The Second Sight Appreciation Thread

Sabretooth

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm bored,and with some of these threads dedicated to past games,thought I'd make a thread about one of my personal favorites--Second Sight.

Second Sight follows the sombre story of John Vattic,who wakes up and finds himself in a hospital bed. Having no idea where he is or what the hell has happened to him,Vattic is determined to get answers. Along his journey,John discovers psychic powers and mysterious flashbacks (which have more behind them than you might think.....)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ebbj39mgwTM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wKBF_S8wlT4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3m46n-QO2bw

Discuss this sorely underappreciated gem.:up:

Secondsightbox.jpg

I was tempted to pick this up when I saw it used at EB a few weeks ago. I loved loved LOVED "Psi Ops", and heard this is a lot like it.

...maybe I should get it...

Sucks that it doesn't have achievements. lol

Get it dude,it really is an amazing game and has one of the most intriguing stories I've seen in video games for a while.

Visually it wasn't that appealing to me. I might give it a chance again but I dunno, I haven't seen a copy in a while.

I was suprised at how the cartoony rendering somehow still fit with the game. For me,anyway...

I read about it just now. Sounds pretty interesting. I'll snag it at Gamestop on Monday if they have a copy near my apartment.

What can you unlock in the game?

Addendum said:
I read about it just now. Sounds pretty interesting. I'll snag it at Gamestop on Monday if they have a copy near my apartment.

What can you unlock in the game?
A few arcade mini-games. But other than that,nothing much. Or do you mean powers?

You know. Like some games you can unlock extras- more difficulties, movies, artwork. Stuff like that.

I just checked Gamestop's website and the one near my apartment has 1-3 copies. I'll grab one Monday.

Dude. I just went to the game's website. Pretty sweet game. This is a definite must-get

I would expect a thread like this from the likes of Gamera... but not you, Sabretooth.

WhatsHisFace said:
I would expect a thread like this from the likes of Gamera... but not you, Sabretooth.
His buddy THWIP* was the one who convinced me to get this game,actually.:o

This game will never come close to PSI OPS, that was one of the greatest games I have ever played.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
This game will never come close to PSI OPS, that was one of the greatest games I have ever played.
I never played PSI OPS so I wouldn't know.

Sabretooth said:
I never played PSI OPS so I wouldn't know.

Oh, I wasn't trying to be an ******* I was just saying PSI OPS was amazing, best psychic game I have ever played. I think I might pick up Second Sight though, it looked sweet but I think I just let my love for PSI OPS get in the way and never really chose to pick up this game.

I think I actually might though next weekend.

Oh and Sabretooth kick ass avatar. So true. :D

Hey Sabretooth is the story really really tight? Thats one of the most powerful things I look for when I play a game is the story, then gameplay then graphics. If it has a kick ass story then i'm all in.

Yes. The story is the definite highlight of SS.

Y'know, I keep forgetting that I have a Gamefly account that I could use to rent the game instead of trying to buy it...

I just added it to my list on there. :up:

For about 25 bucks I picked up

1) A brand-new sealed copy of Thief: Deadly Shadows for Xbox
2) A copy of Second Sight for Xbox (no case or manual) - I bought this after I read about Psi Ops. It seemed cool, so what the hell for 7 bucks.
3) A copy of Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy for Xbox (no case or manual)

Thanks Circuit City for the first one, and Gamestop for the last 2.

After the football game, I'll play Second Sight.

It doesn't seem like that to me, and I bought both yesterday and spent 2 hours with each

I don't know what the hell you people are doing trying to even compare Psi Ops or hold on to it over Second Sight. Play the f**king game. The only thing they have in common is the psychic powers. Other than that, I had a hell of a lot more fun with Second Sight not to mention the story was actually pretty damn good!

imdaly said:
I was tempted to pick this up when I saw it used at EB a few weeks ago. I loved loved LOVED "Psi Ops", and heard this is a lot like it.

...maybe I should get it...

Sucks that it doesn't have achievements. lol
I played the demo and didnt care much for it. I much preferred Psi-Ops myself. I still have that game. Its always fun to jump back in and start throwing guys around. The TK rocked

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"