Homecoming Would you be okay with Miles Morales becoming Spider-Man after Civil War?

I say no Miles Morales at all. It should be Peter Parker and maybe Ben Reilly if they do Clone Saga but they won't.

Even though I know for comic fans hate the clone stuff more so the crap 90s peroid. I would love to see it on film some day. It make for a cool concept for film story.

There's so much aggression in this thread.

I think it's just that everyone is a little disheartened by the fact that people are actually pushing for Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker. A character that has only existed for about 4 years over the original, iconic version who has 50 years worth of storytelling.

There's so much aggression in this thread.

The idea of replacing the one and only true Spider-Man with some Johnny come lately alternate universe character tends to annoy Spider-Man fans.

It's just a terrible, terrible idea to replace Peter Parker with Miles Morales, simple as that.

I think it's a bad (although I wouldn't say terrible) idea to replace Peter Parker at all. Do you agree with that or are you specifically saying "with Miles Morales"?

The idea of replacing the one and only true Spider-Man with some Johnny come lately alternate universe character tends to annoy Spider-Man fans.
It's a little insulting actually. And this is all for the sake of "political correctness" which makes it even more irritating.

I'm a little biased of course but I wouldn't mind seeing a Spider-Man 2099 movie at some point. At least Miguel O'Hara doesn't have to be a "replacement" for Peter Parker and he would add something fresh to the MCU. Miles Morales is literally just picking up where Peter left off and Miguel exists far into the future where Peter Parker is known to have left a strong legacy.

I think it's a bad (although I wouldn't say terrible) idea to replace Peter Parker at all. Do you agree with that or are you specifically saying "with Miles Morales"?

I would say with anyone. The thread is specifically asking about Miles though. And it is a terrible idea.

again with this miles morales thing - there are plenty of alternate spidermen. if they are going to do one at all after peter parker, why should it be the one with the least comic book history?

Well, for me, it's because he's the one that comes off as the most genuine and least contrived. He also had one of Marvel's best writers in recent memory helming the series. Besides, most are clones of Peter Parker and that's not a replacement at all, actor-wise. Also, do people really want the Clone Saga to raise its ugly head?

I thought people loved the clone saga. I keep hearing people saying they want Ben Reilly and stuff.

Also, for the record, If Miles did get a TV series. It'd probably be a good thing. That'd mean Parker gets to stay in the movies and Sony can live out their Spider-Man Spin-Off fetish dream.

It's a little insulting actually. And this is all for the sake of "political correctness" which makes it even more irritating.

Which is amusing because you would still be able to have "political correctness" by simply casting a black actor as Peter Parker. So even if one could argue that's a valid reason to swap Peter with Miles, it would still be an illogical assertion.

If anything, that's what would discredit Miles as a character the most. The people making such claims are essentially indirectly admitting that he's nothing but a walking racial issue.

Logically cone on we already know it's peter. And no way marvel will change peter. If anything we might see some support or villain changed like tssm did. And what marvel studios has done already.

I have no interest in ever seeing Miles Morales.

I think it's just that everyone is a little disheartened by the fact that people are actually pushing for Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker. A character that has only existed for about 4 years over the original, iconic version who has 50 years worth of storytelling.

You two are very correct!

It's a terrible idea to replace Peter at all. The only exception for me would be a Spider-Man 2099 film, because it takes place in the far future and it's not about killing off Peter to make room for someone else. I honestly think that it's even more irritating in the case of Miles because we see so many people who are obviously not Spider-Man fans (or simply don't know a lot at all about Spider-Man) basically loudly demanding Miles and interfering with the Spider-Man films for the one purpose of pushing their agenda (in the most lazy and unoriginal way).

I would say with anyone. The thread is specifically asking about Miles though. And it is a terrible idea.

You're thinking right! ;)

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea to anything from the 2099 series. I'd much rather Miles Morales. To me, he's a character that can be handled differently than Peter Parker. Peter Parker is still Spider-Man, but he's a guy who has to live in his shadow.

It should only happen once the universe is clearly established in the same way that either Bucky Barnes or Falcon replace Steve Rogers as Captain America. The legacy is a key part of the story arc. Although I think Miles Morales benefits from the different universe and I'm curious to see how his character is handled once the Ultimate Universe is no more.

I rather see ben or miguel first then miles down the road ie like phase 5.

It should be noted that in the comics, Marvel now wants Peter and Miles to co-exist together in 616. That will presumably be the new status quo for the foreseeable future.

As a result, I think it's far more likely the MCU will just let Peter grow into an adult, and only bring in Miles when Peter can no longer fill in that teen/young adult void. Which I think is good, as we may finally get a version of Peter that's in his 30's.

Granted you could argue it would be inconsistent with other characters' ages staying static, but you have that exact same problem in the comics to begin with.

Well I said this the other day if the actor pick stays for a 6 to 9 picture deal by the time his contract ends we likely will see mcu spidey be around 25 to 28 range. Then future films with said guy if he re ups or next guy then leave spidey in ambiguous base range of 28 to 33 he is in comics.

Of course not. Peter Parker is the one true Spider-Man, and it is his character more than superficial elements like his powers and costume that have made him arguably the most popular superhero of the last 50 years.

That this poll is 94% against using Miles Morales should tell you all you need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"