The Sarah Palin Thread (You can see Russia from this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, this just in posters; Palin has released a statement saying she did the right thing by killing Christmas because Santa had been palling around with Bill Ayers. She claims he had even visited Ayers home numerous times.

:oldrazz:

Woah, this just in posters; Palin has released a statement saying she did the right thing by killing Christmas because Santa had been palling around with Bill Ayers. She claims he had even visited Ayers home numerous times.

:oldrazz:

:funny:

BRISTOL PALIN WELCOMES BABY SON
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20245389,00.html

Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, gave birth on Sunday to a healthy 7 lb., 4 oz., baby boy in Palmer, Alaska.

"We think it's wonderful," said Colleen Jones, the sister of Bristol's grandmother Sally Heath, who confirmed the news. "The baby is fine and Bristol is doing well. Everyone is excited."

The baby's name is Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston, according to Jones.

Baby Tripp takes his surname from his dad, Levi Johnston, an apprentice electrician and former Wasilla High School hockey player who has been dating Bristol for three years.

Bristol Palin is currently residing in Wasilla and completing her high-school diploma through correspondence courses.

Johnston is studying to become an electrician. He told the Associated Press in October that he and fiancée Bristol plan to wed in 2009 and raise the child together.

YEE HAW! Tripp done look like her pa!

(I guess that's one thing Sarah Palin has above Barack Obama... she was a grandmother in her forties... not too many women can lay claim to that one)

YEE HAW! Tripp done look like her pa!

(I guess that's one thing Sarah Palin has above Barack Obama... she was a grandmother in her forties... not too many women can lay claim to that one)

I've also heard that Bristol was offered upwards of $300,000 for pictures of the baby. :wow:

Ugh. These people are still getting media coverage? They're Alaska's answer to the Beverly Hillbillies and I really don't care if Jethro and Ellie Mae had an illegitimate lovechild.

jag

Ugh. These people are still getting media coverage? They're Alaska's answer to the Beverly Hillbillies and I really don't care if Jethro and Ellie Mae had an illegitimate lovechild.

jag

Oh they're still talking about the 'marriage bug' (well, everyone besides them is speaking FOR them) so I'm sure the Palin family will cling to every last bit of media coverage that they can.

Oh they're still talking about the 'marriage bug' (well, everyone besides them is speaking FOR them) so I'm sure the Palin family will cling to every last bit of media coverage that they can.

"Last" bit of coverage? Didn't you get the memo? Sarah's going to run for President in 2012, cuz gosh darnit, people like her! :hehe:

I really feel that's a mistake on their part, particularly if Sarah still has national political aspirations. If she was smart, she'd drop off the face of the earth for 18-24 months and let the fervor die down a bit while focusing on really knocking her responsibilities as Governor of Alaska out of the park, and then come back and rebuild her public image as being wiser and no longer the naive person she's perceived as on a national level while making a run at a Senate seat or something. As it stands, every story that comes out about these people just makes them seem like backwards, backwoods rednecks.

jag

I really feel that's a mistake on their part, particularly if Sarah still has national political aspirations. If she was smart, she'd drop off the face of the earth for 18-24 months and let the fervor die down a bit while focusing on really knocking her responsibilities as Governor of Alaska out of the park, and then come back and rebuild her public image as being wiser and no longer the naive person she's perceived as on a national level while making a run at a Senate seat or something. As it stands, every story that comes out about these people just makes them seem like backwards, backwoods rednecks.

jag

If it walks like a duck...and quacks like a duck...then...

I find it interesting that there are those on this thread who STILL cares about Sarah Palin, especially since the juvenile arguments (as opposed to the legitamate ones) against her are so, well, stupid. It simply shows a type of class that is no better than the "white trash" mentality some accuse the Palins of displaying. And rather than moving forward, some people want to replay the same politics we just go through deliberating. Boring, and pathetically sad.

I may not agree with Sarah Palin's politics, but she is certainly a classier lady than the people who tend to start these inane threads.

O.

I find it interesting that there are those on this thread who STILL cares about Sarah Palin, especially since the juvenile arguments (as opposed to the legitamate ones) against her are so, well, stupid. It simply shows a type of class that is no better than the "white trash" mentality some accuse the Palins of displaying. And rather than moving forward, some people want to replay the same politics we just go through deliberating. Boring, and pathetically sad.

I may not agree with Sarah Palin's politics, but she is certainly a classier lady than the people who tend to start these inane threads.

O.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion.

O.

Yes, because implying that a then-Senator and now-President elect was a terrorist through guilt by association is SUCH
a classy move on her part. :whatever: If you ask me, considering the nasty things she said about him, Obama's the one who is classy. He never once said a bad thing about that woman despite all the garbage she lobbed at him.

O.

Excuse me? SHE is the one who so gleefully jumped into the public spotlight. SHE is the one who's shamelessly tried to hold on to that spotlight. SHE is the one making overtures towards the Presidential race in 2012. SHE is the one that even the White House aides (and a good portion of the RNC) are throwing under the bus without hesitation at every opportunity. I wouldn't say this is replaying the same politics at all. I would, however, say that this is definitely a case of people NOT wanting the same politics from this past race to play out all over again in 2012 courtesy of Sarah Palin. There is nothing classy about Sarah Palin at all and the fact that a whole lot of folks from both sides of the political aisle feel that way about her speaks infinitely louder than what you have written above.

jag

Excuse me? SHE is the one who so gleefully jumped into the public spotlight. SHE is the one who's shamelessly tried to hold on to that spotlight. SHE is the one making overtures towards the Presidential race in 2012. SHE is the one that even the White House aides (and a good portion of the RNC) are throwing under the bus without hesitation at every opportunity. I wouldn't say this is replaying the same politics at all. I would, however, say that this is definitely a case of people NOT wanting the same politics from this past race to play out all over again in 2012 courtesy of Sarah Palin. There is nothing classy about Sarah Palin at all and the fact that a whole lot of folks from both sides of the political aisle feel that way about her speaks infinitely louder than what you have written above.

jag

Well said, Jag.
icon14.gif

O.

She's anything but classy. Anyone who shoots live animals from a plane for fun or married a man who believes the United States is inferior is not what I would classify as a person in good taste. And the words I used to describe her come from Republican strategists who worked for her. Palin's family is the Alaskan equivalent of the Clampets, with a snowmobile and downright awful names thrown in the mix. Moreover, this shotgun wedding between the sexy Levi Johnston and Bristol "Abstinence-Only Education worked for me!" Palin further proves this is a disorganized clan of tundra hillbillies.

Yes, because implying that a then-Senator and now-President elect was a terrorist through guilt by association is SUCH
a classy move on her part. :whatever: If you ask me, considering the nasty things she said about him, Obama's the one who is classy. He never once said a bad thing about that woman despite all the garbage she lobbed at him.

I think you misunderstood my POINT. The person who started this thread was taking issue of Palin's character because of her PERSONAL life. I felt offended in the same way when the Republicans wrongly, in my opinion, impeached Clinton for getting a BJ. I felt that had NOTHING to do with public policy, and felt that the matter should have been dropped from the get-go. Obama's association, as underhanded as they are, was legitimately scrutinized in the context on the "War on Terrorism". Ayers has had a history of being anti-American, as was Rev. Wright. And both, after 9/11, concluded that it was America's fault that the terrorist attacks on the WTC occured (you know, "Chickens are coming home to roost" comment?). That, to me, deals with the crux of Obama's political philosophy: will Obama be aggressive against Islamic extremism in the world? How much influence do these men have on Obama, since they were responsible for much of his early political career in the Chicago area.

Ultimately, I voted for Obama because McCain's performance after Obama got the nomination. One of the defining moments for me was when I learned McCain had picked Sarah Palin as his running mate AFTER TWO MEETINGS. That shows a lack of character on McCain's part (ie. shooting from the hip), whereas Obama took the time to deliberate his decisions during the campaign. And after eight years of Bush II simply being "the Decider", for once, I want a president whom I can call "The Thinker". As for Sarah Palin, not once did she attack Obama's personal life. Hell, you read Obama's books, and you can easily pick out some events in his life that are queationable (such as the time when he was going through his "anti-white" phase). So, on the merits of the issue and performance, not on Palin's personal life (which the Media attacked BEFORE Palin opened her mouth on issues to Gibson and Couric), I felt that the McCain campaign was not worthy of winning the US Presidency. Hence, I gave my vote to Obama.

And call me "old school", but I don't find it manly for a man to attack woman because of her "family drama". It just seems so...wussy to me. But that's just my opinion.

O.

Oh please.

A politician's private life deserves to be called into question. It especially deserves to be called into question when the politician at hand had less than twenty months worth of experience before being thrust into the national spotlight. Even more so, it deserves to be called into question the same exact politician dared to push for abstinence only education (which didn't work on her daughter), dared to criticize Barack Obama for his shady connections (when she is married to a secessionist and actively sought the AIP's endorsement in 2006), and governed a state with the biggest drug and rape problem, percentage-wise (after having forced rape victims to pay for treatment which most other states pay for).

Also, this isn't an issue of manhood, so don't even go there or you will open something you will gladly wish you didn't.

*prepares Hype! Politico Thunderdome*

This round...Ocramed vs...well, everyone else.

*let the decent into Sarah Palin Thread 2.0 begin*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"