikaela, looks and sounds exactly like the 20-year-old FHM babe she really is. Mind you, unless they're moms, all Bay's women look and sound this way (just ask Scarlett Johansson).

But it's military hardware that really revs his engine. Bay shoots weaponry in an orgasmic rapture, always in slow motion and against the sunset. Not surprisingly, the military was happy to play its part when it came to supplying props for what often resembles a teenage recruitment film. Even the movie's theme -- hollow words about victory through sacrifice -- is pitched to this constituency.

Setting about the action sequences with real vigor, Bay seems to imagine he's remaking "War of the Worlds," or maybe embarking on "Terminator 4." And to be fair, the Transformers in motion are something to see -- as with several of this year's event pictures, the effects guys have surpassed themselves.

But the illusion is shattered whenever the 'bots start talking or the action stops. Bay tries to gloss over the infantile plot, but it would take a lighter, wittier touch to square the movie's pedestrian script with its excitable vision of impending auto-geddon.

At least John Turturro, who shows up at the halfway mark as an unsympathetic government operative, seems to have understood that "manic" is the only appropriate response. First he's stripped to his underpants, then a monstrous machine relieves itself all over him.

After 144 minutes of "Herbie Goes to War," I knew just how he felt.

MSNBC's review (positive)
‘Transformers’ a toy (car) story

Sense of humor, LaBeouf keep film from being another special-effects flick

By John Hartl
Film critic
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 8:15 a.m. PT July 2, 2007

Expected to sell more toys than any other movie franchise this summer, “Transformers” got its start more than two decades ago as a line of Hasbro toys. It’s also been a comic-book series, a 1986 cartoon movie, a video game and a television show.

The latest toy collection is designed to launch Michael Bay’s $100-million-plus big-screen version of “Transformers,” which resembles a mixture of Steven Spielberg’s “War of the Worlds” (Spielberg is one of the producers) and “Lord of the Rings” (the “Transformers” are extraterrestrials looking for a cube that has unique powers).

What keeps the movie from being just another special-effects extravaganza is Bay’s sense of humor — and Shia LaBeouf’s smart, live-wire performance as Sam Witwicky, an awkward teenager who buys his first car.

Lucky for him (and sometimes not), his beat-up 1970s Chevy Camaro turns out to be an alien robot. The car becomes so animated, insisting that Sam claim it at a used-car lot, that the dealer is only too happy to get rid of it. Once he’s the owner, Sam finds himself in the midst of a war between good invaders from space (Autobots) and evil ones (Decepticons).

Meanwhile, Sam is doing the usual coming-of-age stuff: arguing with a teacher about his grades, trying to keep his parents from knowing just how much mischief he’s causing, arranging his first date and delivering a series of double entendres with an astonishingly straight face.

As he proved in “Disturbia,” LaBeouf’s whimsically innocent manner can lift even the direst scenarios. Whether he’s spying on a homicidal neighbor or trying to prevent the extinction of the human race, he’s usually one step ahead of the audience — which can’t help feeling the need to catch up.

“Transformers” begins with a creation myth (“Before time began, there was the cube”), told from the perspective of desperate extraterrestrials approaching Earth. A mysterious attack on an American military base in Qatar follows, and the Secretary of Defense (Jon Voight) is baffled by reports that there are no survivors.

International relations turn tense because no one knows the nationality of the attackers, or why they’re so good at breaking into the military’s computers. A willfully obtuse federal agent (John Turturro) tracks down Sam and his girlfriend, Mikaela (Megan Fox), and the alien battles heat up.

As with most Bay movies, too much is never enough. The explosions are spectacular, the alien creatures transform themselves into 20-foot giants, and mere humans almost can’t compete. A subplot involving an American soldier (Josh Duhamel) goes nowhere; when he and his wife are dragged into the finale, they seem like refugees from another story. While Rachael Taylor and Anthony Anderson have a couple of strong scenes as computer experts, their potential is mostly ignored.

The screenplay is largely the work of Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtsman, who wrote Bay’s 2005 box-office bomb, “The Island,” as well as “Mission Impossible III.” They’re now working on a “Star Trek” prequel.

They provide LaBeouf with a few good lines and situations. But in the end it’s his personality that carries “Transformers” and turns it into more than an empty spectacle.

Man, some of those negative reviews are scathing! And most of the positive reviews say the same thing but with a positive "leave yur brain at home" slant.

E Online's review (negative)
Transformers
E! Reviews

By N.V. Cooper

Rating: C-

Review in a Hurry: Giant robots drop from the sky and transform into colossal structures of suck. Stuff blows up. The talking gadgets attempt to save humanity, but changing a flat tire provides more of a thrill than this flick.

Bigger Picture: If there was any moment for Michael Bay to shine, it would be with a movie like Transformers. Yet, instead of giving us a high-octane adrenaline-pumping actionfest that movie audiences would gladly slurp up in this summer slump, the imperial overlord of big budgets spurts out yet another overhyped and underwhelming waste of time and money. Transformers is clunky, heartless and boring. The bots are stripped of any personality, the humans are irritating, and there is not a single decent action sequence to behold. Not one—can you believe that?

This disaster of a tectonic scale is partially propped up, however, by the surprisingly enthralling Shia LaBeouf. LaBeouf's easy charm and impeccable comedic delivery occasionally jump-starts this otherwise soulless heap of junk.

Beyond that, the plot is abysmally nonsensical. Evil gadget thingies one-up all those pissed-off Sunni insurgents by annihilating a large American military base in Iraq. Next, they hack into the Department of Defense, but praise Allah that the DOD has brought in a superhot Australian chick who, when she's not wearing nipple-tight clothes, is making the world safe for democracy by cracking the evil robots' codes.

Meanwhile, across town there's Sam (LaBeouf), a geeky high schooler whose *****in' new Camaro transforms into a talking gadget thingy too—but it's one of the good robots! But will the good robots triumph over the evil robots? Will Sam make out with a Lindsay Lohan look-alike? Will he?

The photocopy machines at Kinko's have more warmth and excitement than these cold bundles of metal who sputter out irritating pop phrases like "my bad" and "just chillin'."

And the awful writing doesn't just stop there. Bay's cadre of hacks are so self-aware of the fact that they're making a worthless action movie, they load the thing up with wink-wink, nudge-nudge jokes to the audience. Just plain annoying, instead of endearing.

The writers also try to compensate for their lack of humor by clogging the movie with coarse, casual racism: bumbling immigrants with funny accents repeatedly get in the way of brazen American soldiers trying to save the world. While this wasn't particularly shocking, or insulting, what's shockingly insulting is Bay's inability to deliver on what he was born to do. Instead, he transformed hundreds of millions of dollars into some hollow twisted junk that belongs on the scrap pile.

The 180—a Second Opinion: The robots are visually seamless, so there are some moments of nostalgia-induced excitement, seeing old cartoon characters come to life. If you like your CGI straight, without the frills of plot or humor, then you maybe be pleased with Transformers.

I've seen the movie twice now, and the 2'nd time around was even better!!! There's just so much, that it's hard to take in all at ones... But DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN they weren't kidding when they said 15 set-pieces!!! My god, this movie is just SICK!!! It amazes me, that with a film like "spider-man 3" where the battles seemed a bit forced, that TF can pull off the DOUBLE of action that is seen in spidey 3, and having it NOT seem forced!!!

For those of you who hasn't seen the film yet, I'd just like to calm you all! I KNOW that I'd be glad to hear it, so I'll say it to you guys now! The movie is every bit of as impressive as it was build up to be!!! I have never seen action quite like this!... And the photo-real look of the robots is almost scary! You will truely go like this "Jesus Christ!!! I'm not seeing this... I'm NOT seeing this!!!?!!! This is just to real looking, it ****ing hurts my eyes!!"... well, something like that:)

I wanna comment on one specific sequence in particular, that I hope will send goosebumps down your spine!!! Read, and cry! Trust me, You'll feel the hairs on your arms rise (and stay that way for a minute or so), when you see this sequence on the big screen!...
It's when the four other autobots arrive! The night before, BumbleBee drove off to send a signal out to his friends, telling them to come to earth! Emagine this. You see the four comet-like sphere's from far away, capturing both earth and the four "comets" heading towards our planet!.. And than the music starts to rise!!! The most beautiful -and I need to stress B-E-A-utiful- epic sounding music rises in the background, as the four "comets" hurls through our atmosphere! Sam, Mikeala, standing in front of the yellow Camaro looking in astonishment. One lands in a pool (which you dont really see). One at a stadium. One in a field. And the last, in the downtown area, taking out a store at the same! What is so beautiful, is seeing these "comets" crashland while this unbelievably beautiful sounding music is playing loud in the back! Seeing one of the aotubots smash down in the city, seen from inside a diner is one of the most beautiful scenes I ever saw in my life (in the movies). These saviors that rains down from above! The dark street lights up with glowing sparks of fire, a car or two flipping over, all in SLOW-MOTION as this music totally takes over!!! This peaceful, God-like, tear-dropping music that screams -We come in peace, and we will sacrifice our selfs to ensure YOUR planets future!-. I KNOW that sounds like a bunch of crap! But if you have a heart, you'll feel it too. You'd need to be one cold son of a ***** NOT to get this! I can't explain the beauty of it better than I just did here (I dont have the vocabulary!). For me, it's the absolute most beautiful and stylish part of the whole movie!.. If this didn't make you tingle all over, than trust me, the sequence it self WILL! The music and the editing of that whole thing is just dead-one!

There are specific negative things I'd like to discuss... some that was a bit hard to overcome.. but I wont get in to it until the movie has been officially released, and we dont need to worry about spoiling anything for anybody!
But all in all, I rate this movie 8 out of 10! and that's saying a lot coming from me.

all this tuff about great SFX...it what we expect from Bay movies but where is the plot, and where is anything human

Everyting in the Island looked Photo real, everything in Pearl Harbor looked Photo real as did just about everything in Armegedon

but coupled with a crazy Taxi driver screaming that Sadam Husien is attachking...and we get to the point where I hate the movie for it's bad comedy and lack of any real human characterization

Funny thing about those Rotten Tomatoes review is that almost EVERY BIG reviewing website gives this movie a thumbs up ... and the small , insignificant reviewers HATE this movie.

Take those RT ratings with a grain ( and if possible an ocean full ) of salt. I hate reviews that hate TF because Bay directed it. **** 'em , and if possible , take them offline.

TF ALL THE WAY! :trans:

all this tuff about great SFX...it what we expect from Bay movies but where is the plot, and where is anything human

Everyting in the Island looked Photo real, everything in Pearl Harbor looked Photo real as did just about everything in Armegedon

but coupled with a crazy Taxi driver screaming that Sadam Husien is attachking...and we get to the point where I hate the movie for it's bad comedy and lack of any real human characterization

I'm sorry to say this, but if THAT made you hate Armageddon, dude, you are gonna walk out of the theater when seeing TF!!! It's filled with humor.. It's like every one in that movie is a comedian...

Both Lennox, Maggie & Glen are pretty "empty" characters... I really liked Lennox though, he's cool! But credit is to be given to Shia Labeouf!!! The kid is just such a likable person! He has a great sense of comedic relief to him! and it seems to come so natural! can't wait to see him in Indiana Jones 4, next year! And he's absolutely great in the movie! His character IS human, and it's greatly shown and developed on screen... If you ask me, they should've kept the focus on him, and only him.

@Weadazoid

Wead? Weed? I think that says about enough about your ability to review and ... argh , forget it.

The bots are stripped of any personality, the humans are irritating, and there is not a single decent action sequence to behold. Not one—can you believe that? ( According to the Empire! review )

I stopped reading the review after that. Every single person who saw the movie stated the action was intense , but sometimes it could get pretty hectic. I wish they would hire real persons instead of some freaking emo wishing to cut himself ... then ... MAYBE then Empire! would finally get them **** straight.

The bots are stripped of any personality, the humans are irritating, and there is not a single decent action sequence to behold. Not one—can you believe that? ( According to the Empire! review )

I stopped reading the review after that. Every single person who saw the movie stated the action was intense , but sometimes it could get pretty hectic. I wish they would hire real persons instead of some freaking emo wishing to cut himself ... then ... MAYBE then Empire! would finally get them **** straight.

Have you seen the movie??? Just asking... Seriously, DO NOT believe this pile of crap!! and that's exactly what it is! Not one decent action sequence!!! Two seconds, I need to get down on the floor and laugh for a bit!...........................................................Ok, I'm back now! That has got to be the biggest and fattest lie in all of history! The action is UN-REAL... Everything ever seen in all other action flicks completely falls apart after seeing TF! It ****ing rules!

And I'll be totally honnest here... There's only one irritating and over-the-top-guy in this film, and that's Maggie's friend Glen... and of course frenchy, the little son of a *****-robot that bugged me just as much as Jar-Jar did in episode 1. But it's all forgivable (depends on who is looking at it). Shia's character Sam is just GREAT!!! He's so likable right from the start, and his character works like a charm! He shows great development in the third and final act!

The action IS ****ing INTENSE!!! Those were my older brothers FIRST comment when we discussed that very thing! and yes, it can get hectic... but it's aaaaaaaall good!!! Get exited buddy!!! The movie is UNREAL!:woot: :yay:

naite even with all the spoilers we know about this film, will it still be awesome or surprising?

this-is-my-friend.gif
MEGA-FOXXX.gif
doyou.gif
roll-out.gif
AUTOBOT'S TRANSFORM AND ROLL_OUT.... going to TRANSFORMERS bye everybody see you later.....

naite even with all the spoilers we know about this film, will it still be awesome or surprising?
All I can say is this! You can know all the spoilers in the world about this film... But until you see it, you haven't seen ****!!! It is beyond mindblowing what happens in this film! How the heck Bay managed to pull of what he has with a budget of 145 million is just unreal! It looks like a 300million dollar movie! Raimi and Singer could learn from this man!

The movie is as awesome as can be and beyond, action-wice. You just can't cope it, until you see it!!! the realationship between Sam and his car has Spielberg written all over it, man! It's so great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"