The Sequel Thread **SPOILERS FROM FIRST MOVIE**

Asteroid-Man

Avenger
Reaction score
So what sorts of things would you like in the sequel?

Changes:
Remove Donnie's glasses and tech gear. It's too over the top.
Give Raph a regular mask, not a durag-mask. It's ridiculous.
Leo's chest piece can be gotten rid of as well - they discovered that they're bulletproof, now he would logically abandon it
Tone down Shredder's suit. Practically, he could decide to strip it down a bit for the sake of agility
Film should be focused on the Turtles, NOT O'Neil

Development:
Introduce Casey Jones
Introduce Bepop and Rocksteady as test subjects for an advancement in Foot like Shredder did in the show
Tease Krang at the end

Remove/Limit Lines and ST:
Tone it down with Vernon
Eric Sacks -get rid of him, or make him a vessel for Krang or just mutate him into Krang, w.e, just don't make him the goddamn Shredder.

I enjoyed the first one, and I think if they can amend these things, and make further development into the mythos, I'd be even more pleased.

-Don't make April the main character of your NINJA TURTLES movie. Seriously, their name is in the freaking title, they shouldn't be supporting characters in their own franchise coughTransformerscough.
-Actually DEVELOP the Shredder. He wasn't at all compelling in this movie, he was just some guy in a mech suit. He was boring as Hell.
-Give Karai more to do, she's awesome.
-Introduce Casey Jones.
-Come up with a decent story and a villain plot that isn't unbelievably stupid.

That would be a good start.

- Less emphasis on April
- More Baxter Stockman
- Give Karai more to do. They could even go the 2003 route and make her the Shredder.
- Casey Jones
- Tease Krang and Dimension X.
- Slow down the pacing and develop a more cohesive story.

- Bepop/Rocksteady Human.
-Casey intro. Irma intro, meet April.
- Karai -good/bad-
- The Foot (1990). NOT _The "Foot"_(2014)
- NOT Megan Fox...
- NOT MegaShredder :cmad:

- Sachs meet Krang?
-Dr. Baxter :3
- creepy Mikey/April NOT.

Last edited:
time to talk about Splinter's ninjutsu. even as a kids movie,as a summer blockbuster this was to much. i can not accept that a rat in the sewer becomes an expert in ninjutsu by reading a book.

there is a way to fix this and to connect Shredder. the reincarnation origin. i think it would make sense in this universe. plus we fix the ninjutsu. the drawing on the wall even had 4 turtles fighting an army. so they were teasing it.

Ok. Sequel time.

Make it 2hrs and 20 minutes. I think the movie felt a tad rushed and left room for more turtles screen time and shredder development.

Also, it's a must to link shredder with splinter in the conventional way.

Bebop and rocksteady. This universe is screaming for their inclusion and if developed in a way where they are human for a good chunk of the film and transformed midway while providing scene stealing comic banter, they could very well be the highlight of the film.

Showcase splinter criticizing and challenging the turtles to be more stealth like and covert. They are NINJA turtles after all. It can actually lead to a more toned down and uniform appearance. That could work on all basis including toy sales.

Casey jones. Nuff said.

Krang. With the way sacks got defeated, it does leave a logical progression for him being Krang if done correctly. He seemed like the "brain" of the operation while shredder was the brawn.

Have a new footclan formed in the classic form. It's obvious that the military approach didn't work against the turtles, so fight fire with fire. DUH.

And last but not least, get Megan fox in the classic skin tight yellow jumpsuit. We are stuck with her so we might as well use her for her best ass-sets. *shrug*

Give me all these things wit better pacing, writing and even wittier dialogue and we might have a smash on our hands.

All I've seen here are complaints...you act like the first movie was a damn masterpiece and had no flaws. I just don't know what to say anymore

Focus:

-I think it will be more on the turtles than on April. She's their introduction to the outside world, so the first story always necessitates a heavy involvement from her. She'll always be their liaison to the outside world, so she'll have a presence, but we shouldn't be seeing the film through her perspective.

Backstory:

-Yoshi and Saki. 'Nuff said. One of the only ways I see to bring this about is to introduce a reincarnation angle. It's well done in the IDW run, and offers a lot of depth. Have Don really struggle with the concept of reincarnation as the spirituality will be a clash with his scientific sensibilities. His difficulty wrapping his head around the bigger mysteries of life and death, destiny and choice, really make for great moments.

Production:

-Use Pete for Leo. Use a different voice actor for Splinter. I love Johnny Knoxville, and I've always adored Tony Shaloub's character work, but neither one of them fit in their roles.

-Applebaum and Nemc did an alright job on Ghost Protocol, but I'm not familiar with their other work. Hopefully the problems with the script came down to directives from producers that they were forced to incorporate. The Eric Sachs thing screams Michael Bay, and that was always transparent. Hopefully, given the attempts to alter the script, they're (studio execs) aware of why the f***ed up and will let the writers turn in something more faithful.

-I'd like more of a solid theme from Brian Tyler. He's capable enough.

Direction:

-Shredder was poorly handled. They mentioned he word "alien" for the mutagen, but just left that little nugget hanging awkwardly afterwords. There's planting a seed, and then there's the way that was handled. If they're going to sow the seeds of a franchise, those threads have to be followed up on.

-Krang, Casey, Beebop, Rocksteady, Rat King, ninja Foot, and he like. Let's finally get fan favorites in these movies.

These movies can be a fun, silly time at the theater. They should be. For the love of God, though, it doesn't mean they have to be badly written. Let's make this happen.

All I've seen here are complaints...you act like the first movie was a damn masterpiece and had no flaws. I just don't know what to say anymore

That and an unbelievable checklist for one movie "Give me Krang, and Baxter and Casey and Irma and Shredder and Karai and Bebop and Rocksteady then and only then will this be good."

Whoa.

It's well done in the IDW run, and offers a lot of depth. Have Don really struggle with the concept of reincarnation as the spirituality will be a clash with his scientific sensibilities. His difficulty wrapping his head around the bigger mysteries of life and death, destiny and choice, really make for great moments.

This will never be a part of any Ninja Turtles movie in any future. This I can guarantee to you.

That and an unbelievable checklist for one movie "Give me Krang, and Baxter and Casey and Irma and Shredder and Karai and Bebop and Rocksteady then and only then will this be good."

Whoa.

This will never be a part of any Ninja Turtles movie in any future. This I can guarantee to you.

Is that because you hate it? Or do you just not think it's something the producers would do?

Is that because you hate it? Or do you just not think it's something the producers would do?

Nah man, I ****ing love the idea. No producer is ever going to do it because much to the chagrin of many a die-hard TMNT fan, the property as a whole is only as successful as it is when it's at its bubbliest with only a hint of seriousness. They can give it the gritty aesthetic, but it has to have bubbly characters or vice versa. It works best as a blend profitability wise. There's a reason some of the best stories are in the comics, because they have to sell less to be successful thus they can take more risks.

If TMNT gets too kid friendly or too gritty it doesn't fly. Donnie struggling with the idea of religion or unorganized spirituality is such an amazing idea but I could only hear the backlash of that being in a kids movie. It's kind of an intrusive ideal for a lot of parents trying to parent their kids to become atheists, Christians, Jewish, etc. There's a reason Thor is now an "alien", ugh.

Honestly, I'd watch the **** out of that. Especially with this Donnie who, we've already seen break stereotype already. Sure, he looks more like a stereotype and has the snort, but Donnie (my fave) had always been seen as the one-note smart guy. A struggle with spirituality could be an amazing bit of depth to him. One of my favorite parts in the new flick is when he stands up to Raph during a time of need and jumps into action "Allow me to be the bad*** for once," he doesn't hesitate or do that thing we always see the "nerdy" stereotype do of choking in the instant and jumps out of his comfort zone. I'd love to see that comfort zone pushed even further with something outside of the realm he knows best--science.

Nah man, I ****ing love the idea. No producer is ever going to do it because much to the chagrin of many a die-hard TMNT fan, the property as a whole is only as successful as it is when it's at its bubbliest with only a hint of seriousness. They can give it the gritty aesthetic, but it has to have bubbly characters or vice versa. It works best as a blend profitability wise. There's a reason some of the best stories are in the comics, because they have to sell less to be successful thus they can take more risks.

If TMNT gets too kid friendly or too gritty it doesn't fly. Donnie struggling with the idea of religion or unorganized spirituality is such an amazing idea but I could only hear the backlash of that being in a kids movie. It's kind of an intrusive ideal for a lot of parents trying to parent their kids to become atheists, Christians, Jewish, etc. There's a reason Thor is now an "alien", ugh.

Honestly, I'd watch the **** out of that. Especially with this Donnie who, we've already seen break stereotype already. Sure, he looks more like a stereotype and has the snort, but Donnie (my fave) had always been seen as the one-note smart guy. A struggle with spirituality could be an amazing bit of depth to him. One of my favorite parts in the new flick is when he stands up to Raph during a time of need and jumps into action "Allow me to be the bad*** for once," he doesn't hesitate or do that thing we always see the "nerdy" stereotype do of choking in the instant and jumps out of his comfort zone. I'd love to see that comfort zone pushed even further with something outside of the realm he knows best--science.

Oh ok, you and I are on the same page, then. They introduced the internal struggle for Don in the IDW comics, and that's honestly what got me hooked. I loved his moments with Splinter in Secret of the Ooze, where he tried to come to grips with his existence being merely an accident. I felt like that would be something a lot of kids, and a lot of adopted kids could relate to. Mikey was my favorite growing up, but once I appreciated the untapped well of characterization in Donatello, he has been my go-to turtle.

Oh ok, you and I are on the same page, then. They introduced the internal struggle for Don in the IDW comics, and that's honestly what got me hooked. I loved his moments with Splinter in Secret of the Ooze, where he tried to come to grips with his existence being merely an accident. I felt like that would be something a lot of kids, and a lot of adopted kids could relate to. Mikey was my favorite growing up, but once I appreciated the untapped well of characterization in Donatello, he has been my go-to turtle.

I am still waiting for a good Leo story. There's a bit of it in the Nicktoon series, but I just want to see him as more than the leader or feel the struggles that being the leader and carrying that weight gives him.

This movie focused a lot on Raph (and honestly the speech at the end got me a lil' dusty eyed,) so I am wondering who they'll pick for a sequel. I hope it's not always going to be a Raph show. We've gotten so many Raph specific storylines.

Gotta get some Casey Jones up in the sequel

This isn't for the first sequel but later down the road, Cameos from the original trilogy. I'd love leatherhead.

I think there are enough hints that point toward the IDW origin in this movie to where I think they could easily fully 'go there' in the sequel. Then bam, presto- you get your Homato Yoshi/Saki rivalry and you make it more ancient/epic to boot.

To be honest, even Turtles 3 flirted with a similar idea a bit. I think it can be done in a way that's palatable to audiences.

Whoa.

I enjoyed it for what it was

1. Go back to the turles used in the 1990 movie (animatronics?) no more steroid turtles

2. Get an older more mature April O Neal.

3. Retcon that entire story and stick to splinter learning under hamato yoshi and being killed by shredder. 1990 turtles

4. Introduce bebop and rock steady

5. Introduce Casey Jones and start his relationship with April

6. Re do splinter make him similiar to the 90 version.

7. Introduce turtle van

8. Tease Krang Dimension X at the end

1. Go back to the turles used in the 1990 movie (animatronics?) no more steroid turtles

3. Retcon that entire story and stick to splinter learning under hamato yoshi and being killed by shredder. 1990 turtles

7. Introduce turtle van

You lost me at your first point.

Out with the old. In with the new.

This franchise is strictly popcorn material, so just do the fun 80s cartoon as best as you can. Bring in Krang, the Technodrome, Bebop, Rocksteady and Casey Jones.

This thing needs to hit the semi-reboot button like the Incredible Hulk did, and bring things more in line with the IDW comics or even the Nick Toon. Change is fine, if it's good change.

7. Introduce turtle van

bahahahahaha......no

You lost me at your first point.

Out with the old. In with the new.

I agree 100%

People need to let go of the animatronics. I would love to see them use humans in suits for the turtles, but even then I would expect them to be CGI from the neck up.

People need to let go of the animatronics. I would love to see them use humans in suits for the turtles, but even then I would expect them to be CGI from the neck up.

I was hoping for this, but the stuff in the mocap suits with some of the stunt guys was mind boggling. I think the technique was the right way to go, but man they screwed up the fight choreography with the editing and camera work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"