The Sequel Thread **SPOILERS FROM FIRST MOVIE**

I'd hate them going with a reincarnation angle.They had their chance to do the right thing by the Yoshi/Saki feud and they blew it.I guess,they could salvage some kind of link between them,but the dye is cast.It ain't gonna be what it should have been.

Frankly,I'm sick of the "techie guy struggles with religion" thing.The thing I liked with Donnie in Secret of the Ooze was that he seemed hurt that it wasn't some kind of act of God,but a freak accident that created them.At least that's how I interpreted it.

You lost me at your first point.

Out with the old. In with the new.

the turtles from the 1990 movie look much closer to their comic book counterparts than some turtles who's diet looks like pizza and roids.

That's the design we as fans want, an actual look of a ninja not a body builder on steroids who was taught some ninja magazine karate :doh:

Honestly, I like the idea of the backstory with Shredder gaining depth as the series goes on (kind of like the revelation of Vader being Luke's father in ESB).

The problem that often happens with TMNT is once you establish Shredder as THE ultimate bad guy with the most personal connection to Splinter, everyone feels like a step down from him, or you just have repetitive "Shredder wants revenge!" types of stories.

Saving some of the backstory with Shredder for the second movie could potentially pay off. Did anybody else find it strange that Splinter seemed to know so much about Shredder? I feel like he may know more than what he's told his sons.

Honestly, I like the idea of the backstory with Shredder gaining depth as the series goes on (kind of like the revelation of Vader being Luke's father in ESB).

The problem that often happens with TMNT is once you establish Shredder as THE ultimate bad guy with the most personal connection to Splinter, everyone feels like a step down from him, or you just have repetitive "Shredder wants revenge!" types of stories.

Saving some of the backstory with Shredder for the second movie could potentially pay off. Did anybody else find it strange that Splinter seemed to know so much about Shredder? I feel like he may know more than what he's told his sons.

when they first showed shredder i honestly thought it was tatsu. bald head, and about to fight those ninjas like he did in the first movie.

Yeah.I chalked it up to bad writing,but it seemed that they were at least aware of each other.I guess there is enough wiggle room to craft some kind of story between them.

Love to see Krang, Rat King and maybe Metalhead created to menace the city etc.

The Rat King controlling Splinter and rats seem easy material to do justice.

Saw the movie yesterday and honestly, i liked it - the tone - it was for children - at the end of the day and that is to be expected when the nickelodeon logo flashes up.

The sequel i would like to see plan out like this, the blood transfusion and mutugen exposure has an adverse effect on the turtles - it's 'trying' to cure itself as nature would often do - it appears like their DNA is reverting back to it's original state - in other words, it's an excuse to reduce their size, get them closer to be comic accurate - if handled correctly, that is a good subplot - relying more on mind, than matter.

Shredder is out of the picture - the foot are gone.

The turtles are on the low down - dealing with petty crime - the NYPD are aware of vigilantes, but just happy the foot are gone.

Other vigilante's step up - meet KC jones who eventually befriends the TMNT

Splinter goes missing - a hobo known as the rat king holds the answers.

Will they find Splinter before it is too late?

Saw the movie yesterday and honestly, i liked it - the tone - it was for children - at the end of the day and that is to be expected when the nickelodeon logo flashes up.

The sequel i would like to see plan out like this, the blood transfusion and mutugen exposure has an adverse effect on the turtles - it's 'trying' to cure itself as nature would often do - it appears like their DNA is reverting back to it's original state - in other words, it's an excuse to reduce their size, get them closer to be comic accurate - if handled correctly, that is a good subplot - relying more on mind, than matter.

I really like that idea a lot! It can work if its written well. This first movie was all over the place.

Casey Jones is a must for the sequel.

Also, Bebop and Rocksteady, and they should be Hulk size and menacing.

Hint at Krang, but he should be saved for 3.

I would love for them to do Bebop and Rocksteady but the problem with using them two is that it could come across as too similar to the original movies.

Shredder is defeated in a similar manner in the first movie.
Sequel the turtles have to face more powerful mutants i.e Tokka and Rahzar

I agree,Bebop & Rocksteady for the sequel.Maybe tease Krang for 3.I'd love to see the original cartoon vision with a brain sitting in a robot's stomach.It's a great visual that should be used.:awesome:

As for Casey,yeah,he's important......eventually.But am I the only one that kinda hopes they don't give April a "love interest"?I know a lot of people feel that way about Batman and other heroes,but I always felt that way with April.She hangs with 4 Turtles and a Rat.Do we really need to give her a boyfriend (that gets in the way of an already full roster of characters) out of some misguided sense of propriety?They just narrowly avoided the "love interest" with Vern.I'm in no hurry to pair her off with Casey now.

I don't get why people want Casey in this franchise, with the TMNT being so much more powerful and hulking, added with Shredder being a transformer. Casey has no way to match up Raphael's brawness unless he gets transformers armor too or some high-tech stuff.

I don't get why people want Casey in this franchise, with the TMNT being so much more powerful and hulking, added with Shredder being a transformer. Casey has no way to match up Raphael's brawness unless he gets transformers armor too or some high-tech stuff.

That's a pretty good point....

time to talk about Splinter's ninjutsu. even as a kids movie,as a summer blockbuster this was to much. i can not accept that a rat in the sewer becomes an expert in ninjutsu by reading a book.

Because surely we have to draw the line somewhere.

I still maintain that was the most dull,lazy,uninspired choice they could've gone with.

"We need to explain how Splinter knows karate.Anyone got something?"

'He read it in a book?'

"Genius!This is my nephew Bob,by the way..."

Hey it was a Ninjutsu book written by Eastman & Laird!

(1) Lose some of the gear on the Turtles
(2) Give Karai more to do
(3) Let Leo and Karai's rivalry/relationship develop
(4) make it 2 hours
(5) Less focus on April, more focus on the Turtles
(6) introduce Casey Jones
(7)Tease Krang/Dimension x at the end
(8) Introduce (a meaner, scarier) Bebop and Rocksteady
(9) Tone down Shredder's armor
(10) Slightly beef down the Turtles
(11) Make it darker
(12) Tease Nightwatcher at the end

Because he's badass.:shrug:

(1) Lose some of the gear on the Turtles
(2) Give Karai more to do
(3) Let Leo and Karai's rivalry/relationship develop
(4) make it 2 hours
(5) Less focus on April, more focus on the Turtles
(6) introduce Casey Jones
(7)Tease Krang/Dimension x at the end
(8) Introduce (a meaner, scarier) Bebop and Rocksteady
(9) Tone down Shredder's armor
(10) Slightly beef down the Turtles
(11) Make it darker
(12) Tease Nightwatcher at the end

:applaud:bow: YES! And fix the origin story. Bring back the rivalry between Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki. While I don't like the idea of reincarnation, they might have to do it to fix the mistake of the first movie or pull an "Incredible Hulk" and retell the origin story in the opening credits (properly this time).

Okay I'll have a stab at this. Pretty much what I've down on other boards.

We need to open with the turtles

Almost every version of TMNT from comics, to the various cartoons and movies has has started in a similar way. We get a bit of suspense were the audience knows the turtles are there but we don't fully see them for a while before we see them going into action.

The turtles need to be delivered in a timely manner even if we don't see them again for a while. I know that was the point of the quasi-animated intro as well as supposed nod to the comic but it was a weak opening that felt tacked on with overly cheesy narration.

May I suggest taking the opening from the original comics TMNT #1 which has been recreated to varying degrees by almost every version.

Casey Jones

I'd personally prefer it not be the Eastman suggestion that he became a vigilante from watching too much bad TV although I quite like the first movie's deleted scene take on this and Casey sick of seeing so much violence around him decides to take up a cause. That might be cool to actually see on screen.

f9acfacf-1c4e-4ced-a6e4-0d879a3b2669_zpsb0c8077f.png

But he needs a back story and my suggestion is working in the one from the Mirage Tales of the TMNT #56 and 2003 animated series episode Meet Casey Jones were Casey's father owned a store but refused to give in to a street gang (The Purple Dragons) so they burned down his store with a hint that Casey's father was in it when it was torched.

e6d1ec81-8495-499a-9c96-138e5b76b05b_zps9deb1081.png
46467df5-d8d4-4764-a923-588c289f8d3a_zps87fe67f1.png

Hun & The Purple Dragons

While it doesn't necessarily have to have the leader of the gang be called Hun or for the gang itself to be called Purple Dragons I think we need to see some street level organised crime. Like a real life gangs have 'The Dragons' have the modern Foot symbol tattooed on them just like in the comics too. You've used the modern Foot logo in the movie already so it's already established.

Have them connected to the Foot Clan via their leader who would essentially fills the right hand man to Oroku Saki in the movie. This could be the very same gang that Bebop and Rocksteady are a part of and Hun volunteers them for Saki's experiment with the mutagen after their defeat at the hands of the turtles near the beginning of the movie.

cd2a2064-5335-4dcd-90b0-ffc276ed34b0_zps0fe2c998.png

Foot Clan

Yep. Foot Clan as in an actual international organised crime group with their operatives as trained ninjas that act in the shadows. Not just like in the comics but in real life gangs like the Yakuza.

Ditch the whole NY based para military terrorist group. I don't know why anyone would think this was more realistic than organised crime group using martial - we have them in real life. They can still use guns but not as much.

73d093d4-9325-476e-aae1-d5ea212c6a93_zps65fcef60.png
aaafedd3-81b8-4e2f-9b18-fee0251cbdbf_zpsbeff2027.png

TMNT & Splinter Origin

My better judgement tells me that it's best left alone and forgotten but as fan I will have this niggling feeling watching the movie that it's not right so a do-over that fixes the origin is necessary.

I'd personally avoid the reincarnation angle from the IDW series. Rather stick to the classic comic origin simply say that the mutagen awakened memories of watching Yoshi train as well as watching Yoshi be murdered by Saki.

62a3656c-30c6-48e3-969c-9b3ee267654e_zps72e73107.png

Turtles with Real Personalities

The turtles personalities were technically "correct" in their broadest term but they were never given much time not act like complete caricatures. We need some downtime with them to show there's more to them than being one-note characters in the same way that every other version has done.

Bebop & Rocksteady

If they are going to be in this then they have to be somewhat menacing and when they are mutated animalistic. Not the brightest sparks but competent enough to put up a good fight with their strength akin to the first season of the 1987 animated series.

Themes

Vengeance.

• Oroku Saki wants revenge on Yoshi for Tang Shen not loving him.
  • Splinter wants revenge on Shredder for killing Yoshi.
  • Shredder wants revenge on the turtles for stopping his scheme in the first movie (as well as eliminating the last remnants of Yoshi)
  • Casey Jones wants revenge on Hun for killing his father
  • Bebop and Rocksteady want revenge on the turtles

However a small suggestion from personal favorite version of the Bebop and Rocksteady from Archie's TMNT Adventures series that at the end they decide that they don't care for all the battling and leave for a peaceful life. They only two who learn are the stupid ones.

What I Don't Want to See

Vern Fenwick, Taylor, Eric Sacks, over abundance of accessories on the turtles, permanent sun glasses on Raphael and Michelangelo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"