The Sony E3 2007 Conference thread

Three things about the MGS4 trailer:

1)Was that Revolver Ocelot's voice?
2)What is SOP?
3)The FOXHOUND soldier with the sunglasses is Raiden. I'm calling it now.

Kojima-san said only on PS3. Trentonn reiterated after the footage only PS3.

Well, it looks like Sony knew they had to show us god games actually and IMO they did it. Killzone 2 did look better than I expected and the break-dance fighting in MGS4 was pretty as always. I really think that Sony had the most to gain from an E3 keynote this year, and I think they really stepped up and delivered. Now they just got to get these freaking games out.

Well, it looks like Sony knew they had to show us god games actually and IMO they did it. Killzone 2 did look better than I expected and the break-dance fighting in MGS4 was pretty as always. I really think that Sony had the most to gain from an E3 keynote this year, and I think they really stepped up and delivered. Now they just got to get these freaking games out.
Well said.

I didn't like the format of showing 1 minute sequences but they had a way better overall conference.

Meh, that was alright, better than Microsoft's, but the only real time I dropped my jaw was Unreal 3, an that's probably just a timed exclusive.

inFAMOUS, looked pretty meh.
this is how im seeing it... just like microsoft... no WOW.. just displaying exclusive games which we already KNEW were exclusive... no big deal...

at least they dispayed EXCLUSIVES though

I don't want to settle in again after being on the edge of my seat just yet. Wait for Konami's announcement, then we'll see.

Electro, Kojima actually said it's for PS3. Then, he said he will never make another Metal Gear. I don't think it will happen.

Either way, Trenton making a point of saying PS3 exclusive, Kojima saying for PS3, and the news that Kojima is refusing to port it point blank and its Konami who wants otherwise pretty much means Sony will likely do what it takes to keep MGS4 a PS3 exclusive.

This press conference made me even more excited about my future PS3

So, does anyone else think that Sony had the best conference this E3?

I dunno.

The bad: I was really expecting Sony to drop something huge, and they made alot of mistakes. Unreal Tournament 3 was a real jaw dopper moment, let down by them trying to mislead you. They treated Killzone 2 like it was going tobe a massive shock, when we'd seen the best of it hours earlier. Then the promise of 15 new, exclusive games turned out to be 6 we'd already seen and then only a trailer for one other that looked okay. Spent alot of time on footage we'd seen, worse yet, footage seen in the MS conferance. Too much time wasted on PS2 and PSP, no one cars about those anymore, all eyes are on PS3. Why the hell would you put Chewie on stage?

The good: Killzone 2 does look fantastic, and Sony are right to treat it at such high regard end of the day. Showng off MGS4 and kicking in the exclusive line really helped, the trailer also showed less of a girtty side and an improvement in graphics, so yay. A real, worthwhile improvement shown in Home. Timed exclusives arn't exactly console movers, but its nice to see the deal works both ways, while I'm still waiting for my PS3 copy of The Darkness in the UK. Getting Hideo back on stage was to good effect.

So, does anyone else think that Sony had the best conference this E3?
I do. I think Microsoft showed some good stuff, but it was also hindered by just stupid things like Peter Moore and a fat chick sucking at Rock Band.

Nintendo showed some good stuff as well, but I'm just not into WiiFit so it's tough for me to really be excited about it (although i do have some questions about how it works).

Sony actually showed good games coming, and showed quite a bit of stuff compared to the other conferences IMO. Even if it was just a minutes worth of gmaeplay, they still showed quite a few games, and even some new possibly-cool games like that echo one. They also genuinely surprised me with the UT reveal. Also, it's MGS4 and Killzone 2 trailers IMO outdid the huge Halo 3 trailer.

I dunno.

The bad: I was really expecting Sony to drop something huge, and they made alot of mistakes. Unreal Tournament 3 was a real jaw dopper moment, let down by them trying to mislead you. They treated Killzone 2 like it was going tobe a massive shock, when we'd seen the best of it hours earlier. Then the promise of 15 new, exclusive games turned out to be 6 we'd already seen and then only a trailer for one other that looked okay. Spent alot of time on footage we'd seen, worse yet, footage seen in the MS conferance. Too much time wasted on PS2 and PSP, no one cars about those anymore, all eyes are on PS3. Why the hell would you put Chewie on stage?

The good: Killzone 2 does look fantastic, and Sony are right to treat it at such high regard end of the day. Showng off MGS4 and kicking in the exclusive line really helped, the trailer also showed less of a girtty side and an improvement in graphics, so yay. A real, worthwhile improvement shown in Home. Timed exclusives arn't exactly console movers, but its nice to see the deal works both ways, while I'm still waiting for my PS3 copy of The Darkness in the UK. Getting Hideo back on stage was to good effect.

E3 as a whole sucked hardcore this year if you ask me, but out of the Big 3, Sony did the best. They at least made announcements and showed games and a decent amount were exclusive or timed exclusive. Also, they confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4 is indeed a Playstation 3 exclusive.

Nintendo showed the cool Wii Wheel and Wii Zapper, plus Mario Kart, but I was expecting more from Smash Bros.

Microsoft was just plain awful. They promoted too much on the multiplatform releases, and the only announcement they made was a fugly Halo 3 console.

i think games wise sony had the best.. innovations wise it was the wii.. even though its novelty now.. so was the dpad and analog stick when they introduced those... they can be built off of...

microsoft sucked big time :csad:

E3 as a whole sucked hardcore this year if you ask me, but out of the Big 3, Sony did the best. They at least made announcements and showed games and a decent amount were exclusive or timed exclusive. Also, they confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4 is indeed a Playstation 3 exclusive.

Nintendo showed the cool Wii Wheel and Wii Zapper, plus Mario Kart, but I was expecting more from Smash Bros.

Microsoft was just plain awful. They promoted too much on the multiplatform releases, and the only announcement they made was a fugly Halo 3 console.
i agree with this assessment .. thanks HH:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"