The Speed Force is Awesome!! Phil Lord & Christopher Miller ARE the Story Developers

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are working behind the scenes to develop a story for Warner Bros.’ big-screen version of the DC Comic-based superhero The Flash. They are currently working on a treatment for the studio about the superhero whose super speed allows him to seemingly break the speed of light and time travel. The character, whose origins began in 1940, have been part of the Justice League at DC Comics and has been given small screen and feature treatments before, but with Lord and Miller on the case, The Flash will take on a totally different dimension. Whether they decide to direct is still up in the air. They have not, as yet, chosen their next project.

Hype.

I'm in. If they direct then I'll actually have faith in this movie. Suicide Squad and this already are off to a more promising start than BvS.

Nice! Was a bit skeptical at first, but Ezra Miller is growing on me and Lord and Miller are pretty good.

Hype.

I'm in. If they direct then I'll actually have faith in this movie. Suicide Squad and this already are off to a more promising start than BvS.

It will be quite the day when people stop using DC stuff to belittle other dc stuff.
Kinda like how no one really uses marvels promising ventures to bash or discourage it's various less then promising stuff.

Gonna be funny if something like SS is a huge hit and instead of DC getting props in the face of it's various competition, people just use it against itself. What would be funnier is if BvS is a massive hit...not sure what part of dc people will have left to play that game with. Perhaps Goyer.

I approve of this entire scenario.

fantastic news, the directors for the DCCU have been perfectly selected

It will be quite the day when people stop using DC stuff to belittle other dc stuff.
Kinda like how no one really uses marvels promising ventures to bash or discourage it's various less then promising stuff.

Gonna be funny if something like SS is a huge hit and instead of DC getting props in the face of it's various competition, people just use it against itself. What would be funnier is if BvS is a massive hit...not sure what part of dc people will have left to play that game with. Perhaps Goyer.

Wat.

This sounds like an epic win for DC. I wasn't a fan of the 21 Jump Street films, but I LOVED The Lego Movie and it was clear from watching it that these guys are big DC superhero fans. I feel like, out of all of WB's planned DC projects, The Flash should be the most lighthearted and I think these guys can really cook up something awesome.

I really, really hope they go with Wally now, because I feel like his character lends himself easier to more lighthearted stuff. I know the current Flash TV show is fairly lighthearted and Barry is in that, but they essentially had to make Barry more like Peter Parker to make that work. That's not a criticism; I think it was the right move to make there. But I feel like with these guys potentially writing and directing and with Ezra starring, they should go with Wally.

I fail to understand why are everyone so ecstatic about this news, to be honest. But "Lego movie" is the only film of theirs I watched and I didn't like it very much, so I'm pretty sure that I am missing something.

At this point I can only say that I like the fact that "The Flash" film is (probably) going to be directed by guys that make comedies. It seems fitting.

Edit: I agree with Rowsdower! that they should go with Wally. Not just that Ezra Miller seems to fit that role better, but in the light of this news it would seem to be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Yeah, you are missing something. They do comedy but they do it with heart and knowledge of the subject matter they're dealing with. They can be scathing, but they're not cruel.

Yeah, you are missing something. They do comedy but they do it with heart and knowledge of the subject matter they're dealing with. They can be scathing, but they're not cruel.

I thought so. Care to recommend something from them?

Lord and Miller are a great choice for this. It'd be interesting to see how with their style of things, can make The Flash fit into the world they're creating there.

I would say aside from Cloudy Meatballs, 21 Jump Street obviously. They didn't make that movie to poke fun at the series, it was more of a love letter to it. They showed they have respect for the show and it's little quirks.

I would say aside from Cloudy Meatballs, 21 Jump Street obviously. They didn't make that movie to poke fun at the series, it was more of a love letter to it. They showed they have respect for the show and it's little quirks.

I'll give it a look. Thanks!

They have a show on Fox, Last Man on Earth. I've only seen one episode of that but I love Jump Street and Lego movie. Hopefully this works out.

fantastic news, the directors for the DCCU have been perfectly selected

they really have

Snyder gets a lot of slack unwarranted slack. he's great with ensembles, handling many characters and action scenes. however, he is a director that requires the right type of writer/screenplay.

with Affleck & Terrio working on BvS alongside Snyder, i have much more faith that he will knock it out of the park

This seems like a good fit for the DCCU for sure and Flash in particular. Here's hoping we get some DETAILS about this treatment sooner than later.

tandem directors are a thing now innit?

started with the Wachowskis, then the Russos. it makes a lot of sense to distribute the workload to two people rather than 1 person delegating to goodness knows how many people.

i loved Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs. have yet to look into their other work but i'm hoping that magic that made Cloudy work can be employed with the Flash movie. i think Ezra Miller is an inspired choice--

-- however the Flash series and Grant Gustin's work is just fantastic right now. im still all wha-huh on two different Flash actors that might run concurrently. it would make more sense if Ezra's Flash is Wally West. making him Barry Allen as well is just... wierd. i dont care what WB says about separated universes. in this age where Marvel pretty much sets the tone on cinematic universes, everything is connected. thats the default viewers will run on.

Sweet!! :D great news! It looks like they're going for a more light hearted tone, so I hope they use Wally West.

Not a fan of either the LEGO movie or the 20+ Jump Street movies.
But I will probably enjoy this movie a lot, cause:
A) It's a CBM, I enjoy most of these.
B) I love the Flash.

tandem directors are a thing now innit?

started with the Wachowskis, then the Russos. it makes a lot of sense to distribute the workload to two people rather than 1 person delegating to goodness knows how many people.

i loved Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs. have yet to look into their other work but i'm hoping that magic that made Cloudy work can be employed with the Flash movie. i think Ezra Miller is an inspired choice--

-- however the Flash series and Grant Gustin's work is just fantastic right now. im still all wha-huh on two different Flash actors that might run concurrently. it would make more sense if Ezra's Flash is Wally West. making him Barry Allen as well is just... wierd. i dont care what WB says about separated universes. in this age where Marvel pretty much sets the tone on cinematic universes, everything is connected. thats the default viewers will run on.

Then I guess the viewers will have to adjust. I prefer separate universes for DC. It's not weird to me. It's two versions of the mythos. That being said I wouldn't mind if it's Wally.

I haven't seen a single thing these directors have done but the reaction to the news has been positive. So that's a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"