Transformers The Score In The Transformers Teaser

DC & Marvel

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=776

It's more than meets the eye, and won't be in theaters until July 4, 2007 - but today at the Sony Scoring Stage, composer Steve Jablonsky recorded music for the theatrical teaser to the new Michael Bay film, Transformers.

Orchestrator Bruce Fowler conducted a 59-piece orchestra through the 90-second teaser, which uses dissonant string glissandos, brass and a female choir to provide tension building up to a dramatic climax that includes a hint at a theme.

Score engineer Frank Wolf made sure that the pre-recorded elements, including ambient music design by Mel Wesson, were mixed in nicely with the choir, strings, and brass.

The melody heard in the teaser isn't necessarily the theme for the film - they're still shooting the movie. However, Jablonsky is pretty sure that he'll utilize it somewhere in the score, due to be recorded next year.

The theatrical teaser to Transformers will be unleashed on July 4, 2006, but if you can't; wait to hear what Jablonsky came up with, be sure to visit the official website, you can hear some of the synth version of his teaser music.

I just hope atleast somewhere in the score there is an illusion to "more than meets the eye."

That would be dumb..just so dumb..

That's like Superman saying, "Up, up, and AWAY!!!" in SR.
I'de walk out of that film...either of the two.

anubiscomplex said:
That would be dumb..just so dumb..

That's like Superman saying, "Up, up, and AWAY!!!" in SR.
I'de walk out of that film...either of the two.

I think MagicPrime was talking about a vibe or feel of more than meets the eye than actually having that line in the movie or trailers. Such as the score/music giving a feeling of something hidden.

WalkingDead said:
I think MagicPrime was talking about a vibe or feel of more than meets the eye than actually having that line in the movie or trailers. Such as the score/music giving a feeling of something hidden.

I think a subtle, slow, melodic violin riff of the original cartoon's melody (the melody being sung in the original cartoon's opening theme) would be cool.... and trigger "memories" in a lot of Gen X'ers.

However, I seem to remember a DIFFERENT chant driven instrumental theme used in commercials and the latter Season 2 or 3 cartoons (or was it used at the end credits?) which had techno-esque "hah... hah... hah..." chant in the background. If they could work in that chant, it would be awesome.

At one point-- from what I remember- that chant was the most recognizable Transformers "theme." Unfortunately, I'm not convinced the makers of this movie are delving that deep into their homework.

50 bucks says they completely ignore the original theme when composing the movie soundtrack. This IS Hollywood we're talking about.

CFlash said:
However, I seem to remember a DIFFERENT chant driven instrumental theme used in commercials and the latter Season 2 or 3 cartoons (or was it used at the end credits?) which had techno-esque "hah... hah... hah..." chant in the background. If they could work in that chant, it would be awesome.

The "ah-ah-ah-ah" chant was from the 3rd Season Ending/Outro.
It would be interesting to hear that Outro redone with a larger choir and given more volume and presence.

ComicKoryn said:
50 bucks says they completely ignore the original theme when composing the movie soundtrack. This IS Hollywood we're talking about.
Well supposedly according to Don Murphy, at least at one time, they were going to try to include a version of the original melody for the movie. It would just be instrumental. A rumor said it would be used to play over the Opening and Ending credits...but that was a rumor that I think was proven false.

WalkingDead said:
The "ah-ah-ah-ah" chant was from the 3rd Season Ending/Outro.
It would be interesting to hear that Outro redone with a larger choir and given more volume and presence.

I remember it was somewhat haunting... and definately cool. Very "techno" years before techno became popular. Gotta find an mp3 of it just to refresh my memory.

And, while I'm sure you're 100% correct... I seem to remember it being in the toy commercials way before it was adopted by the Season 3 toons. But, I dunno. It could be a "false memory." :-)

CFlash said:
I remember it was somewhat haunting... and definately cool. Very "techno" years before techno became popular. Gotta find an mp3 of it just to refresh my memory.:-)

PM Me and I'll email you an MP3 of the Outro.

Thankyou WalkingDead, thats exactly what i meant. Not actually saying that, but just the riff and tone of those notes like they were sang. The music "saying" the words like they used too.

MagicPrime said:
Thankyou WalkingDead, thats exactly what i meant. Not actually saying that, but just the riff and tone of those notes like they were sang. The music "saying" the words like they used too.

I wholeheartedly agree.

it just isn't right not to have some more than meets the eye themes in there. it's just not right...

sniff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"