Iron Man The Suit!!!!! [Mark III-Red and Gold Awesomeness]

I agree, Galactus is just silly looking.

This may have been stated in some earlier post I just don't want to take the time to look....but....

I just hope we don't see the suit unfold on Stark like the fakey looking shield effects, folding and unfolding, on the Bat Mobile in the Tim Burton movie. I really hope they make me believe this thing works or could work.
I'm sure that will be saved for a sequel what with it fitting into a suitcase and all.

I don't think a guy who sucks planets dry is worried about looking silly -- if you ever see him, don't tell him what you think; I have become attatched to this rock we all inhabit.

I agree, Galactus is just silly looking.

If ridiculous transforming giant robots can work on screen successfully, I guarantee Galactus could work.

If ridiculous transforming giant robots can work on screen successfully, I guarantee Galactus could work.

They could make him work but it would have to be more in the vein of Alex Ross' Galactus and not Kirby's...

^I'd be fine with that and it would've been a whole lot better than what we got.

I love the suit and it looks great! I can't wait to see this movie, this is a must see, and RD Jr. is a awesome pick as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

l_20b065a1dbd28935279b9e70a95dfd29.jpg
wr machine

i take it lots o lafs would prefer a WAR MACHINE movie to iron man?

I thought the first pic of the R/G suit was a CG rendering, now I'm leaning towards it being an actual worn costume with some heavy Photoshop tweaks.

I really like how it looks rigid but is soo thin and flexible. If you can roll off the ground wearing it and get to your feet (like in the spy footage) then thats damn good costume construction!

Nivek - From what I've heard, the R/G suit did not need as much Photoshop tweeks as you might think, and said photo was almost 100% Stan Winston's suit!

jrd550 - I have not looked at Ross' MARVELS in some time, but I thought HIS Galactus WAS the Kirby Galactus!

yeah it easily is. i think iron man is defo up there with the spidey costume though

Definitely, I would categorize translations in the following way

***** - Looks as close to the comic as possible
**** - Very close to the comic with some minor alterations
*** - Similar concept to the comics, but liberties taken (i.e. unecessary additions or subtractions)
** - A nod to the comics, but they made significant changes
* - A complete departure from the comics

So, this rating isn't how *good* the costumes are in the movies, just how *close* they are to their comic counterparts. For example, I thought the X-men costumes worked for what they were but they were completely different, I would have liked to have seen what the comic versions would have looked like.

This is how I think they should rate:

***** costumes
------------------
Spider-Man, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer

**** costumes
-----------------
Batman, Daredevil, The Hulk (due to size difference), Fantastic Four, Superman, Blade, Punisher

*** costumes
---------------
Elektra

** costumes
--------------
Catwoman (new)

* costumes
-------------
X-men

I left out characters who I wasn't familiar with enough to give an accurate rating.

you know i would say Fantastic Four, Superman, Blade, Punisher are very very acuarate

I think I'm slowly starting to get a little hyped for the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"