The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' started by James, Oct 31, 2012.

1. James

James Built from Lego

I mentioned Plo Koon in the Rebels thread, assuming the character would show up because he's Filoni's favorite. DarthSkywalker then reminded me 'Koon was killed during Episode III as part of Order 66. Bummer! Given the way he died I think it's unlikely we'll be seeing him again, I'm holding out hope for Ahsoka though!

2. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Sure he "died" but hey, Maul came back I'm sure if Filoni wants it enough Plo Koon will be running around too hehe.

3. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Me too, most importantly I feel finishing up Rex's arc is a must, other characters don't need a resolution as such as they can quite logically pop up in the new show, but how Rex reacts to Order 66 is something only this show can give us resolution on.

4. Drakepool

Drakepool Well-Known Member

Rex as a traitorous clone on the run, perhaps?

5. Asteroid-Man

Asteroid-Man Ham Sammiches

I'm just gonna come out and say I hated Ahsoka. She was insolent, and the way the show wrote it, she was vindicated in every one of her actions. Also, how the hell did she go toe-to-toe with so many baddies that Obi-Wan and Anakin struggle to duel?

6. James

James Built from Lego

Mad skillz.

7. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

I always got a feeling that Rex would be one of the few (if not the only) clone that would question Order 66. I thought in the end he would either walk away (either faking his death or simply telling Anakin he had to leave) or be killed questioning the order. I was really hoping to see Order 66 from the pov of the clones in this show, but i guess that's just gonna continue to be my wish :csad:

I didnt hate Ahsoka, but i do agree that at times she mas made to be this little super jedi that could get a bit annoying.

8. James

James Built from Lego

It's funny because I'm not sure they've ever clarified, but I always thought Order 66 was something the Clones couldn't disobey. Like it was one of a long list of special orders implanted in their brains during their creation, just like an automatic robotic response. Perhaps afterward they would be like "What have I done?!" but at the time their eyes glaze over and they just follow the order.

Unless of course the Clone in question was defective in that manner, or part of a batch that was made before the order-implants were installed. In any case I've never felt like they had any real choice in the matter, to the point where the Clones weren't aware those orders even existed inside them until the word is given. This reasoning always made a lot more sense to me than soldiers who've fought side by side with the Jedi for years, in some cases even forming friendships, suddenly and unquestionably opening fire just because Palpatine told them too. One would also imagine, during all that time, at least one Clone would have made mention of Order 66 to a Jedi if the Clones were aware of it.

9. the dmg

the dmg The Funky Homosapien

The way the film presents the execution of Order 66 made it seem that way initially, but it's part of a longer list of order for the clones to carry out.

This one specifically deals with the Jedi and using lethal force if they attempt to overthrow the Republic, which is how Palpatine played it out when he went in front of the Senate to show what the Jedi "did" to him.

Jedi probably knew of the order, but they wouldn't find reason for it to be initiated because of their alignment.

10. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

Well, originally i thought this might be the case, but after watching CW the way i see it clones were made to follow orders (obviously) but we've seen some are prone to not obey when they think something is wrong. I thought the whole Krell storyline was very interesting in that sense, and that other episode where a clone simply left and got married. So the line's a bit more blurred to me now, and i do think there's a possibility that some could disobey it.

Also, i remember someone saying (i think it was Lucas) that the clone kinda takes the traits of the jedi he works with, which is why we see Cody more of a proper clone while Rex can be a bit more of a rebel who thinks outside the box because of his relationship with Anakin.

I havent read anything official about it anywhere so i could be mistaken, but i believe i read somewhere is that the jedi didnt know about Order 66 because it wasnt pre-programmed like the others. That it was something that Palpatine added later, as a last resort kinda thing. I cant remember the source at all though, so again this is not certain.

11. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Are these arcs gonna be in this season 5 that is being released?

12. Doc Ock

Nope, just Season Five episodes. :(

13. Spider-Gnome

Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

I believe I have thought up a reason why the Season 6 supplement will not be with the new sets coming out. As pointed out by thedigital bits.com, this was announced by Lucasfilm & Warner Home Video. Disney is probably holding these up so they don't have to share profits with Warner Brothers, I'm guessing. I could be wrong though.

14. roach

roach I am the night

Same way Luke Skywalker was able to hold his own with a little bit of training against someone that had a life time of training (Vader).

15. Asteroid-Man

That's completely different. Luke is INSANELY powerful. AND he's directly connected to Vader. It effects him.

16. OnTheAir

OnTheAir Papa Spank

17. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

A Filoni interview about season 5, part 1: http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/in...-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-five-part-1/

18. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

Had to split it in 2, here's the rest of it:

19. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Excellent interview!:up:

20. Doc Ock

I was just looking for some thoughts from Dave just moments ago! Thanks Bim!

21. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

22. michael1975

michael1975 Well-Known Member

Really I love Ahsoka character. Also I loved the last two ep of Season 5 that was hands down my top favorite ep. I only hope when season 6 is release they do two things. The first to show her final fate and end the show where ep 3 starts.

23. Asteroid-Man

They already did both of those really. She leaves the Jedi Order, and the last episode of CW (the traditional animated series) ties into episode 3. They won't re-make that stream of episodes from Season 3 of CW in TCW season 6.

24. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

Has a anyone else seen the netflix release ?

25. Nathan_Koren

Nathan_Koren Mandalorian/Force Adept

Im watching Secret Weapons lol. R2 and a team of droids! The one droid walks into a wall made me lol. and the other droids just move past him. haha. oh man. :) TCW has a lot of cool, interesting and funny moments :D