The 'Streets of Gotham' Thread

Majic Walrus

Faster than an Iceberg.
Reaction score
I actually forgot about this new title starting in June. Does anyone know anything about it?

check out DCComics.com, it comes out on June 17th:

An all-new Batman series by the DETECTIVE COMICS creative team of Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen! As a new Batman rises on the streets of Gotham City, the heroes, villains and citizens take notice. How will the police feel about this new Batman, and can he control the crime in Gotham the way the old Batman did?

It sould be entertaining, Dini is the best Batman writer in a long time IMO, i hope this doesnt disappoint

There's a new writeup about all the bat titles on ign.com, and what characters will feature in which title.

Streets of Gotham is supposed to feature Batman as the main character, but with stories through the point of view of other characters (villains, cops, supposrting cast members...)
It sounds really good.

I actually forgot about this new title starting in June. Does anyone know anything about it?

there's alot of info out about this. try looking up the solicits and covers for the first three issues at dccomics.com

It's looking like the new version of Shadow of the Bat which is probably my favorite Batman title of all time. Also Batdick is in it and I'm not too sure about that just yet.

Out of the new ones (Red Robin, Sirens, Batgirl vol. 3 etc.) this is the one I look forward to the most.

There's a new writeup about all the bat titles on ign.com, and what characters will feature in which title.

Streets of Gotham is supposed to feature Batman as the main character, but with stories through the point of view of other characters (villains, cops, supposrting cast members...)
It sounds really good.

Out of the new ones (Red Robin, Sirens, Batgirl vol. 3 etc.) this is the one I look forward to the most.
In Red Robin it looks like Vicky Vale is back, what brings her back to the batman comics after all this time. Also how are they explaining Bruce Waynes death to the outside world??

In Red Robin it looks like Vicky Vale is back, what brings her back to the batman comics after all this time. Also how are they explaining Bruce Waynes death to the outside world??

If you haven't read Heart of Hush and Faces of Evil, heres something new info for ye!

Hush took a plastic surgery to look like Bruce Wayne, this was his way of living after he had killed Batman. Except he ofcourse failed on the killing part, but he got captured later on by Tim + Dick Grayson whe he went cruising in Australia as Bruce Wayne. In Streets of Gotham #3 we see Bruce returning and Batman has to stop him... wanna guess why? ;)

I figure that they will wait until it's widely known that Batman is back and alive before announcing his "Disappearance" and making Alfred Pennyworth the heir to Wayne Enterprises.

"She's annoying. May I cut out her tongue?"

"Maybe next time, Robin."

lmao I could picture Adam West saying Dick's line with his trademark deadpan delivery for some reason. Dini never fails to make me laugh even more hilarious since I was never a Harley fan.

I'm loving this...

Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen = :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Great writing and great art!!!

I'm actually warming up to Damien... let's see how this pans out!

I really think these guys especially Dini, Rucka and Morrison are cooking up something really interesting for Gotham. With Bruce now gone every single other character has to step up including the villains. I mean for christ sake Hush is actually interesting now, remember that Jeph Loeb his creator couldn't even do that. This is something that has been brewing since Dini and Morrison first hopped on the bat books. A giant plan like what Johns had help set up over in the Supes and GL books. If it was up to me this new era would last at least 5 years. I am seriously sold on it based on the first issue of B&R this preview and the preview to the first issue of Rucka/Williams III 'tec run.

At first I was afraid that Dick was going to be way too much like Bruce, but the "maybe next time Robin" line made it clear that Richard Grayson is going to be a much more fun Batman.

I really liked this preview. So far I know I'm on board for Batman and Robin and Streets of Gotham. Winick's Batman is really going to have to wow me for me to consider it though. I've been burned by his stuff way to much in the past.

Also, I'm new here. I want to say hi. I put a post in another Batman thread I found here. This place is pretty big... I'm still figuring it out. However, I do want to invite Nightwing/Dick Grayson fans to check out my fan site:
www.nightwingfanclub.com

We have a forum too, and now that i have two posts, I plan on putting the link in my signature.

At first I was afraid that Dick was going to be way too much like Bruce, but the "maybe next time Robin" line made it clear that Richard Grayson is going to be a much more fun Batman.

I really liked this preview. So far I know I'm on board for Batman and Robin and Streets of Gotham. Winick's Batman is really going to have to wow me for me to consider it though. I've been burned by his stuff way to much in the past.

Also, I'm new here. I want to say hi. I put a post in another Batman thread I found here. This place is pretty big... I'm still figuring it out. However, I do want to invite Nightwing/Dick Grayson fans to check out my fan site:
www.nightwingfanclub.com

We have a forum too, and now that i have two posts, I plan on putting the link in my signature.

Welcome to the hype man :brucebat:

I agree I like what this new Batman presents you see Bruce's influence but you also clearly see that it's not Bruce. He really is the true son of the bat he's a much better Batman in everyway except he could never replicate Bruce's will which is what always makes the real Batman. He has a much better relationship with the DCU as a whole though than Bruce ever did and he even has a much better rapport with Superman than Batman does.

I'm mixed on Winnick what he did to Young Justice was a crime but I'm buying the book this Wednesday just cause it's refreshing to have a new issue of BATMAN on the stands again. I haven't been fond of the way he writes Dick at all. I dropped Outsiders cause of him and a lot of that had to do with his Nightwing. As long as Batman isn't always losing fights he could clearly win and getting raped by a random villainess I'll be ok with it.

As I said I want Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin at least for 5 years. Then a seperate comic about the adventures of Bruce through time and **** that could be epic if done right. He seems to have escaped the omega sanction but is stuck in the past. So many possibilities Bruce Vs. Caveman Vandal Savage maybe he gets affected by the meteorite too? so much could change for Bruce now.

Imagine Bruce Vs. Ra's Al Ghul from the beginning of Ra's time. But DiDio would never ok something that awesome he's too spineless as an EIC. He's not about the storytelling he's about keeping status quo's to appease the people who whine about DC instead of evolving the mythos giving them more epic qualities. When silver age fans whined he did what they asked. He'd do the same with Bats, he'd succomb to the fanboys that aren't content with hundreds of trades new mini series', Superman/Batman and Batman Confidential for their Bruce Batman fix. I say this as someone who's been a Batman fan for 20 + years now, I wouldn't mind this era to even last a decade but I know I'm in a serious minority with that one.

Thank you for the warm welcome

I'm not so sure that Grayson doesn't have the will. I've had lots of conversations with people about other DC heroes that could be green lanterns, for example. Grayson could be one, as could Bruce. But I think maybe you mean more about Bruce's devotion to the mission? I agree that Grayson is a little less devoted, but more because he wants a healthy life AS dick Grayson, not just as a super hero.

I haven't like anything Winick's put out in a very, very long time. Really not since his work on GL. I'm not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole. Well, maybe I'll thumb through it, but I don't plan on buying it.

I have also been a fan of these characters since I was a kid in the 80's. I'm all for this being the new Batman and Robin for the comic books for a while. I don't want to put a time stamp on it. As long as the stories are good, this should be the DCU's dynamic duo.

However, I hope that when Bruce does return, Dick is returned to the role of Nightwing, andnot killed off.

Also, I can't update my signature...

Yeah I mean his determination Bruce Wayne is obsessed with his mission it's pretty much the basis of everything he became. It's why he's such a great detective it's why he's such a competent fighter that's the only thing Nightwing lacks but for Bruce Wayne that name is just an alias and his real name is Batman. That's the difference as you said Dick Grayson actually has a real life just like Nightwing did it wasn't as one sided.

Morrison said he could write Batman forever (no pun) cause he enjoys it so much I already think this is a much better fit for him than Bruce Wayne the Batgod was. He hesitated on Dick and finally went all out with what he thinks of him in this issue, he gets it and it's not Nightwing as Batman it is Batman just not the one that we once knew. So this is why I hope he rides with this for a while beyond 12 issues. I doubt it though unless sales are like phenomenal during this new era.

The art looks different than useful but the previews look really great. 2 weeks more!!!

Okay #1 was quite interesting. Firefly is getting the Paul Dini magical touch of awesomeness. He was making poison that made people burned and stuff, ouch. =O Oh and Damian spents time with Hush due to him looking like his old father and they were playing chest. Hush apparently has a television on his house and sees that its his time to get out of the jail and become the Bruce Wayne. >:] Manhunter was an interesting character but i wasn't really convinced yet since this was just the #1 gotta wait and see how she develops. :)

It wasn't poison, it was an incendiary chip that, when activated, caused the victims to spontaneously combust. Pretty brutal. Not to mention, for 4 bucks, the book is well paced and tightly written. I might keep up with this.

Ah well i kinda took the chip thing as a poison but yeah bad usage of words now that you put it that way. Still really brilliant from Paul Dini. =) Next week we get to see Gotham Sirens and something tell me these 2 comics are gonna tie each other alot, especially since Hush is suppose to appear in Gotham sirens aswell.

Gotham Sirens seems interesting. I might check it out. But Detective Comics drops next week, as well. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Does anyone know how long Dini's run will last as I don't get unless his run is not gonna be a long one why they wouldn't let him carry on his story in Detective comics and let Batwoman get her own comic book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"