Thanos in Thor 3

I wish they had never mentioned the whole "two Gauntlets" thing. The Gauntlet's cameo in Thor was incredibly minor; I don't recall ever seeing it in any viewing of the film and it was hardly given any sort of spotlight, so they'd've been better off just laughing it off rather than convolute things.

I think it depends on whether it's a plot point or just a No-Prize explanation. If it's just an explanation, it'll be fine. Those who happened to notice it get a satisfactory explanation. Casual fans will be none the wiser since it wouldn't appear in the movie.

I think it's almost a certainty that Thanos is in this, since Brolin said he will be doing stuff for Marvel in 2016 and 2017.

Unless Gunn is lying and Thanos has a surprise cameo in Guardians 2. I'm hoping it's here, though.

Unless Gunn is lying and Thanos has a surprise cameo in Guardians 2. I'm hoping it's here, though.
I think it's really strange he's not in GOTG 2 considering the movie is about fathers. I have faith in Gunn though.

He could be thematically important without appearing. Just having Nebula and Gamorra interact reaches similar themes.

I'm just hoping if Thanos shows up he's an absolute beast.

Maybe a scene with him and Loki making a deal. Loki sort of screwed him once so he has to make a deal to save himself. Thor 3 can end with Thanos beating up Thor and Hulk after they feel like their mission was accomplished.

Loki is in debt with Thanos.
Thanos will probably scare the **** out of Loki until he makes some kind go bargain and gives up something very important. I am already thinking that he'll team up with Hela but then figure out that her plans are way to drastic to his taste. Loki will probably end up between a rock and a hard place.

He could be thematically important without appearing. Just having Nebula and Gamorra interact reaches similar themes.

it is a little weird though

imagine having a Drama film about two sisters who were abused and grew to hate each other, having to come back together to hash out their lives
if there wasn't any sort of flashback, or even the smallest glimpse of the father, that would feel really...idk... off

since this is a sequel and he was in the first film, it's not that big a deal, but as a self-contained story its kinda strange

A brief appearance to establish his interest in Hela, perhaps.

it is a little weird though

imagine having a Drama film about two sisters who were abused and grew to hate each other, having to come back together to hash out their lives
if there wasn't any sort of flashback, or even the smallest glimpse of the father, that would feel really...idk... off

since this is a sequel and he was in the first film, it's not that big a deal, but as a self-contained story its kinda strange

Flashbacks can be lazy plot devices. It's possible to do it through other ways. Look at Tom Holland's speech to Downey about why he does what he does. It conveys the heart of Uncle Ben without a flashback. I think they can do the same here.

Flashbacks can be lazy plot devices. It's possible to do it through other ways. Look at Tom Holland's speech to Downey about why he does what he does. It conveys the heart of Uncle Ben without a flashback. I think they can do the same here.

I have to disagree there. As much I don't want them to rehash his origin story for the third time, what we got lacks a hell of a lot of emotional weight, which is something the MCU hasn't been great with in the first place.

Has there been any confirmation of Thanos appearing?

Nope. Kevin Feige also said the next time Thanos appears, it's going to be him doing something impressive to demonstrate why he's so important. Not sure if that makes an appearance more or less likely but I'm starting to lean towards the latter.

I still believe this is where he's most likely to show given everything that'll be going on. And unlike GOTG 2, no one has come out and directly said Thanos won't appear.

I don't think he's in the film proper but I won't be surprised if a post credit/mid credit scene is about Thanos using the vents of the film to his advantage or if it's Thanos about to attack Asgard.

Post credits is Thanos doodling Cate Blanchett in his notebook and sighing dreamily.

Post credits is Thanos doodling Cate Blanchett in his notebook and sighing dreamily.

tumblr_n6gbjjVi3U1rrkahjo5_400.gif

Has there been any confirmation of Thanos appearing?
No confirmation. But it would make total sense for him to be dropping by Asgard after "Ragnarok" happens only to collect Loki's debt or/and take advantage of everything that is gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"