The Role of the Infinity Stones in Ragnarok

I seriously, seriously doubt Heimdall has an infinity stone, of any variety. In fact, I'm more than a little vague on where this idea would even come from. Note, "has a vaguely round bit on one's armor" is *not* a good reason.

I have a bit of a theory about how both Hela and Heimdall could be tied to the Soul Stone. We know that Hela has been imprisoned for a millennia, but where exactly? She's clearly crazy powerful, so where did Odin imprison her that could successfully contain her power? In the comics, souls can actually be trapped inside the Soul Gem, so maybe Odin somehow imprisoned Hela inside the Soul Stone and then entrusted the stone to Heimdall for safekeeping, which gave him his ability to 'see a billion souls' and turned his eyes the orange colour of the stone. When Loki then started impersonating Odin, he banished Heimdall from Asgard (because he hates Heimdall and he's petty like that) and that somehow resulted in Hela escaping from the stone and then stealing it from Heimdall, blinding him and turning his eyes white like in Thor's vision.

Just an idea, I came up with it when I noticed that Hela seems to be emerging from an almost orangey coloured burst of magical energy in this short flash from the teaser trailer:

tumblr_oo78btBIy91tkcy1ko1_500.gif

I'm surprised SHH hasn't heard.

Mjolnir = Soul Gem. It's why Hela's death-touch power can destroy the warhammer's form, like when she kills someone. But she can't destroy their soul, she just kills them. Which is why the warhammer shatters.

It also explains why Vision, someone imbued with the Mind Gem, is *worthy of Mjolnir, which contains another Infinity Gem. I mean, if you noticed, Thor comes back all electrical and such, right? If you watch Mjolnir shatter, same power. As if he's the "hammer" now. People've said that one over and over, that the power was inside him all along. Not so sure that's exactly the case, though. I think he rediscovers the power and realizes he doesn't need it. I mean... If you've seen the Infinity War trailer... Nvm. No spoilers.

Not that big a grain of salt. Think of the MCU and its fusion of concepts within the original MU. Celestials have changed to being Collector, Grandmaster, Ego... And the Infinity Stones themselves... Loki's Scepter, Cosmic Cube, Aether, Eye of Agamotto... Those are all their own item of power in the MU, but in the MCU they've doubled as Infinity Stones.

Mjolnir is the Soul Stone. 80+% probability.

L5Bws4b.gif

Couldn't find the latest one, but the N is for necklace; Eye of Agamotto. H is being predicted as Heimdall... I disagree. That really doesn't make all that much sense.

I'm thinking that perhaps this movie will have none of the stones. This could be totally stand alone. But I guess some kind of tie in to Infinity War is more probable.

Well there is definently a tie in to Infinity War with the Guardians, as seen in the Infinity War Comic-Con teaser.

What is it Heimdall says?

"From here I can see Nine Realms and ten trillion souls."

I think it's a bit of a hint right there too

I think that's a *vast* stretch. We've seen not a hint of it meaning anything but the obvious figure of speech; Heimdall hasn't shown any exotic senses at all, just conventional vision and hearing with a scale of "everything".

Ugh, I hate the theory that the soul stone is in Mjolnir. The hammer is special because of the way it was created and the incredibly powerful enchantment placed on it by Odin, not because of an infinity stone. That would be really lame. And Mjolnir has no properties that would tie it to the soul stone in the first place.

Surtur has a nice orange, maybe he has it.

That's kinda because he's on fire. :cwink:

Not only does Mjolnir lack any properties, it also lacks in the *scale* of any of the Infinity Stones. Mjolnir is powerful, sure, but its nowhere near the power level we've seen for Infinity Stone feats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"