The Technology Thread - Part 1

Why graphene hasn’t taken over the world...yet
[YT]/IesIsKMjB4Y[/YT]

We have been hearing about the revolutionary properties of graphene for a decade and a half yet commercial progress has been slow.

The company in the video has had success with graphene based wearable tech and claim it will be the next big thing with in five years.

The functionality of wearable tech is going to be weird initially. Unless the tech is voice command activated people will be walking around touching themselves to active stuff which will be odd to see.

It's like nobody ever watched the movie.

World’s largest solar park under development in Egypt

The Benban Solar Park aims to reach somewhere between 1.6-2.0GW of solar power by the middle of 2019.

The projects will receive no incentives, however, it will be given a 25 year contract to sell its electricity at 7.8¢/kWh to the the state-owned Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC) and pegged to the value of the US dollar.

Currently, 29 projects have received financing – representing at least $1.8 billion. These 29 projects represent almost 1.5GW of solar power.

The land was initially laid out with 41 unique plots ranging from 0.12mi2 to 0.39mi2. The total land area of the park is approximately 14.4mi2.

This eastern region of the Sahara Desert has some of the best solar power resources – sunlight – on the planet. Better than the US/Mexico western desert,

World's first AI news anchor unveiled in China

China’s state news agency Xinhua this week introduced the newest members of its newsroom: AI anchors who will report “tirelessly” all day every day, from anywhere in the country.

Chinese viewers were greeted with a digital version of a regular Xinhua news anchor named Qiu Hao. The anchor, wearing a red tie and pin-striped suit, nods his head in emphasis, blinking and raising his eyebrows slightly.

“Not only can I accompany you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. I can be endlessly copied and present at different scenes to bring you the news,” he says.

Xinhua also presented an English-speaking AI, based on another presenter, who adds: “The development of the media industry calls for continuous innovation and deep integration with the international advanced technologies … I look forward to bringing you brand new news experiences.”

Perfectly creepy.

Japan goes from being technologically superior to panties in vending machines. They are quite the characters.

i guess no one saw those Terminator movies lol. we're already dumb enough, should we really be making so many things that are smarter than us? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"