Clone Wars The Season 5 Discussion Thread

James

Built from Lego
Reaction score
Unsurprisingly, I am loving season 5. Warning, this will be slightly spoilerific if you're not up to date:

A lot of people on the Clone Wars Facebook page seem to whine about the most recent story arc, the war on Onderon, but I've enjoyed it. I like Lux, and I thought Ahsoka's crush on him, and more so Anakin's reaction to that, was really interesting. One thing I found very odd was Ahsoka smiling when Steela kissed Lux. Up until that point all we'd ever seen is Ahsoka frowning and looking miserable every time Steela so much as put a hand on Lux's shoulder...unless I missed something, that seemed like a really sudden and unexplained change in Ahsoka's attitude.

Maul and his brother, Savage, have been really fun. It's undoubtedly silly that they bought Maul back and gave him a brother, but the show is so well written it's easy to ignore the absurdity. I like that Maul made himself the top dog almost immediately and I like that he's a little bit nuts after his time living in the hole. The best thing about Maul and Savage is how well they're portraying them as total monsters -even Obi Wan is shaking in his boots and that guy is pretty laid back!

This is haping up to be a great season, perhaps the best. Haven't seen the Oderon arc closing episode yet, but if it's as good as the rest, great. I think Ahsoka's reaction may be justified by her having taken heed of Anakin's (ironic, in retrospect) advice?

Onderon arc was great. Each episode much better than the previous one. The final part was very action packed and emotional. This season has been terrific so far. Can't wait to see Yoda showing some younglings how to harvest crystals and build their lightsabers this Saturday!

It's been another great season, but they need to end this terrorist arc. I need more Emperor/Maul/Savage duels. :)

Season 5 has started really well and I can't wait for the big Obi/Maul/Sidious/Mandos arc. :D

Two previews for this weeks ep which looks like it will be a good one, already digging the Wookie Padawan. :woot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT09XiL3aUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNdYaQQD14g

I thought this weeks ep was the Clovis story with this sequence!

2lsd7vl.gif

I'm behind due to computer issues :csad:, but looking forward to catching up. I'm enjoying the season so far, and of course i'm more than curious about Sidious' upcoming involvement :woot:

I've only seen the first episode of the season so far lol. I liked the episode though, and can't wait to see the rest of the seaon. Maul, and Savage, Sidious, and a ton of Mando's!

Hopefully this season will continue and not disappear ala DC Nation, in light of Disney buying Lucasfilm...

Now that was a great episode! Like how each youngling's search was tied to an important lesson. Look forward to this arc! Then again, Yoda is my favorite character. :cwink:

Wow...i never thougt it would be,but this was my Favorite Episode of Season 5 so far.....the little Ithorian looked like E.T. at times..lol

I love when we get glimpses into Jedi training

Neat little stand alone ep with a simple message and a cool look inside the Jedi training, I wouldn't mind seeing something akin to this in the new movie.

The Wookie youngling Gungi was awesome. :D

I love when they do the little off-shoot episodes. Focusing on the smaller picture. Chances are we'll see the characters again, knowing this show. I like the little glimpse of Plo Koon recruiting Ahsoka in the beginning.

Too bad this isn't a Season 1 episode so we could follow the development of some of these younglings ala what they did with some clones from "Rookies." It could make some powerful episodes when they meet their ultimate fate. Though, they are doing a good job for some background Jedi from the movies, such as Plo-Koon, to build up sympathy for the ultimate Order 66 direction of the series.

Do you think the series will end with Order 66? That would be a heck of a downer ending.

Do you think the series will end with Order 66? That would be a heck of a downer ending.

Faloni has talked about maybe showing some of Order 66. Obviously there were Clones that disobeyed, and helped the Jedi. I can't help, but hope they show this. They have already shown the clones disobey orders they felt was wrong so I think we may get to see it in Order 66. Having watched the clone wars, old and new cartoon, it still doesn't set right that in ROTS Cody would just shoot Obi-wan like that. I want to see that expanded and see some aftermath of Cody having to deal with that.

Faloni has talked about maybe showing some of Order 66. Obviously there were Clones that disobeyed, and helped the Jedi. I can't help, but hope they show this. They have already shown the clones disobey orders they felt was wrong so I think we may get to see it in Order 66. Having watched the clone wars, old and new cartoon, it still doesn't set right that in ROTS Cody would just shoot Obi-wan like that. I want to see that expanded and see some aftermath of Cody having to deal with that.

It may be interesting that Cody follows Obi-Wan, who is more by the book. If they show this a bit more, it could set up Cody's betrayal of Obi-Wan well.

When was the last time Cody was in an episode? I wonder if the reason he's not featuring is that they want to keep him and Obi-Wan far apart as they don't intend to write anything regarding Cody feeling guilty or intentionally missing Obi-Wan when he shoots at him in ROTS.

I've always imagined that they will cover a POV of Order 66 we haven't seen, namely the fates of Rex and Ahsoka, as the final episode of the series.

its so awesome that there is a thread for just the Clone Wars

That's interesting, because I've never thought that Order 66 was something the clones had a choice in. To me it seemed like something that was ingrained into them, something they never knew about that was kind of 'planted' into their genetic make up secretly. When they order comes, almost like a kind of hypnotism, they just can't help themselves, and follow it without question. Once it's over they probably wondered what the heck just happened.

Finally, they dealt with the saber crystals!

I only watched the 1st episode, did Maul appear again?

I wasn't too fond of the Onderon epic,but I loved the last episode.I would enjoy seeing more of yoda training the younglings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"