• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Road that P***es me off!

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
I cycle to college almost everyday. It's about a 10 minute cycle or should I say it SHOULD be a 10 minute cycle. There is a ****ing road that pisses me off and annoys the crapsticks out of me.

So first your on the a path, coming off the cycle path. You got you button to press so the lights turn green. You hit this button and you wait and wait and wait and wait until you notice 7 minutes has passed and the light is still red. But the cars to your left are not moving either because the lights ahead are red to let the traffic across the other side coming from the estate join the road , but they can't move because the traffic on the right side keeps moving. Once the light changes you may cross to the middle of the road where more traffic lights await you. The lights change to green for about 10 seconds, maybe less.

So you wait again for the lights to change, they finally do and you make it across the road, but now to get to the left side you must cross more lights. Twice I've been almost hit due to cars having no Patience, lights turn green and they still ****ing run you over. This road takes so long to cross. Who ever decided to make it so complicated should be fired. I remember 10 years ago that road was so simple to cross, not it's a monster.

Oh, you let yourself be fooled by the Placebo button.

Hovercraft maybe?.... would that be suitable..?

Find another route that avoids that intersection.

Yeah, Hoverboard.

BTTFPII! I remember as a kid in school other kids maintained that they were real.

For real.

I want to ride/own one in my lifetime, or I feel totally cheated and curse the future generations.

Trust me I feel your pain as a motor cycle driver you get a lot of lights that are sensor based and you and your bike do not weight enough to trigger the damn things.
So you are stuck waiting on another driver to show up in a car to trigger it or you run it.

There's an intersection I have to cross over the freeway, on Campo de Cahuenga. In order to cross the onramp, you have a light, but the walk symbol lights at the same time as the right arrow, so you have to HOPE and PRAY that the ass who is juggling his cell and his starbucks notices that you are there. I've nearly been hit several times and had one ass scream at me "IT'S MY LIGHT!!!!" until his woman pointed out that I had the walkie man

There's an intersection I have to cross over the freeway, on Campo de Cahuenga. In order to cross the onramp, you have a light, but the walk symbol lights at the same time as the right arrow, so you have to HOPE and PRAY that the ass who is juggling his cell and his starbucks notices that you are there. I've nearly been hit several times and had one ass scream at me "IT'S MY LIGHT!!!!" until his woman pointed out that I had the walkie man

Some people behind the wheel just don't care!

and, speaking of the walkie man, anyone else remember when the signs actually said Walk/Don't Walk? My mom was soooo mad when they went to symbols. She said it was catering to the people who refused to learn english and it was offensive

Well my estate is not going to get me to college unless it can move:oldrazz:

20050225howl4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"