The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The tone/mood for ASM2

batman begins is 70% and it was the first if its trilogy and TAS is also the first of its trilogy and is only 4% less

TAS did quite well considering the big risk sony took rebooting it

and to my surprise Xmen first class is 65% and that film had alot of good stuff said about it =/

It doesn't have to be good enough for me. The majority has spoken and they are in agreement that ASM was favorable and look forward to the sequel. I also don't count negative reviews that use the "too soon" or "origin done over" arguments as their basis for their negativity. If someone wants to dislike ASM; I've no issue with that, however it should be based on the film itself.

The majority has spoken and they say this:

A well-chosen cast and sure-handed direction allow The Amazing Spider-Man to thrill, despite revisiting many of the same plot points from 2002's Spider-Man.

^ Taken right from RT. That last bit of the sentence also tells what the majority believes as well and that's what killed TAS-M so much, besides the next-to-nothing villain and open-ended plot points.

I believe the metacritic '66%' is the average review score, not the percentage of critics that favored the movie.

..but in metacritic movie reviews, 66% is still above average..

Again, if you're fine with that number....

If I'm fine with that number? Quite frankly, I don't care about the number at all.

Not sure why you seem to.

Only debating on it as a more devil's advocate. I don't care about the number at all simply because I would give TAS-M a much lower rating/grade/what have you.

The Avengers has a 69 and X-Men FC has a 65. So you're argument is kind of invalid. Lol

How is it invalid? I would indeed put The Dark Knight Trilogy over both of these films as well.

Ooooh 4 points! Put that in a 1-10 scale and it's .4. SUCH a dramatic difference.

And we are talking about a 'D' score and a 'C' score as well even with those four points. And I'm sure it's not much of difference for someone that certainly loves TAS-M.

The tone should be like Skyfall, serious, playful, mature, jovial, melancholy, hopeful.

Am I the only one around here who wasnt too impressed with Skyfall?

Felt like a badass version of Home alone to me

And we are talking about a 'D' score and a 'C' score as well even with those four points. And I'm sure it's not much of difference for someone that certainly loves TAS-M.

Grade dont show a clear picture

As he rightly said 0.4 in a scale to 1-10 is hardly anything

Lovely.

Depends on how you define the word 'Successful'

Personally I would call only IM1 and TA as successful

IM and TA were indeed the most successful films of the bunch.

Am I the only one around here who wasnt too impressed with Skyfall?

Felt like a badass version of Home alone to me

:dry:

And then it all became clear how Anno and Spiderdevil disagreed on simply everything...

Well,First class in 65(below both BB and TASM)
And I still think it was the best of all three so metacritic isnt a barometer really

Metacritic and RT holds some truth.

Grade dont show a clear picture

As he rightly said 0.4 in a scale to 1-10 is hardly anything

Lol, my grade of a 'F' is a clear picture of TAS-M for sure though :up:

Lovely.

IM and TA were indeed the most successful films of the bunch.

:dry:

And then it all became clear how Anno and Spiderdevil disagreed on simply everything...

Metacritic and RT holds some truth.

Lol, my grade of a 'F' is a clear picture of TAS-M for sure though :up:

Lol and TDKR is overrated and full of badly edited scenes and poor, lazy writing. Not just poorly edited scenes, but nonsensical scenes, but oh I can already see you starting to formulate a defense against this post, because you can talk crap about TASM all you want, but NO ONE is right when if comes to TDKR. You rated it a 10/10. Yeah, that says something about your "running in place" type of thinking when it come to TASM, just waiting for someone to come around and say something that you can't help but compulsively respond to, then just let that person pass right now by. Congratulations, you've made yourself out to be a pretenius A-hole. But what else can you expect from someone who gave TDKR a 10/10? Probably instilled a superiority complex into that movie.

Damn man

We care so much about your opinion

You must if you're going to take time to reply about my opinion.

Lol and TDKR is overrated and full of badly edited scenes and poor, lazy writing. Not just poorly edited scenes, but nonsensical scenes, but oh I can already see you starting to formulate a defense against this post, because you can talk crap about TASM all you want, but NO ONE is right when if comes to TDKR. You rated it a 10/10. Yeah, that says something about your "running in place" type of thinking when it come to TASM, just waiting for someone to come around and say something that you can't help but compulsively respond to, then just let that person pass right now by. Congratulations, you've made yourself out to be a pretenius A-hole. But what else can you expect from someone who gave TDKR a 10/10? Probably instilled a superiority complex into that movie.

See, it feels good to open up about how you feel about a film, huh? That's why I do that all the time :up:

Indeed, TDKR's rating may have become lower, but that's simply because now I rate the entire trilogy as a whole as I can't choose one film over another, the same as with Lord of the Rings these days. I'm not going to get mad over how someone feels about TDKR; if you hate it that's fine. That's the difference when I bring up my dislike over TAS-M, lol.

But, I will say this...between the two CBMs, which have popped up on Top Ten lists, including AFI, and which CBM popped up on zilch?

I just think it is hypocritical that you call people out for defending T-ASM on the Spider-Man forums while you constantly defend and debate The Nolan Bat films on the Spider-Man forums

And what's wrong with debating other films until a mod tells me otherwise? Nothing, that's what.

And I can call out anyone who indeed likes a film to simply understand why someone likes a film that I really can't stand anymore. Someone would do the same if someone exclaims they enjoy Ghost Rider.

hey, as long as you can see that people could say the same thing about you defending The Dark Knight Trilogy then more power to you

And what's wrong with debating other films until a mod tells me otherwise? Nothing, that's what.

And I can call out anyone who indeed likes a film to simply understand why someone likes a film that I really can't stand anymore. Someone would do the same if someone exclaims they enjoy Ghost Rider.

That isn't debating, you'll talk constant crap about one movie, yet almost call another movie perfect when a lot of other people point out it's flaws. You rated TDKR a 10/10. That signfys near a near perfect MASTERPIECE. And lists don't mean anything. You seem too caught up in logistics, which are in fact others opinions and not fact. And stop trying to act like the "What I say is so much more thought provoking, well placed and valid than what most of the others here have to say" poster. That's the type or aura your posts give off. Same as chester's, it's not what you say, it's the way you say it. I don't care if you don't like this movie or if you don't care for the sequel. Don't try to act pretinious or try to start things with others and saying you're not because that's exactly what you. You're like any other poster hidding behind a veil of false "sophistication"

And if you can't stand the film anymore then maybe you shouldn't be coming to the forums dedicated to it. People blow this movie's quality out of proportions on both sides of the spectrum

hey, as long as you can see that people could say the same thing about you defending The Dark Knight Trilogy then more power to you

:up:

See, I like ya...you understand it all.

That isn't debating, you'll talk constant crap about one movie, yet almost call another movie perfect when a lot of other people point out it's flaws. You rated TDKR a 10/10. That signfys near a near perfect MASTERPIECE. And lists don't mean anything. You seem too caught up in logistics, which are in fact others opinions and not fact. And stop trying to act like the "What I say is so much more thought provoking, well placed and valid than what most of the others here have to say" poster. That's the type or aura your posts give off. Same as chester's, it's not what you say, it's the way you say it. I don't care if you don't like this movie or if you don't care for the sequel. Don't try to act pretinious or try to start things with others and saying you're not because that's exactly what you. You're like any other poster hidding behind a veil of false "sophistication"

So...I can't have the opinion of disliking a film while claiming another is perfect in my eyes while also debating with others who call the film I dislike as perfect in their eyes? It's debating in a forum; nothing new. I do the same when posters don't like TDKR in the Batman boards because that's what the forums are about, is it not?

And if you can't stand the film anymore then maybe you shouldn't be coming to the forums dedicated to it. People blow this movie's quality out of proportions on both sides of the spectrum

*looks at where I am*

The Amazing Spider-Man 2....The Amazing Spider-Man 2....

I suppose I can't talk about my dislike on the previous film while also discussing anything about the sequel as I do?

Hrm, okay...I will leave...wait, nah...

See, it feels good to open up about how you feel about a film, huh? That's why I do that all the time :up:

Indeed, TDKR's rating may have become lower, but that's simply because now I rate the entire trilogy as a whole as I can't choose one film over another, the same as with Lord of the Rings these days. I'm not going to get mad over how someone feels about TDKR; if you hate it that's fine. That's the difference when I bring up my dislike over TAS-M, lol.

But, I will say this...between the two CBMs, which have popped up on Top Ten lists, including AFI, and which CBM popped up on zilch?

I know I have been part of many debates with you but it gets too irritative sometimes.And this is coming from someone who is rarely pissed off

Especially when you deliberately hate on everthing remotely related to the franchise for no reason and belittle people who like it as if your opinion is above their's,on the other hand you justify the Dark Knight trilogy till death even when the flaw is for everyone to see

I am not asking you to stop hating but if I were you and hated something so much,I wouldnt waste my time in it's forums and if I would,I would have kept the hate to myself

There is a difference between constructive and reasoned criticism and plain hating.A lot of guys(Including myself) come into the former category and thats okay but you and another guy are in that later category

You can chose to not leave but I assure you that if you dont change your attitude,people will stop replying to you,a lot of them already have

Last edited:
Simply because I do hate everything except for the cast. Not my fault, really, it's the product that's shoved into my face.

And you think I care if people don't reply, lol. Trust me, I don't. Especially when there are many that still feel the same I do...so, I'll have enough people to talk to.

Also...reasoned criticism? REALLY? You badmouth everything that I actually defend just to sound spiteful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"