Clone Wars The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Yeah, I prefer arcs with the Jedi at the forefront but I'm enjoying this current arc.

The hell is happening in Season 5? Hondo's a bad guy now?

Well i still think he has a stronger bond with Rex, a clone who saved his life and fought side by side with him many times than with a bunch of kids he rarely saw anyways.

He lived with them in the Jedi temple and they looked up and respected him, I wouldn't say he rarely saw them. Not to mention he tried to choke out his wife, the whole reason he turned to evil not long after, and as Vader he was known for killing his officers for making small mistakes.

The thing that surprised me with Hondo was that he was willing to kill the younglings.

I'd like more focus on Anakin And Obi-Wan,that's for sure.

The Clone-centric stories can be pretty good,but I like the Jedi stuff the most.

Personally, I love all the side stuff. The only episodes that really grate on me, and thankfully there are very few of them, are the ones that focus on politics. Holy hell, what a snooze fest. My favorite's are the ones that focus solely on the clones. I can honestly take or leave the Jedi stuff, it's fun, but if they remained side characters I would be fine with it. Everything else Star Wars ever puts out tends to focus on the Jedi, it's nice to something of quality that puts the attention elsewhere- especially when it's a bunch of bad ass clones :D

I just watched today's episode. Who knew carnivals and circuses existed in the GFFA?

Cool final part to the arc, I loved the look on Gungi's face when his Lightsaber came together and the rescue of Ahsoka was a bit like Jabbas Palace in ROTJ.

One thing I do wonder is who was the person Hondo was gonna sell Ahsoka to? someone that wanted a female Jedi dead or alive that wasn't connected to the Republic or the Separatists.

One thing I do wonder is who was the person Hondo was gonna sell Ahsoka to? someone that wanted a female Jedi dead or alive that wasn't connected to the Republic or the Separatists.

The Black Sun?

And was this really the last part of the arc? I could've sworn it was a 4 parter? The sooner, the better for me. It was pretty decent but where's the Clone action this season? Get on with it already

Yeah,I wonder if that's something that's gonna come up in the future?

Something tells me that the Jedi might have hired Hondo's services to test the Younglings. And man that Petro kid is annoying. Shades of the Dark Side in that boy!!! :p

I has assumed it was the circus, but I guess that doesn't make too much sense.

I really enjoyed this episode. Having some great space battle action, can never get enough of that. Clone action, light sabre fight, General Grievous, it was all grand. I also really like the Wookie's light sabre, the coolest one by far.

FVD, you're a Kiwi too? :D

This was a great Episode today......
Slave 1 with OT Painting

^Yeah, that was a great touch. I remember seeing in one of the early episodes that Hondo had a high respect for Jango and always thought he's the one where Boba got his colors from. I figured there'd be some sort of relationship between the two and this is a good start in foreshadowing something for down the line.

Loved this ep, the chase through the canyon with Grievous on his new speeder jetbike, the awesome Ahsoka vs Grievous duel and then Slave 1 to the rescue! :D I also really liked the little scene between R2 and the Battled Droids.

This was a fun little arc that showcased a part of Jedi lore not put on film before and also expanded Hondo and introduced a cool new Droid in Hyuang, as well as featuring some good action.

The Black Sun?

They are in this season and would be the most exciting option.

Yeah,I wonder if that's something that's gonna come up in the future?

I hope so as that will mean Hondo back in the mix. :D

Jabba, maybe?

Jabba has already featured so I don't see them keeping him a secret.

I'd thought that at first as well, but they were clearly more scared of Hondo than they other way around.

I really enjoyed this episode. Having some great space battle action, can never get enough of that. Clone action, light sabre fight, General Grievous, it was all grand. I also really like the Wookie's light sabre, the coolest one by far.

FVD, you're a Kiwi too? :D

Why James yes I am! In the US on holiday atm! :)

Awesome :D

That was a great episode and fantastic ending to the story arc. I was glad that Hondo became likable again. I think it would be interesting to see the futures of those younglings. In particular I'd like to see the nasal voiced girl turn to a life of piracy somehow, it was hinted at pretty heavily.

I think Hondo has quickly become a favorite character of mine, up there with Cad Bane and Grievous.

One little moment I really, really liked this episode was the look on Ahsoka's face after her duel with Grievous. She looked at the ship, looked back at Grievous. It was clear she was trying to decide whether to fight or run. This arc has really given me a whole new respect for Ahsoka, who I previously didn't think much of one way or the other.

The duel between GG and Ahsoka was great, not choreography-wise, but dramatically. Great episode, really enjoyed the kids, and I hate kids in movies, TV etc.

Not a big fan of this weeks episode even though I like the Astromechs. I don't think it was a stand alone though as I think this is the start of the arc featuring the Republic Commando.

Not a big fan of this weeks episode even though I like the Astromechs. I don't think it was a stand alone though as I think this is the start of the arc featuring the Republic Commando.

Ditto...I'm not usually a fan of the adventures of R2 and/or C-3PO, but this one had its moments...really liked the Pit Droid and the little slug colonel.

As soon as this episode started I was pretty much waiting for it to be over. If R2 had got more screen time I might have enjoyed it more, the rest of the cast was definitely not my cup of tea. The colonel was alright, but 'Whack' (sp?) was really annoying and the other droids were completely forgettable. I don't mind an episode that puts it's focus on droids, but I'd barely put this one above the politic-centric stories in terms of being entertaining.

A shame too, the intro and promise of a heist style story was pretty exciting, the cast killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"