Iron Man The Suit!!!!! [Mark III-Red and Gold Awesomeness]

ironman_l.jpg

I am so glad they made the suit so good. Please no realism, and it doesn't look like their will be any, time for some fun, time for a comic book movie come to life. I think this might go right up there with the Spidey series, and Rise of the Silver Surfer. I think people are starting to see that the closer you stay to the comic books, and stay faithful the better the movies are, and the more money they make 'cause you're not losing the core audience. the comic fans are what matters, not some other losers that don't care. Make these movies for the fans, those who love these characters, not the general public.

:wow: fortunately this movie, unlike some of the others, will be quite realistic.. if the armor looks close to that from the latest comics doesn't mean it looks less realistic in the real world ..it's just that the armor looks quite realistic in the comics as well, otherwise they could have used the one from the 70's where you wonder how the hell he can bend the arms and legs if it's made of metal and there's no articulations... iron man is one of the few that can be handled in a really believable way and thank god it looks like they are doing it this way...

^Well, in the novelization Parker got the wrestler(who got thrown out of the ring and injured his back) who went on before him to make the costume as thanks for beating Bonesaw McGraw. They don't even try to say he made the costume himself, although he designed it.

The novelisation is not the film.

if you were trying to prove the spiderman costume isnt the most faithful costume adaptation, why didnt you say he shouldnt have silver web all over his costume and it shouldnt be raised
not "peter couldnt have constructed that" which gives nothing to your argument

:huh:

Anyway, I think Iron Man is the most faithful so far alongside V...

v-for-vendetta.jpg

In the novel, V's belt is not that thick, his boots didn't go up to his knees, and his hat was 2 inches taller in the novel than the film. They talk about all of this on the Special Features included in V for Vendetta.

In the novel, V's belt is not that thick, his boots didn't go up to his knees, and his hat was 2 inches taller in the novel than the film. They talk about all of this on the Special Features included in V for Vendetta.

Yeah, they really bastardized the character with those changes :oldrazz:

Exactly, it's so faithful that those minor differences are the only ones.

I think spidey's costume is the most faithful, easily.

Most Faithful Renditions:

Iron Man
V
Silver Surfer (not much you could get wrong...appearance-wise)
Sandman
Spider-Man

I am so glad they made the suit so good. Please no realism, and it doesn't look like their will be any, time for some fun, time for a comic book movie come to life. I think this might go right up there with the Spidey series, and Rise of the Silver Surfer. I think people are starting to see that the closer you stay to the comic books, and stay faithful the better the movies are, and the more money they make 'cause you're not losing the core audience. the comic fans are what matters, not some other losers that don't care. Make these movies for the fans, those who love these characters, not the general public.

you truly think that if in rise of the silver surfer, at the end a big guy dressed in purple with a weird hat showed up, the general movie-goer would be like "wow that's so cool" ? (hey it's not a rethorical question, it's open to a "yes") I think that if studios are so much interested in comic book movies is that they have a great potential to be blockbusters (action, drama....). Example: I saw SP3 with friends of mine, sure they did know who Spider man was and they did know he was a comic book character but when I told names as Eddie Brock, Flint Marko, they were like "who the hell are they ?".

My point is that you don't make more than 800 million dollars only with pleasing comic book fans (and as nearly all comic book fans have their idea of what they want to see, it's impossible to please them all) and you have to make the movie accessible and believable for the basic movie goer (as I will be with Iron Man). Sure you have accepted things (and want to see those things on the big screen) that worked on comic books (as my example of Galactus), but they might not fit on big screen. So they have to make compromises with bit faithfull to the source and please the fans and make the movie accessible to those who don't know the original material.

But man, I 100% respect your opinion, and what I just said is only my opinion, no judgement. (And by the way sorry for going away from the topic's thread)

Back to the suit. It looks amazing. I can't wait to see it in motion (I'm not counting those taped videos, I mean teaser or trailer :yay: ). Even that first suit (the grey one) looks believable (and I have to admit that when I saw that first suit on a comic book page, I was like "I could they make this thing work on a movie ?" well they did make it work.

you truly think that if in rise of the silver surfer, at the end a big guy dressed in purple with a weird hat showed up, the general movie-goer would be like "wow that's so cool" ? (hey it's not a rethorical question, it's open to a "yes") I think that if studios are so much interested in comic book movies is that they have a great potential to be blockbusters (action, drama....). Example: I saw SP3 with friends of mine, sure they did know who Spider man was and they did know he was a comic book character but when I told names as Eddie Brock, Flint Marko, they were like "who the hell are they ?".

My point is that you don't make more than 800 million dollars only with pleasing comic book fans (and as nearly all comic book fans have their idea of what they want to see, it's impossible to please them all) and you have to make the movie accessible and believable for the basic movie goer (as I will be with Iron Man). Sure you have accepted things (and want to see those things on the big screen) that worked on comic books (as my example of Galactus), but they might not fit on big screen. So they have to make compromises with bit faithfull to the source and please the fans and make the movie accessible to those who don't know the original material.

So you're saying an audience will accept a naked silver man flying around space on a surf board, but they won't accept Galactus?

So you're saying an audience will accept a naked silver man flying around space on a surf board, but they won't accept Galactus?
595px-Silver_surfer.jpg

galactus.gif

Yes. Galactus has perhaps the most ridiculous head gear and color scheme around.

I'm not a big fan of the final red and gold armor from the movie. It looks great, and I have no complaints, really, I just would have preferred something more along the lines of the Ultimate suit. I'm probably in the minority, but I think that armor looks the best out of all the incarnations.

Yes. Yes you are. :p

I like the Ultimate costume but it is definately ugly compared to the regular Iron Man design. Very militaristic as opposed to superheroic.

That's what I like about it though! lol I like the more industrial, badass look to the Ultimates armor. But it's ok, I'm used to being in the minority about such things. I'm also one who prefers the Ultimate X-Men costumes and the Superman Returns costume over the respective originals, among other sorts of details. Oh well. *shrug*

Singer could learn a thing or two from this suit designer :up:

The new video of the helmet shows that the suit is in fact brighter than the the promo picture would have you believe!

The new video of the helmet shows that the suit is in fact brighter than the the promo picture would have you believe! Thank you Marvel!

a video of the helmet? ..where? as far as i'm concerned i hope the red parts of the armor will be quite dark, a bordeaux red will be fine, just like the picture ..and of course it must look as metallic as possible...

yes, for me suspension of disbelief has his limits, a silver guy flying on a board is more believable for me than a giant planet eater guy, dressed in purple and with a weird hat.

And by the way, I was just voicing my opinion, not trying to make my opinion better than others. If you think Galactus (in the way he appears in the 616 Universe) would work in a movie, then good for you :yay:

Back to the suit, just to see your opinions: since it's debut, the suit has gone to lot of changes, so you think they should make maybe more variations of the suit for the movie?

This may have been stated in some earlier post I just don't want to take the time to look....but....

I just hope we don't see the suit unfold on Stark like the fakey looking shield effects, folding and unfolding, on the Bat Mobile in the Tim Burton movie. I really hope they make me believe this thing works or could work.

yes, for me suspension of disbelief has his limits, a silver guy flying on a board is more believable for me than a giant planet eater guy, dressed in purple and with a weird hat.

I know you are just voicing your opinion and all, but you are aware that your point here about what is more believable doesn't make any sense, aren't you? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"