The Sarah Palin Thread: 'Controversial Controversy' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...

The judge JUST HAPPENED to stop by on his way home from mass, it is very doubtful that the shooter even knows who he is.....

The shooter went to one other Congress On The Corner, and was pissed off at Congresswoman Giffords because she answered one of his questions in Spanish at that particular meeting.... that was probably the trigger that began his obsession with her....that was I believe in 2007, long before anyone had ever heard of Palin, or the Tea Party.....he is simply a derranged, bigoted, psychopathic young man.....that should have in the 5x he was contacted by police been put into 72 hour long down for psychiatric evaluation....

He was a registered Independent, that did not vote in the 2010 election....

He has no idea where he stands politically, only that he was pissed off at the fact that this woman did not speak English to him.....he is OBSESSED with grammar and English.....he is crazy, plain and simple.

I have to agree with what was said before. There was definitely political motivation behind this. You don't go to a political met and greet without some political inclination. You don't own Karl Marx and Hitler writing without that inclination. Sure, he first got obsessed with her in 2007, but that's three years of hearing things like "they're taking our jobs", "lock and load", and the like, which he's undoubtedly heard, which is why people are questioning particular rhetoric.

The part in bold, where have you heard all that? I thought motives haven't been released yet.

What it basically boils down to is that Sarah Palin can dish it out but can't take it. This woman is one of the most oblivious, self-righteous people I think I've ever seen. She can drum up lie after lie after lie. She can invoke god and guns. She can tell people that they shouldn't retreat, but reload. She can go off on all of these hate-filled tangents...BUT GOD FORBID SOMEONE ACTUALLY CALL HER OUT ON ALL OF HER CRAP!

The fact of the matter is that no one is blaming her for the arizona massacre. People are calling her out for the over-the-top and dangerous rhetoric that she has pretty much used since day one. People are using the massacre as a means of discussing the rhetoric and political discourse in this country. And while Loughner may have been 'just another crazy', turning this horrible event into an opportunity to change the rhetoric and discourse in this country is not something that should be frowned upon.

It seems to me that the only ones who are upset and defensive over this are the ones who have been pushing such a dangerous rhetoric to begin with.

Exactly. I watched the last half hour of Beck on Tuesday night, and he was just slathering the issue with sarcasm. And blaming the media for using Christina Green to push their agenda while at the same time HE uses Christina Green to push his agenda.

I have to agree with what was said before. There was definitely political motivation behind this. You don't go to a political met and greet without some political inclination. You don't own Karl Marx and Hitler writing without that inclination. Sure, he first got obsessed with her in 2007, but that's three years of hearing things like "they're taking our jobs", "lock and load", and the like, which he's undoubtedly heard, which is why people are questioning particular rhetoric.

The part in bold, where have you heard all that? I thought motives haven't been released yet.

We have no idea whether or not he owned either book, or has read either book....that will never be known. What we do know is that this was not his first encounter with her, he kept the letter from that encounter of her thanking him for coming to the meeting. We know that he has had 5 encounters with the police 2 for various drug related reasons, and 3 with campus police and problems in the classroom. We know that many felt he was capable of bringing a gun to class, and causing VT #2.

We do not know if he heard the "lock and load" comment, as far as "they are taking our jobs" that has been in the political realm for as long as he has been alive.

We also know that according to people that knew him, politics was not a part of his daily life...

We also know that his age is one where mental problems show their violent side more often than any other, and if there is a violent nature to their psychosis, that is the age that it normally shows....

IMO, his mental instability would have come about in a violent manner anywhere, a classroom (we know that this is where most of his behavior was seen), the workplace (we know that he could not hold down a job anywhere, even at an animal shelter he walked the dogs in areas that was unsafe for the dog, and was told several times not to do it, but did it anyway and ended up getting fired....they said it was like he could not comprehend what they were asking him to do), in the offices where you get work....he took in a video camera at one point and totally freaked the people out there....and was asked to leave. This type of violence from him could have happened anywhere, it just so happened he chose Congresswoman Giffords....there are several instances where celebrities, charismatic people were singled out for one reason or another.

So as far as motives not being released.....we may never know his true motives....I'm simply taking the "facts" that are known and basing my opinion on those...

I don't understand why Palin didn't utilize Hannity more in '08. He should have been her first VP interview.

She wasn't making the decisions....

That's a logical choice for them.....I'm sure they will enjoy her speech.

Meh.....she can say whatever she wants, just like the rest of us....the media just needs to stop obsessing over her. Give me a platform, and hell yeah I stand up on it and rant....take away her microphone and look................no more Palin.

I swear she was on Hannity the other day, so I definitely stayed away from his show that night, and I'll be damned within minutes of her first words it was being shown on every damn news show out there.....

2) She should have come out and condemned the actions and called for unity. By becoming angry, defensive and going on the attack of her favorite target, "the media," despite however justified she personally felt, was a terrible idea. She made her response all about her and not the victims. By doing this she has enshrined her name and political legacy/baggage to this tragedy for the rest of her career.

There's a classic "boy who cried wolf" thing here (or girl who cried wolf, but i digress). Literally all she does every day is whine about the media. Here's a case where you could say she has a real legitimate greviance, but because of the endless nature of her complaints... well it's Tuesday, another day of Palin whining about the media.

The other problem Palin has is that she has no real "method" or "mechanism" to improve her standing really. Since she is not in any elected office, she can't really hang her hat on any legislative achievement, bills, or policy. Obama's been able to nudge his approval up by hitting a few (relatively) centrist achievements during the lame duck, and using the "presidency" office in post-Tuscon wake. For Palin it's basically publicity stunts and facebook/tweets. which make news, but again come off as punditry and nothing else. She's basically a Rush Limbaugh type now.

Last edited:
I am still trying to figure out how Palin was not a victim of Tucson when people of great prominence in this country, like Paul Krugman, were holding her responsible for the shooting in spite of the reality being she had no role what-so-ever.

Meh.....she can say whatever she wants, just like the rest of us....the media just needs to stop obsessing over her. Give me a platform, and hell yeah I stand up on it and rant....take away her microphone and look................no more Palin.

I swear she was on Hannity the other day, so I definitely stayed away from his show that night, and I'll be damned within minutes of her first words it was being shown on every damn news show out there.....

I think Colbert said basically the same thing last night:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...011/mika-brzezinski-experiences-palin-fatigue

:lmao:

For such an insignificant individual, Palin sure gets a lot of attention at SHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"