The Street Fighter movie casting (and hopefully manips) thread!

Spidey Snooch

...to the MF'n nooch...
Reaction score
I've seen the animated movie and some of the series. I know there is a good Street Fighter story out there to tell. It's been one of my favorite video games since I got my hand on the joystick oh so long ago...
And I think it's time for a new movie. I have a few ideas for the cast and I bet you do too! So let's see some and here's hoping that some of you more talented posters can whip up some photoshop wonders!

First up is our All-American fighting hero, Gulie. Played by none other than....

WWE Superstar John Cena. That jaw says it all! He already wears camo so dye his hair blonde, spike it up and we're ready to go!

168634849_62a26eaa83.jpg

First up is our All-American fighting hero, Gulie. Played by none other than....

WWE Superstar John Cena. That jaw says it all! He already wears camo so dye his hair blonde, spike it up and we're ready to go!

Thread closed

And Ken goes to....
ripley.jpg
Barry Pepper!
I'll get better pics, I just thought this one screamed Ken!

Who didn't like the first film?
I enjoyed the first film, I just didn't feel like I was with familiar characters. It could have been any group of random people and Jean Claude Van Damme.

Ok, give me somebody you think would be better.

If they are going to make another Street Fighter movie I would think they want to make it more serious than the last attempt at a Street Fighter movie so John Cena would just be a ridiculous choice

What makes him ridiculous? The fact that he is also a talented, charismatic and successful wrestler? Just because he doesn't have an Oscar on his mantle doesn't mean he can't do the job. The Marine was alright!

I am not bothered by the fact he is a wrestler. I do think some wrestlers can act. But John Cena for Guile is awful. Really terrible.

If they are going to make another Street Fighter movie I would think they want to make it more serious than the last attempt at a Street Fighter movie so John Cena would just be a ridiculous choice

Whoever they cast, it's going to be ridiculous. Raul Julia is a talented actor, and he was ridiculous as Bison. Van Damme is a top martial artist and was ridiculous as Guile.

Yeah, but Guile was american and Van Damme kept that THICK Brussles accent throughout the movie.

I do agree with Julia though.

Whoever they cast, it's going to be ridiculous. Raul Julia is a talented actor, and he was ridiculous as Bison. Van Damme is a top martial artist and was ridiculous as Guile.

If they take it seriously then it has the chance of not being completely ridiculous but if they do what they did last time around then it´s going to be just as ridiculous as the first or it will turn out even worst

If they take it seriously then it has the chance of not being completely ridiculous but if they do what they did last time around then it´s going to be just as ridiculous as the first or it will turn out even worst

You have to look at the reality of the situation. The new Street Fighter movie will be aimed at 14 year old boys. It will feature whatever 'hot at the time' babes they can afford, loads of CGI, endless fighting, and not much plot.

Don't be expecting anything above D-List actors or directors.

So expect Jessica Biel as Chun Li then :(

1. He´s on WWE which we all know is fake

cena1.jpg

Quit trying to be a GANGSTA

what does being on "fake WWE" have to do with being an actor or being ridiculous? The Rock is a successful actor who is from the WWE

Secondly, Cena hasn't done the "gangsta" thing in a year. He hasn't even worn a jersey or the ridiculous bling pendent in a year.

Your reasons are invalid and downright absurd.

what does being on "fake WWE" have to do with being an actor or being ridiculous? The Rock is a successful actor who is from the WWE

Secondly, Cena hasn't done the "gangsta" thing in a year. He hasn't even worn a jersey or the ridiculous bling pendent in a year.

Your reasons are invalid and downright absurd.

I´m sorry but taking Cena seriously as an actor is absurd but The Rock on the other hand has done some pretty decent films

If they did go ahead with the continuation, at least find some decent actors for these roles. Chun-Li is Ziyi Zhang, no question. Balrog is Derek Luke, Ken is Chad Michael Murray, Ryu is Takeshi Kaneshiro. Blanka can be any of the WWE if you must have someone in the role.

My Dream Cast (no limits, hehe)

Ryu: Takashi Kaneshiro (Onimusha, House of Flying Daggers)
takeshi_kaneshiro_01.jpg

Ken: Chris Evans (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer)
ChrisEvans-CellularPressKit-DF_3279crop.jpg

Chun-Li: Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica)
grace-park-gm_l3.jpg

Guile: Matthew Mcconaughey (Reign of Fire)
matthewmcconaughey.jpg

Blanka: Ron Perlman (Hellboy)
Hamilton-perlman-BandB.jpg

Zangief: Nathan Jones (Troy, Fearless)
migliorattoreNathanJones.jpg

he's even got the veins popping out of his head

Dhalsim: Doug Jones (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer)
redcarpetsz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"