The Thunderbolts* News and Discussion Thread

I absolutely hate making Sentry the villain here. Basically sounds like they are doing the movie version of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

Should be doing Zemo as Citizen V for your first movie.

I don't even like Sentry as a character.

I loved Wyatt Russell as John Walker in Falcon and the Winter Soldier so to see him again as US Agent in Thunderbolts I can't wait but also I love that Bucky is going to be in this film even though Bucky should have been in Brave New World

Harrison Ford replacing William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross as Secretary Ross...is perfect casting

Huh. Well, this is happening again.

Ok so both the MarvelStudios twitter account and Florence Pugh added an asterisk to Thunderbolts*, and it's also writen with the asterisk on the crew chairs. What's the significance of the asterisk here? Are they gonna replace it with another subtitle?

Ok so both the MarvelStudios twitter account and Florence Pugh added an asterisk to Thunderbolts*, and it's also writen with the asterisk on the crew chairs. What's the significance of the asterisk here? Are they gonna replace it with another subtitle?
Thunderbolts: Are Go?

6ZHAoM.gif

Yeah I noticed that as well. It's either going to be a placeholder subtitle/title change or maybe (depending on how clever they are) it ends up being something that could play into the marketing. Like say they have a poster that says Thunderbolts* then at the bottom says *Not officially affiliated with the Avengers or something like that. If they go that route, depending on how they do it, could be assuming. Have the micro machines guy do a voice over at the end a commericial or trailer and say this aburdly long paragraph about legal terms and conditions.

Last edited:
I loved Wyatt Russell as John Walker in Falcon and the Winter Soldier so to see him again as US Agent in Thunderbolts I can't wait but also I love that Bucky is going to be in this film even though Bucky should have been in Brave New World
Wyatt Russell's take on John Walker really grabbed my attention in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Walker's mix of complexity and flaws, portrayed with nuance by Russell, truly made him shine in the series. I'm hopeful Walker gets a bigger role in Thunderbolts, not just a supporting one.

Wyatt Russell's take on John Walker really grabbed my attention in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Walker's mix of complexity and flaws, portrayed with nuance by Russell, truly made him shine in the series. I'm hopeful Walker gets a bigger role in Thunderbolts, not just a supporting one.
Exactly love him as an actor and love his dad Kurt and his mom Goldie Hawn as actors so he definitely got their talent

That Ig reel from Florence was cool. Just a casual day at the set, on costume and we get to see a glimpse of the logo/film shot.

I'm really intrigued how will this perform neXt year. Marvel Studios is no longer immuned from having a flop movie.

A. Is it going to be a 1 and done like Black Widow regardless of how it performs.
B. Is it going to be like Eternals in which they introduced a new team, tell us in the credits that "Thunderbolts will return", only for the 2quel to be radio silence years later.
C. This performs like The Marvels which automatically kills a direct sequel.
D. This is a breakout hit and a sequel is guaranteed.

Enjoy the new title change!

There's been some speculation that the team will take on the Dark Avengers moniker at the end of the movie hence the asterisk in the title.

There's been some speculation that the team will take on the Dark Avengers moniker at the end of the movie hence the asterisk in the title.
Well they do have Skaar.

For a Dark Avengers they're only going to need 1 Captain America equivalent, and Ghost doesn't really fit on that either. So if they're gonna be Dark Avengers I guess Bucky, Alexei, and Ava won't carry over?

Captain America - John Walker
Black Widow - Yelena Belova
Sentry
Hawkeye - Antonia Dreykov? Or maybe Benjamin Poindexter?

Other potential members could be

Hulk - Thaddeus Ross (At this point neither Skaar nor Abomination seem like they'd join a Dark Avengers tbh)
Iron Man - Justin Hammer
Doctor Strange - Mordo
Hercules (Thor equivalent)
White Vision

Last edited:
For a Dark Avengers they're only going to need 1 Captain America equivalent, and Ghost doesn't really fit on that either.
If they used more of their comic abilities, Ghost would be the Iron Man proxy.

New logo looks terrible.

I don't know why they can't stick to the original logo they've shown to us especially it was inspired by the comics' logo. They did this to their other films/projects as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"