The Speed Force is Awesome!! Phil Lord & Christopher Miller ARE the Story Developers

tandem directors are a thing now innit?

started with the Wachowskis, then the Russos. it makes a lot of sense to distribute the workload to two people rather than 1 person delegating to goodness knows how many people.

It most certainly did not start with the Wachowski's and has been around for forever.

It will be quite the day when people stop using DC stuff to belittle other dc stuff.
Kinda like how no one really uses marvels promising ventures to bash or discourage it's various less then promising stuff.

Gonna be funny if something like SS is a huge hit and instead of DC getting props in the face of it's various competition, people just use it against itself. What would be funnier is if BvS is a massive hit...not sure what part of dc people will have left to play that game with. Perhaps Goyer.
Can't agree more with this... some of the fandom are like this unfortunately. :shrug:
Lord and Miller are a great choice for this. It'd be interesting to see how with their style of things, can make The Flash fit into the world they're creating there.
Indeed...
Then I guess the viewers will have to adjust. I prefer separate universes for DC. It's not weird to me. It's two versions of the mythos. That being said I wouldn't mind if it's Wally.

That's my reaction to this as well...

Phil Lord is confirming Barry Allen? YES!!!!
"We’re trying to break a story. It’s interesting, because there’s a really popular TV show out there, and we’re trying to carve out space for the movie that’s apart from that. I think we’re doing alright. … I believe [our Flash] is going to be Barry Allen. … It’s going to be it’s own [thing, apart from the TV show] — we’re more trying to stick with the cinematic universe… it really is its own thing, and kind of a stand-alone movie. We’re just trying to think of the best story. I think you guys will like it, it’s kind of a different take on superhero stuff."​
Obviously he doesn't mean the film won't be a part of the DC Cinematic Universe, but that comment does suggest that this could definitely end up having a decidedly different tone/vibe to the other DC-based flicks currently in development. Lord and Miller are still not confirmed to direct The Flash, but if they do sign on we might well wind up with something very special indeed.

Of course, the duo are also working on an animated Spider-Man adventure for Sony, and here's what Lord had to say about that. "We’re sort of juggling superheroes with the color red in them, that’s all we do,"We’re trying not to confuse their powers or anything, but it does get tricky. But it’s the same thing, is there a way to do one of these movies in a new way? That’s the exciting thing about it being animated, is it opens up a lot of different possibilities." Lord then describes both projects as being "off a little bit to the side."
http://www.slashfilm.com/barry-allen-flash-movie/

via CBM.com

Last edited:
Phil Lord is confirming Barry Allen? YES!!!!
http://www.slashfilm.com/barry-allen-flash-movie/

via CBM.com

This has been my main concern with the Flash movie. By the time it comes out the tv show, which is fully embracing the "comic-book" aspect of the Flash will have several seasons under its belt. So what can the movie do that the tv show already hasn't? Now, I don't want a carbon copy of the tv show, but then again I also don't want the movie to be a radical change of the character just for the sake of trying to make it different. Overall, I can't say I'm overly optimistic with the development of the DCU from what we've seen so far.

This has been my main concern with the Flash movie. By the time it comes out the tv show, which is fully embracing the "comic-book" aspect of the Flash will have several seasons under its belt. So what can the movie do that the tv show already hasn't? Now, I don't want a carbon copy of the tv show, but then again I also don't want the movie to be a radical change of the character just for the sake of trying to make it different. Overall, I can't say I'm overly optimistic with the development of the DCU from what we've seen so far.

And by the time the movie comes out Flash will have 75 years of comics under its belt. So what can he movie do that the comics already haven't?

Will Flash so far through one season has thrown down the gauntlet for these guys. I hope they don't go running to WB/DC to get them to embargo stuff from the show.

They said the show is great, why they would do that?

The Flash movie is gonna have to work pretty hard to be as good as the show! What a finale. :)

And by the time the movie comes out Flash will have 75 years of comics under its belt. So what can he movie do that the comics already haven't?
kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Even if the show didn't exist, I think the movie always would have had to go for something 'different' anyways. The tv show's standard superhero tone and setup (secret identity, day job, relationships, etc) is very similar to Spider-Man or Superman, but it's successful on tv nonetheless because we don't have any other show like that on the air. But in the movie space, I don't think it would be enough to get butts in seats. I think the movie needs to find a more unique identity. Whereas the show has a lot of intrigue, drama, character development, etc, I think the movie should be more akin to say...The Lego Movie -- a ton of ridiculousness, a breakneck pace, and a mostly comedic tone. (Yes, Lord & Miller were my #1 choice).

Last edited:
So are the chances that they will direct pretty good? I feel like WB would be happy to have them given the success of "The Lego Movie."

So are the chances that they will direct pretty good? I feel like WB would be happy to have them given the success of "The Lego Movie."

I believe that's WB's intention; it's up to them to accept the offer.

I think the movie needs to find a more unique identity. Whereas the show has a lot of intrigue, drama, character development, etc, I think the movie should be more akin to say...The Lego Movie -- a ton of ridiculousness, a breakneck pace, and a mostly comedic tone. (Yes, Lord & Miller were my #1 choice).

That is not what I'm hoping for at all. I still think Lord and Miller are a better fit for Shazam, which should be a ridiculous action comedy. The Shazam character itself is a ridiculous concept and should be more along the lines of the Lego movie, it should be super family friendly and aimed at younger audiences who can relate with a kid that turns into a superhero by saying a silly catchphrase. Lord and Miller are a perfect fit for Shazam. But obviously Lord and Miller are interested in The Flash, so that's a moot point.

I'm not saying that the Flash shouldn't have comedy, it should, it should be a lighter tone and be more comedic than the other Justice League solo's but I'd prefer it to find a good balance. I realize you don't want it to mirror the show too much but I think the balance should be similar to the show, just with much better acting, writing and CGI, which should all be fairly easy to accomplish with a movie budget. I like the show but I don't think it will be as hard to top as most seem to.

I can't think of a good comparison at the moment for the tone I would like to see, but I like the idea of the DCU taking a more serious approach to these characters. I prefer the comedy to be more organic and natural than to try to turn these movies into over the top cheesy action-comedies full of one-liners. The Lego movie is a full on kids comedy, that's not what the Flash should be IMO. It should be fun, but not ridiculous or cheesy. It should have comedy but not be a straight up comedy. I hope they find more of a middle ground, the Lego movie and the 21 Jump Street movies are too far over to the comedy side for me.

That is not what I'm hoping for at all. I still think Lord and Miller are a better fit for Shazam, which should be a ridiculous action comedy. The Shazam character itself is a ridiculous concept and should be more along the lines of the Lego movie, it should be super family friendly and aimed at younger audiences who can relate with a kid that turns into a superhero by saying a silly catchphrase. Lord and Miller are a perfect fit for Shazam. But obviously Lord and Miller are interested in The Flash, so that's a moot point.

I'm not saying that the Flash shouldn't have comedy, it should, it should be a lighter tone and be more comedic than the other Justice League solo's but I'd prefer it to find a good balance. I realize you don't want it to mirror the show too much but I think the balance should be similar to the show, just with much better acting, writing and CGI, which should all be fairly easy to accomplish with a movie budget. I like the show but I don't think it will be as hard to top as most seem to.

I can't think of a good comparison at the moment for the tone I would like to see, but I like the idea of the DCU taking a more serious approach to these characters. I prefer the comedy to be more organic and natural than to try to turn these movies into over the top cheesy action-comedies full of one-liners. The Lego movie is a full on kids comedy, that's not what the Flash should be IMO. It should be fun, but not ridiculous or cheesy. It should have comedy but not be a straight up comedy. I hope they find more of a middle ground, the Lego movie and the 21 Jump Street movies are too far over to the comedy side for me.

I couldn't agree more.:up:

I think the Rogues and their relationship with each other is where they'll shine.

Well since the hans solo films happening i really hope they at least give us a good script and story which are there strongest points as film makers

Rumour has it that they're not writing Flash anymore.

I want the flash to be like 21 jump street.. everything is so serious in the dc universe, I think the flashpoint storyline could be used for the sequel...

Rumour has it that they're not writing Flash anymore.

dude they even explained how there currently working on ways to differentiate the film from the tv show for the flash, clearly shows that they are committed to this project, plus films not out for like 3 more years, they've literally got plenty of time to write a good script.

Some people confuse directing to writing? They are writing the treatment for Flash. That's not debunked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"